Page 6810 of 7207 FirstFirst ... 5810631067106760680068086809681068116812682068606910 ... LastLast
Results 68,091 to 68,100 of 72066

Thread: The Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    If collect, you mean, then yes. If battle, then yes, as well. :P I've got about 400 cards. My brother has 600, and my OTHER brother just broke 1,000 last summer.

What do you need?
    I bought a tin with 4 boosters and reshirom EX as well as the accelgor theme deck to get started
    If I wanted to continue with a primarily grass/fire deck, which cards would you suggest?
    Also want to make a dark/steel deck, would that be a decent type combo or would fighting overwhelm it too hard?
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

Quote Originally Posted by ithrow4luk View Post
    I bought a tin with 4 boosters and reshirom EX as well as the accelgor theme deck to get started
    If I wanted to continue with a primarily grass/fire deck, which cards would you suggest?
    Also want to make a dark/steel deck, would that be a decent type combo or would fighting overwhelm it too hard?
    I don't know much about dark or steel types, but I run a Water / Steel, a Fire / Grass, and an Electric / Psychic.
    Until I can get access to my cards, I am going off of memory here. You're going to want 7/7 on the energies for the Grass / Fire deck. Maybe 9/5, but never more on either end.

http://stop2shop.com/rr-045.html <- One of the best Grass Pokemon cards you can have, and it's CHEAP. ($0.40 each.)

Right now I can only give you general advice until I get my Pokemon cards from wherever they are hiding. Don't run more Pokemon than Trainer cards. Because if you do this, you might end up etting Stage 2 and 3 cards that fill most of your hand, and it's easy for an opponent to discard it. Run a good amount of different Pokeballs, Potions, and cards like Professor Elm's training method. Stop2Shop is a GREAT resource for buying cards. I'd bought a Heatran from them for $3. 40 base damage attack, plus 40 more for each heads you land, and you can flip as many times as the amount of energies he has attached.

I hope this can get you by for a day, as I should be able to help you more tomorrow. :P If you'd like, shoot me a PM and we can continue.

I just have my binder of pokemon cards from third grade that I still look at from time to time.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

She's not from England either.
    I don't get it. Do you have to be from England or North America to be able to grasp the theme and nuance of Hamlet? And if so... why?
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    I don't get it. Do you have to be from England or North America to be able to grasp the theme and nuance of Hamlet? And if so... why?
    i think the korean girl's first language isn't english, therefore shakespeare's use of old english would be especially difficult for her to understand

hehehe

solelygrace+saiarain <3

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    i think the korean girl's first language isn't english, therefore shakespeare's use of old english would be especially difficult for her to understand
    There are translated versions though... The original meaning might be more difficult to understand but still.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    There are translated versions though... The original meaning might be more difficult to understand but still.
    i don't understand why you don't understand '_';

shakespeare to a lot of people is a difficult read. maybe not for you, but to me, and other people, yeah. b/c she's foreign, it's going to be even harder for her to understand...

hehehe

solelygrace+saiarain <3

When kag says something absurd..

don't respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    i don't understand why you don't understand '_';

shakespeare to a lot of people is a difficult read. maybe not for you, but to me, and other people, yeah. b/c she's foreign, it's going to be even harder for her to understand...
    Shakespeare wasn't meant to be a severe challenge but instead more of an influence on modern literature that many teachers use as a way to introduce students into a few of the most influential tragedies that was written. Of course his work wasn't exactly original and sometimes it wasn't the best, but his work acts as something of a model that many pieces of literature build over. Grasping the first few layers of understanding Shakespeare isn't very difficult unless of course analysis of literature isn't your forte. It becomes more challenging when you begin to go into the underlying layers of the several themes in each story. Right now I'm analyzing Hamlet's theme, Shakespeare's stylistic usage and the way it effects the tone or the motifs of the play, and I'm looking for the nuance to see the subtle changes in the way some characters act and how significant these changes are to the play. Overall the play is rather simple and to the point and if I wasn't forced to write all over my book I could probably take my time and enjoy it, but besides that it isn't the most difficult book to analyze. There are much harder texts out there that won't be as kind as Shakespeare's plays.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

In my high school freshman English class there were field trips to the local theater so we can see Shakespeare plays.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100