Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fighter Vs Spearman Vs Page

Default Fighter/Spearman/Page (Help on deciding)

Fighters

Fighters are basically tanks, with skills such as rage and power guard, they are the best job at soloing monsters. Fighters also have the highest attack out of all the classes and also the highest hp but lowest mp. Fighters can use swords which can attack the fastest and there Final Attack is 260%dmg while spearmans FA is only 250% The only problem a fighter has is mob control.

Spearmans
    Spearmens have the highest mp out of all the classes but also the lowest hp. Spearmens are partylike, you could refer to a cleric. They have good party skills like Hyperbody (MaxHP +60%, MaxMP +60% for 155 seconds) and Iron wall (Weapon def. +20, magic def. +20 for 300 seconds). Spearmans are also the best at mobbing. There weapons (polearm, spears) are long so they can hit further, and have many mob skills (Buster, Dragon Fury, Dragon Roar).Spearmens are also the most popular out of all 3 classes

Pages
    Pages have the most defence out of all the jobs, basically a defensive type of fighter. They take advantage of their elemental attacks in the third job. They can almost train anywhere because you have almost all the elements except for holy (I've heard that elements dont do much on zakum. Correct me if im wrong). They're said to be the most defensive class with skills such as Threaten to decrease enemy damage,shield mastery and powerguard.. They're said to be the weakest among all the classes but it isnt true.Pages are the least most popular class

Summary
    Fighter- Highest dmg, highest hp, best at soloing.
    Spearman- Best for party, best at mobs
    Pages- Basically they are going to be in elemental in 3rd job, has the widest selection of training spots.

My personal choice is Fighter because I like wielding swords and later on combo+panic = god damage.
    Weapon Choices

Spear Vs Polearm
    Spears and polearms's have a slash:stab ratio of 3:2
    Spears do more damage with the stabbing animation and polearms do more with the slashing animation. Polearms attack faster (Skill: Dragon fury) and have a longer reach but spears do more damage (Skill: Buster). I would also like to add that polearms are cheaper than spears.

Swords Vs Axes
    Axes have a higher max damage than sword but their damage is dispersed, which means your damage is uneven. Swords have a lower max damage but is much more stable than axes. Axes also have a shorter range than swords, which results in even poorer mob control.
    Blunt Weapons are similar to axes.

If im missing any important information, kindly send a private message to me.

BW is same as Axe. IF i am not wrong...

Ok, few things..
    For the title, don't put "Vs". This is not a war... Warriors shouldn't hate other warriors.
    Also, for the description of the page.. you're not talking about a page. You're talking about a white knight.
    For fighter, you should state that they have rage. And for page, you should state that they have threaten.
    Don't put vs....
    Blunt weapons are just like axes. They have a higher maximum and lower minimum damage than swords.
    and again.. pages aren't elemetal, white knights are.
    JDMTurbo
    SkyNova

if im not mistaken i think i did put threaten for page and i cant change the title no more. juz wait til wigum comes

edit: nvm i figured out that go advanced button but it doesnt change the main title

Quote Originally Posted by SinDevil View Post
    Ok, few things..
    For the title, don't put "Vs". This is not a war... Warriors shouldn't hate other warriors.
    Also, for the description of the page.. you're not talking about a page. You're talking about a white knight.
    For fighter, you should state that they have rage. And for page, you should state that they have threaten.
    Don't put vs....
    Blunt weapons are just like axes. They have a higher maximum and lower minimum damage than swords.
    and again.. pages aren't elemetal, white knights are.
    pardon my noob warrior ass... how many kinds of attack annimations are there?

i know theres stab and slash... are there more?

are axes and blunt weapons more adept at a particular action? i know sword is good at stabbing...

i thkn theres slash and stab only

Stab and slash are just generalizations. There different varieties of each. Lemme think:

Overhand slash (up)
    Underhand slash (down)
    Back slash (you know, the one that kinda can hit both the front and the back)
    Straight stab (plain stab)
    Twisted stab (stab with a twist)

If you don't get the straight/twisted stab, I always think of the sword. One shows the blade of the sword and one shows the flat edge.

I'd believe there are just these five, which also conviniently explains the 3:2 (after all, there are 3 slashes and 2 stabs).
    Currently disinterested in maple.

Lurking all day long... ...

theres a slash that can hit btoh front and back?

ooh i heard that knight's FA will cause the character to turn one round... is it true?

looks like its dancing

Whee. Winner of our first sticky. Please update your post if someone gives you useful information or feedback :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why Daos should never ever go away:
    Spoiler!