0 0%
  • Countermage

1 25.00%
  • Geomancer

2 50.00%
  • Archmage

1 25.00%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What Classes Would You Like MS to Have?

Too cool for bot zapping Clockwork's Avatar

I'm in the same camp as Omar and Mike. Don't really need any more classes. We have enough. How about some more variety with the ones we have? Greater class diversity (loleveryonehasflashjumpnow) would be a good thing. How about more than just one unique skill per class, hm?

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
    I'm in the same camp as Omar and Mike. Don't really need any more classes. We have enough. How about some more variety with the ones we have? Greater class diversity (loleveryonehasflashjumpnow) would be a good thing. How about more than just one unique skill per class, hm?
    Yea I agree, many classes share the same skills

Which is why I said physics mage. The only skills that it would probably share with existing classes are teleport and DS's soul eater (and MW). Otherwise it would pretty different :3
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

And would totally break the game. =P

What I want is greater skill diversity so it's wise to bring different classes on raids. I like the idea of cwkpq needing two of every class but there's really no reason except "because" (other than sigil activation which isn't really a reason). Like other MMOs I mean. Actually have tanks, healers, DPSers, etc.

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

The problem is all these classes are based on five major types. The Maple world would be better if we did away with Cygnus entirely. And pirate is basically not much different from thief (melee/ranged class choice). Don't need Mech, don't really need Beast Rider, could put two more classes in there (Geomancer based on Brawler pirate with attacks based on terrain, Countermage based on a buffer cleric with a ****load more buffs and no real attacks would both be different enough to qualify), and have them totally unique. Demon Hunter is overpowered, but the back story kinda makes them overpowered, so the only thing I'd fix there is maybe making them unlockable. In terms of Legends, I think this actually is spot on. Each of the Legends is unique (Aran uses the combo meter, Evan has a dragon and about 9 job advances, Mercedes was fairly unique until they came out with Jett, and Phantom steals skills). Instead, they seem to like the Explorer and Cygnus model, and keep making snowclones of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
    And would totally break the game. =P

What I want is greater skill diversity so it's wise to bring different classes on raids. I like the idea of cwkpq needing two of every class but there's really no reason except "because" (other than sigil activation which isn't really a reason). Like other MMOs I mean. Actually have tanks, healers, DPSers, etc.

The way monsters and enemy attacks work now there's no way to have a proper tank, healer, DPS variety since all attacks hit everyone in the entire map regardless. There's no point unless an aggro system that focuses all attacks to the "tanks" was implemented and that's probably not even going to happen thanks to bosses that already hit the entire map and the fact that the game is a 2D side-scroller MMORPG and not a free-roaming 3D MMORPG.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

get rid of everything after pirate 8D.

okay no but everything is just getting flashier and flashier, and it's lagging me and i'm sure many others out. i think cygnus knights are okay, gives a chance for not so serious players to hit 120 easily (not saying it's not already easy to hit 120 on a normal char, but you know what i mean). also bc i like the empress blessing lol. and yes, fj is supposed to be reserved for only thieves (and wasn't it only NLs way back when?). need more specialized skills.

hehehe

solelygrace+saiarain <3

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Yea.
    It used to be a thing that Night Lords could FJ up to an otherwise unreachable platform in Henesys, and that was the FIRST thing I did after getting a point into FJ.

I QQed when they took that platform away

Spoiler!

Why do 5 different jobs have the same skills? Why does everyone get Flash Jump?

What do you want to get rid of DBs for? No one will use Upper Stab after 4th job. No more knocked off crap. I don't see a problem any more. Mercedes also has a skill that pushes monsters up doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    The way monsters and enemy attacks work now there's no way to have a proper tank, healer, DPS variety since all attacks hit everyone in the entire map regardless. There's no point unless an aggro system that focuses all attacks to the "tanks" was implemented and that's probably not even going to happen thanks to bosses that already hit the entire map and the fact that the game is a 2D side-scroller MMORPG and not a free-roaming 3D MMORPG.
    I guess I'm thinking more of in the old days of MS. Take those NLs so you can actually do damage. But they needed HB to survive so you had to have a DrK with you. And don't forget about needing a Bishop for heal/dispel/res.