Thread: Returning to Maple World after a long hiatus!

Beginner

Default Returning to Maple World after a long hiatus!

So I'm going back to Maple World after a LONG hiatus (more than 2 maybe 3 years. The last time I played was when Pirates had just come out. Everything has changed SO much its a bit unsettling.

My basic question is, I'm thinking I have to start a new character, and I'm wondering what channel would be the best? The game recommends "El Nindo" or something like that. I'd like one thats populated, moreso than mardia (unless its better now). Because The last time I logged in it was barren even on channel 1.

More detail (for those who are interested):
    I had a level 74 Ice/Lightning Mage on Mardia world, but coming back now I have no friends on my list, all of my NX expired, I have tons of skills gone and new skills replaced them with 0 SP on them (they didn't even refund me old SP!). Plus, I don't even know where to put SP with the new skills if they had refunded my SP. I'm not sure what quests I was doing, and when I logged in I had about 30 items expired (not to mention being insta-killed by about a billion monsters that had been summoned into Mardia Channel 1) (I see the hackers are back!).

I'm thinking its best to start fresh because then I will be introduced to all the new stuff like part time jobs, crafting and mining and whatnot.

Plus, they've got a level up guide now, suggested quests, etc. And, I've heard that I can probably get back to my main character level in half the time because they redid the leveling system (yes I haven't played in a LONG time) and its easier to level now? Is that really true?

Thanks for any replies,
    this lifetime mapler really appreciates it!
    Last edited by lorddonk; 2nd July 2012 at 01:45 AM.

Looks like you got all your information down pretty well. Since you're willing to start a new character, there's no need to try to convince you. That's probably the best option. I'd recommend going for one of the explorer classes, since you can't screw up your skills by not doing quests and such and such, and it'll give you a good feel for something at least a little familiar to what you're used to.

It's true that it's ridiculously easy to level, now. With a good series of anime, a few energy drinks and a weekend, it's easy to get past third job. If you're looking for populated worlds, Scania is probably the way to go. Always the most popular world. An alternative would be my home server, Windia. I'm willing to help you out in-game if you were to play Windia, although I don't play that much. Feel free to ask on the forums if you need anything, I'm sure people will answer what they can.

If you're looking for places to train, PhazonKirby (Lex) has an excellent, albeit slightly outdated guide for levelling. It should still be reasonably accurate.
    http://www.hidden-street.net/forum/t...-s-1-120-Guide

In any case, the best way to get back into the game is to just take it easy. Don't try to level up as quickly as you can, take your time and absorb all the information. Compared to back when Pirates came out, it's almost a whole new game. Good luck!

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

We'd love to have you in Bellocan if you're interested (and give advice as you go)! It's just an average-sized server, and it's merging with Nova soon.

Spoiler!

Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by blankaex View Post
    Thanks for the help! Just my luck there's an emergency server maintenance now I'll check out Windia and Scania. I want a world where there's a mix of players, where the newbie areas aren't completely barren. I find that I always make friends from partying with fellow newbies trying to get out of training ground (if that exists anymore!) Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    We'd love to have you in Bellocan if you're interested (and give advice as you go)! It's just an average-sized server, and it's merging with Nova soon.
    I'll also try Bellocan as well! I guess I'll make some dummy accounts to get a feel for a few servers and then go with the one that works out best! I would greatly appreciate advice. I just fought with Hidden Street to recover my password and get back into my account, so I'm sure I'll be posting on these forums a lot in the future!
    Last edited by lorddonk; 2nd July 2012 at 02:15 AM.

You won't need anime or energy drinks to get to third job fast. It takes maybe 3-4 days for 1-70.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100