Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the hidden-street forums :: READ ME FIRST

Default Welcome to the hidden-street forums :: READ ME FIRST

We hope you enjoy your stay here. Just a few things to get you off to a good start.

General Rules

• Please be respectful of your fellow forumers. This is a pretty decent community. If you have an issue with someone or think they're being unjustly rude to you, please review these rules again and see if you're breaking them :P.

• Please take advantage of the search feature (see up top in the blue bar, next to New Posts and Quick Links). This will prevent you from asking a question that someone asked 2 days ago. This has a two-fold effect, keeping the forum cleaner, and keeping other forumers from getting angry because you asked a question that's already been asked before.

• Hidden-street.net is an extensive database of information. Quests, equipments, job skills, and training guildes all can be found there. Please browse through the site for answers to your questions.

• Please be sure to review the sticky threads in any particular forum. These are the threads that are permanently attached to the top of all the posts. These stickys are there to prevent the most commonly asked questions from being asked for the 18th time. Anything posted that has information addressed in the sticky will be locked without discussion. And you dont want to make more work for your friendly neighborhood moderators do you?

• Please review what each forum is for, to be sure you are posting in the proper spot. To make this easier, here's a general rundown of the forums and what belongs there.
      1.News & Announcements
      Hidden Street's related updates/announcements goes here.

2 MapleStory Announcements
      MapleStory's official news and updates.

3 Feedback & suggestions
      Encountered any errors while visiting Hidden Street? We appreciate any feedback and suggestions!

4 Southperry
      Introductions, new player questions. Say hi here. Be sure to check out the introduction sticky.

5 General Discussions
      General discussions about maple story. I feel this is rather obvious

6 Hunting Grounds
      The Hunting Grounds is for general class and maplestory playing questions. Don't know where to find orange mushies, post here. Be careful though, there are sub forums for each class. Class specific disscussions should go in their appropriate sub forum. (to spell this out, magician threads go in the magician sub forum, I think you can figure out the rest.) Also note, at the top of these sub forums are Stickied posts with info for the most common questions asked. Ranging from where should you train at specific levels, to job build discussions. These are important tools to review. Any post that asks what these threads have info about already will be locked. So please read around a bit.

7 Screenshots, Fanarts & Videos
      As the topic says, screenshots, fanarts and video. Keep in mind these should be Maplestory related. Also there are stickies in this forum for commonly post screenies, like hacker threads, and drop threads. Please utilize these.

8 Orbis Station
      This is where people looking for a party or guild should post. The stickys on top are for the Hidden-street official guilds. If you wish to join one of these, please read the first page of the appropriate sticky for recruitment information.

9 Tech Support
      Technical issues with your computer or maple story. Our resident nerds hang out here. Please review the stickys in this section as well for commonly asked questions. (note a theme. STICKIES).

10 Tomato Island
      Non maplestory related discussions. This is our random forum. Want to know the meaning of life? This is the place to ask, although i wouldnt put much value on the responses you get ;P

11 Empty House
      This forum is for any complaints, rants and general whining. Hackers annoying you? Rant about it here. Please note, this has a sub forum called hot sands. Hot sands is where you take your agression out on other forumers. Hate that moderator lady Wigum for locking your threads. Post about it here. Also note, It's a very lightly moderated board, but that doesnt mean to go nuts with it.

12 Market Forums
      Price checks, selling, and buying threads go in here. Please use the appropriate world forum.

That said, please try to enjoy yourself here. Try to put some thought before your post, because we like to string up new posters and have them flogged if they make no effort to post by our communal guidelines.... well not really, but following them will get you some good points :). If you have any questions, feel free to pm me or ask here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why Daos should never ever go away:
    Spoiler!

Amazing that people just can't read the description under the forum links. You should add that a lot of people's questions can be answered simply by looking in the database.
    Currently disinterested in maple.

Lurking all day long... ...

done and done.

And yes it is sad. But i'm not deluding myself into thinking this will help. But in the off chance it does, yay.

Spoiler!

indeed wigum. indeed.

hmmmmm
    I like you already lol
    THX for having me and you seem like a nice dude

I'm not sure what else can be done to make this sticky more prominent than it is, but I'm darned, a lot of people need to read this...
    Randland Parody
    Stupid cow. Stupid, stupid, stupid cow.

The faces of Hidden-Street, through the years

hehe if only we could redirect here after registering :D

Spoiler!

great idea wigum! ^ ^ maybe this will cut down on the slanderous atmosphere that arises every so often.
    Checking in 10/16!
    Reboot - Lillivet ADD ME

I hope people read this before going straight to general discussion...

People arn't reading this, I've redirected about 3 people today who were posting things in the wrong section.