Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
What to do after 2x EXP expires...

View Poll Results: What character should i make or use?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hunter(Ranger)

1 6.67%
  • Crossbowman(Sniper)

2 13.33%
  • Assassin

3 20.00%
  • Fire/Poison Wizard

1 6.67%
  • Ice/Lightning Wizard

3 20.00%
  • Cleric (lv 27 on another acct)

5 33.33%
  • Use my friends lv41 hunt. acct even though he hacked on ver 0.36

0 0%

Thread: What to do after 2x EXP expires...

MapleStory What to do after 2x EXP expires...

Please vote specifically to what would suit me the best, not because you just like the class
    Well, my 2x EXP card expires on 7.28.07. This leaves me with 8 more 2x exp's until then.

I probably wont be able to get to 70 on my spearman but i think i can get close. Anyway, I want to know what character I should make after 2x exp?

Hunter:

I've pretty much been fascinated with Hunters/Rangers. They really interest me a lot. Pokgai was a major influence here. I always liked their speed and strafe capabilities. I've tried my friends lv 41 Hunter...though he maxed Arrow Bomb first and not mastery, it was rather fun. I could buy his acct...but hes hacked on it before...in ver. 0.36 so i really don't know. I've never became a hunter and i think it could be fun, yet hard. Though i have made a lv 14 archer in Khaini.

Crossbwoman:

I've made a lv 16 x-bowman. I would say it was rather boring. Bow's seemed a lot more fun and quick. Though xbow's apparently are better in 3rd job. It's a tough call

Assassins:

Assassins...aka sins...I've had a LOT of experience with them. They pose major drawbacks for me, a lot of money to make one and money i don't have, seeing as i have less than 1m at the moment. Even if i sell my 9 dragons, 2mill goes to josh since he lent me the money. If i wanted to go sin, i'd have to quit my spearman, which i'm NOT willing to do. Basically, they're a lot of money for me...and i dont have enough to support one unless i use crappy stars.

Mages:
    Clerics: I've been a cleric...fairly fun but not that fun...nothing new...i have a lv 27 cleric to be on another acc....(didn't mean for that to rhyme). I used to have a lv 55 cleric...they're inexpensive and good money...a possiblity?

F/P Wiz/Mage: My first mage class and first class i ever advanced in into 2nd and 3rd job adv. Recently my lv 71 was hacked and i locked the acct...my old post-beta creation account has pw issues...and wont work correctly -_-. I also don't know the pin...they were boring at 7x...but thats cuz i trained my ass off to get form 69 to 70 in 24 hours STRAIGHT!
    I/L wiz/mage: Never been one of these...tried one...didn't find it too fun...again a possiblity

Of course i could buy my friends acct for 1-2m which contains an f/p mage, spearman, and an archer....but that would cost a lot plus he used to hack in ver. 0.36 so not a great idea. He only hacked when he was above 50% sometimes...idk...

Hope you guys can help!

Beginner

If you still have lot of 2x exp, and love to level really really fast, try Ice/lit mage cause they design for multi mob killing.

Assassins is expensive, but seem like you have lot of money to buy gachapon to make a lot of money. XD

Cleric use like one-two spell thoughout their life so is really boring on that part, but save money and you can get in pt easy.

Archer class only amazing when they are 4th job, other time they are average. (various fact from archer subforum, not my conclusion)

Forget about your friend account with hacked history.....make your own is more fun!

Note: All mage leveling hell is start at 70-->until new skill maxed, then they level like crazy.

No...actually i dont have a lot of money to use on gach...rarely used gach.

Banned

Make a cleric to become rich =P

Well what are you looking for in this character? Do you want to be Strong, want to kill bosses, want to make money, want to party with people, or just have fun? I really don't know what your looking for in this character, and might be able to help more if you told us a little bit more.

I appreciate the amount of effort you put into asking this, but in all honesty you're just saying "What should I play", and asking that question is usually a really bad idea.

For one thing, classes differ drastically from each other in playing style, and those styles often don't completely manifest until some time in 2nd job. Since it takes so long to level, playing a class *you* enjoy -as opposed to one that someone told you would be good later on or whatever- is pretty much a neccessity if you want it to last longer than the first 15 levels or so. Figuring that out requires alot more than just asking people what they think you should do. For example, it's great that Clerics make money more than other classes, but if you don't like playing a Magician it won't matter how much you want those mesos because you're likely to never make it far enough to get them.

For another, and maybe it's just me, I find your whole "Vote for a class specifically suited to my needs, not what you like. Make my decisions for me." to be ridiculous. To be frank, I'll be damned if that doesn't sound like something a spoiled brat would say. What are we supposed to make our judgements on if not what we like, and how and why are random strangers supposed to know what suits you? From your descriptions of the classes it doesn't at all sound like you're new to the game or its options, so you can't even use inexperience as an excuse. It may be that your motives are purely altruistic and I'm taking this entirely the wrong way, but seriously this seems to be a pointless thread.

The best way -and really the only way- to find out if a class suits you? You already know it, because you did it with that level 16 crossbowman: make one and toy around with it.

Quote Originally Posted by l337ronin726 View Post
    Oh, and if you get attacked by a tiger, you may survive. As long as the tiger doesn't do anything fatal to you.
    TsuruchiJin: level 70 and Sniper advancement - September 29, 2007

Beginner

cleric is good...can save much money..and easy train...lol..but i prefer thief, because i think will be more fun..so i prepare to creat a thief..lol..it's depending on u...just follow ur felling
    wat the hell? don't bother me...lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Pell View Post
    The best way -and really the only way- to find out if a class suits you? You already know it, because you did it with that level 16 crossbowman: make one and toy around with it.
    This couldn't be more true.
    I started Mapling only a short while back (about a week) and started with a Warrior.
    Nice to start with, but it didn't feel like my thing after level 20.
    The logical reaction was making a new character, this time a Thief.
    I love the looks and style of the thief, however they are too costly for me at this point in time.
    Conclusion: project on hold.
    Now, I'm playing a Magician and I must say - it's the best fun I had thusfar.

My point is simply to show that Pell's words have merit - lots.
    Dont ask others what YOU should play, but ask yourself.
    And if you can't figure it out, fool around and then take your pick.

Just my 2 Eurocents. :D
    Back from '07!!

Why make another character? Unless your gonna switch servers to be with friends just keep your DK.. It will be alot funner to get high level to boss and stuff like that.. well thats just my opinion on it.

If you are doing it because you think it takes a long time to train, you are digging yourself into a deeper hole because when you get 7x with other character you'll be in same situation. Stay determined and you will persevere. I have thought of quiting my spearman many times but the reward of keeping at it is better.

And a side note you have had it easy with 2exp.. I am a non NXer so training for me hasn't always been easy and have spent many long hour at FoG and will continue to do so.

I have to agree with Pell. You're decision is all about what you want, what you feel comfortable with, what you think you'll have fun with. We could all vote for you to try Cleric, and you will, and hate every moment of it.

I don't suggest playing on a Hunter or a Crossbowman. Since you seem used to 2x exp, you'll be pulling your hair out without it on an Archer.

If you pick Magician, your 2nd job choices vary greatly. Fire/Poison have that huge Fire Arrow damage, and the training is actually pretty easy, but can get tedious.

Ice/Lightning are probably the most fun, but I hear they are hard to level around 3x.

Clerics are rich, but god, they can get so boring.

Assassins are strong, have good attacks, easy to train, etc etc. They're all around perfect, but so damn common. I like to mix it up a bit with my characters, try the abnormal classes and 2nd jobs that no one picks.