PDA

View Full Version : Old people are useless

Parallax
6th December 2006, 01:57 PM
Whoa whoa whoa, dont go lunging at my throat, now.

Question is, why aren't old people getting the respect they deserve in this country (USA)? Answer is, becuase they are useless. What good are our old people for aside from dribbling and shedding hair all over your furniture?

And let's knock this argument right off:

"But other people like the Japanese respect their elderly! We should too!"

No. Old Japanese actually have a reason for living. Growing up they are taught cultural traditions and they spend time learning about their country and it's people, by the time they reach old age they are almost quite literally fountains of knowledge. They serve the purpose of instructing and teaching new generations of Japanese the successful trades they learned throughout their lifetime. And even they, as handy as they are, are rapidly becoming obsolete thanks to the internet.

Old African/South-American tribespeople are valuable because they help with the survival of ther young. They don't have computers or even simple books to learn from, they rely on their elders.

What do old Americans know? Nothing. Rather, nothing worth listening to or nothing you can't easily find in a library. No culture to speak of either since we just steal other people's ideas. "In 1940's I fought them Nazis till the cows came home!" Yeah, any history text-book tells us that. "Pickles used to be 10 cents!" Uh huh... "J. Edgar Hoover wore a dress!" Great, pop-culture, that'll ensure the survival of our future generations how? Ask an old white guy where New Zealand is on the map and he'll glaze over. Ask him where he keeps the bourbon and he'll describe it's location and condition, all the way down to the dust particles accumulated on the glass container and the little tears on the label where he and his buddies used to keep track of all the women they've seduced.

We don't need old white people cluttering up the already over-farmed, over-taxed, over-populated planet we live on. Beverly Hills needs to be bombed and golf courses need to be seized from the country clubs and turned into farmland, you don't need 1000 goddam acres to play that horse's ass of a game you call golf, you effing retards!!

"But I love my grandparents!"

Good! Glad you aren't abusing them! But come on! They can't work, they can't teach you anything other than who won Ameican Idol last night, and our government has to waste its money on them to keep them suffering alive a little longer to keep you saps happy. That's ridiculous, plain and simple. If you can't somehow prove you're still a functional member of society then you have no excuse for breathing my air. And it's not like I'm saying old people should be leading marathons or teaching aerobics or working till they can't move, I'm just saying our old people would get some more respect if they actually did something other than sit on their asses all day and ***** about how their life is going to end soon. Teach people to play the piano, go read to the children in the library on weekends, knit sweaters, plant a garden, write a book, head back to the battlefields and lead an army like you did in the good ol' old days if you have to, anything! And goddammit you're lucky I lost my train of thought or else I would keep yelling for another page or two.

"Why didn't you post this in that other old person thread?"

I don't think that would have been polite. :]

TheDon
6th December 2006, 02:03 PM
My grandparents aren't American so they are useful

Parallax
6th December 2006, 02:18 PM
Goody. :]

Kygre
6th December 2006, 02:20 PM
Some old people in my community are very helpful. My grandma is too old to do stuff now though, she just sits on a chair staring into the window, poor her. I guess sometimes they are there to give a people a sense of care and jobs for people who work in old people homes. Sometimes old ladies walk by saying hello. It gives a warm feeling. Blah blah, blah!

=P

ScarletWolf
6th December 2006, 03:47 PM
this is reminding me of maddox

LoveMehKissMeh
6th December 2006, 04:10 PM
You're a dumbass.

Old people leech the government's money, then giving it to me.

My grandma is a cheat. She gets money from Canada AND China.

She gets EXTRA money because she was unemployed, but in actual, she WAS employed.

KindaMaybe
6th December 2006, 04:16 PM
this is reminding me of maddox

Wow, he actually did there...maybe Parallax is Maddox in disguise! I mean come on, they both have X's in there names!

Anyways, my grandparents left alive are still in their 60's and work, they arent useless yet.

Parallax
6th December 2006, 04:52 PM
Fine, I'll ask, what's a maddox?

Torrisrox
6th December 2006, 04:59 PM
My grandparents are dead o.O wait, if I can't prove that I am useful, does that mean that I should be shot too? o.o....just wondering.

ScarletWolf
6th December 2006, 05:37 PM
you dont know who Maddox is? what is this? your first day on the internet?

Maddox is the author of The Best Page in the Universe (http://maddox.xmission.com/)

XeroSilas
6th December 2006, 06:03 PM
Lolol ScarletsWolf signature = funny.

To the topic title: LMAO THAT MADE ME CRACK UP!?! ^*^

Parallax
6th December 2006, 06:15 PM

Maddox is the author of The Best Page in the Universe (http://maddox.xmission.com/)

Forgive me, pop-culture isn't at the top of my "To Know" List. Fine I'll see what the stink is about.

Yeah, I like my titles, they force you to come in here and it's like BAM! you're getting lectured :lol:

Edit: Looks like someone wasnt spanked as a kid.

KindaMaybe
6th December 2006, 06:42 PM

Forgive me, pop-culture isn't at the top of my "To Know" List. Fine I'll see what the stink is about.

Yeah, I like my titles, they force you to come in here and it's like BAM! you're getting lectured :lol:

Edit: Looks like someone wasnt spanked as a kid.

That was hilarious.

And Maddox is pretty awesome, his book is one of my definite favorites.

ScarletWolf
6th December 2006, 06:50 PM
yeah, his book is cool. too bad i dont have his comic. i really want to read that.

Lolol ScarletsWolf signature = funny.

CountessZero
6th December 2006, 07:02 PM
My gran just twits on about what it was like to live in the same house as a Nazi supporter >_>

And that Adolf Hitler was rather short and a disgrace to the Austrian nation (yes, she's Austrian).

She's useful, though. She looks after the house for my mum (who is out at work all the time, it seems, and has enough to worry about without looking after the house too), she looks after me, and she is slowly forcing me to learn more German. It's like being tortured by a linguistics-obsessed squirrel.

Anyway. Parallax is right, most old people are useless. But not in this country, we prefer to just shove them in geriatric homes and forget about them. Fweh. And our government sucks *plots to assasinate Tony Blair*

I wish :roll:

Yeah. British old people are useful, in a way. Because most of them move to Florida ROFL.

:P Yup, we're foisting them all off on you, USA. The reason your old people are so useless is that they're all BRITISH!

BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Parallax
6th December 2006, 07:08 PM
Florida is an interesting state because for some reason all the old/dying people and pedophiles flock there like locust, saggy, dirty locust...

Torrisrox
6th December 2006, 07:12 PM
xD

Yet it also has many attractions for younger people. Plus beaches. Spring break >=O

KindaMaybe
6th December 2006, 07:21 PM
Florida is an interesting state because for some reason all the old/dying people and pedophiles flock there like locust, saggy, dirty locust...

xD

Yet it also has many attractions for younger people. Plus beaches. Spring break >=O

Torrisrox
6th December 2006, 07:21 PM
Ahhhh.

Parallax
6th December 2006, 07:27 PM
Ahhhh.

The sound of an old pedophile at spring break >_<

KindaMaybe
6th December 2006, 07:28 PM
Ahhhh.

HAHAHAHAHAHahahahaaaaaaaaaaa. Oh man, that was good.

LoveMehKissMeh
6th December 2006, 07:31 PM
Owned.

I didn't know that Parallax has got that much power in him.

Torrisrox
Ahhhh.

xD

KindaMaybe
Owned.

I didn't know that Parallax has got that much power in him.

I know really, ive never heard him say something like that.

arrawrawr
7th December 2006, 04:04 AM
Well, Hal, I feel like I can speak on this subject quite readily. You see- My 78 year old grandmother just died a month ago.

She had alzheimers and couldn't even remember how to get up out of a chair. She hadn't known who her children were for quite a while. Honestly she could have died years ago and it would have been just as well. So in that sense I agree with you- when someone has aged to the point that they can no longer do anything for themself... there's basically no reason for them to stick around and waste their children's money to keep them in a nursing home.

Unfortunately you can't just pull the plug on old folks when they're not doing anything efficient with their lives. It just doesn't work that way.

Everyone needs to feel like they have a purpose in life... even if you're old and not getting very much done I'm sure all those gray haired saggy boobed ladies in Florida have convinced themselves that they're doing something worth staying alive for. And in a sense that's what life is all about. Realizing why you're alive.

whendoom
7th December 2006, 04:36 AM
I guess this goes back to the thread you made about useless people. I guess under your logic; we should start killing babies. Look at them, their only function is to eat, poop and sleep. In all likelyhood they'll turn out to be useless meatsacks. Right? So, let's cut the middle years away and start off them now.

I'll grab the baseball bats and we can head over to the maternity ward now.

Sorry, but this thread made me cry a little. I guess I'll head home and hug my grandma.

krnboy1009
7th December 2006, 04:51 AM
my grandparents live in korea....so....yea. they arent useless.

square
7th December 2006, 05:30 AM
Define "usefull".
Actually Parallax (I refuse to call people by their real name on the internet), can you describe exactly how you are useful? Or how anyone can be useful?

Parallax
7th December 2006, 07:00 AM
"Unfortunately you can't just pull the plug on old folks when they're not doing anything efficient with their lives."

We can and we should do it more often.

Babies are useful. If we kill them then we effectively kill off the human race, so they need to be kept alive (and I mean just some of them, not all of them, we have enough people as is).

I can describe how I'm useful but I won't. :]

If you serve some purpose, other than the wanton destruction of the environment and it's inhabitants, then you are useful. If you teach kids to read, you're useful. If you teach ONE kid to read, and then decide to not do anything ever again, then you're useless. You're more useful dead as fertilizer.

square
7th December 2006, 07:05 AM
Meh, it all boils down on how you define your terms (like "purpose"). What's so useful about the human race anyway? What's useful about the universe? Is anything useful?
I'll just asume you mean "useful for the further development and evolution of the human race".

Parallax
7th December 2006, 07:10 AM
Nothing seems useful to me at the moment (including life throughout the universe) because I don't see a purpose behind exsistence. So we're all alive, big deal, what are we alive for?

For this topic I mean old people aren't useful for the development/betterment (lol, betterment) of the planet nd it's creatures.

arrawrawr
7th December 2006, 07:19 AM
everyone has to discover their personal purpose for existing. and just because someone is old and they don't seem to be doing anything with their life currently, that doesn't mean they can't change. it doesn't mean they won't do something meaningful in a year or two. and because of that possibility to have a meaningful life in one's future you can't just start killing everyone in nursing homes.

Parallax
7th December 2006, 07:22 AM
Youre right, I can't kill them all, that takes too long, I need to find a way for them to kill themselves :idea:

KindaMaybe
7th December 2006, 08:10 PM
At this point in my life i feel useless, should i kill myself?

Torrisrox
7th December 2006, 09:41 PM
Probably. But do it in a cool way. Go on a red carpet murdering spree....

square
7th December 2006, 11:42 PM

I don't think usefullness is a must. I made peace with me being a useless sod a long time ago.
I might dedicate my life to finding the exact frequency of the brown note (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_note). Not usefull, but fun.

RaisinBran
8th December 2006, 12:40 AM
Two Words: Soylent Green

Parallax
8th December 2006, 05:38 AM

Well, I guess people should have a little time to decide what to do to be useful once they realize they are in fact useless. If you can figure out what to do in, let's say in one cycle of the moon, then you dont have to die. But if you don't...cruel and unusual death for you :P

And there are certain frequencies at which human can be emotionally controlled (make them cry, drive them insane, calm them down, project voices into their heads (well, into their ear-drums somewhere so they feel like the voice is coming from their head), make them so angry they decide to declare war on a neighboring country, etc.) mainly used by the military as weapons and therapists as soothing methods (talk about a mood swing...). I'm pretty sure you can find the brown note with enough time.

square
8th December 2006, 07:33 AM
I'm pretty sure you can find the brown note with enough time.

Well, finding it will of course not be enough. I need to play it on a huge audio system in front of a mass of people (like a concert or a sports event) to truly succeed.

And I have no intention of bettering myself to become usefull instead of useless. I don't see why I'd have to go through the trouble.

Two Words: Soylent Green

I have this movie for quite some time now, but never got around to watch it. Is it good?

Parallax
8th December 2006, 09:31 AM
And I have no intention of bettering myself to become usefull instead of useless. I don't see why I'd have to go through the trouble.

Meh. :] As long as you don't go around blasting random people with that sound I'm fine with it. It's the people who not only do nothing positive but actually go out of their way to make things worse that I have a problem with.

arrawrawr
9th December 2006, 02:47 AM
It's the people who not only do nothing positive but actually go out of their way to make things worse that I have a problem with.

then how about you only complain about those people being a worthless waste of life that deserve to be killed! at least the loafers have the chance to change their ways for the better... but then again- so do the people trying to make things worse. :O

...SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE! <3<3<3

yes. let's eat the old codgers once they stop doing anything productive. >;D

Parallax
9th December 2006, 09:20 AM
then how about you only complain about those people being a worthless waste of life that deserve to be killed! at least the loafers have the chance to change their ways for the better... but then again- so do the people trying to make things worse. :O

I don't do things that way, woman!