Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lexy's look at capping DEX [long]

i used to have 90 base dex (lol) now i have 56, im still looking to lower once i get the NX cash Dx

Phantom Watch

Quote Originally Posted by OreoWaffles View Post
    So yeah, just some minor changes. If you are saying to get the 5 Dex 10 Accuracy Glove then add the +10 Accuracy. Anyways if I'm wrong don't Dragon Roar me to death.:)
    You're wrong.
    You added the ACC part wrong, but the DEX part is right!

My dragon roar is only level 1 anyway. :P

Added your own DEX strategies, revamped OreoWaffles's part-thingy.

Not much. :(

Beginner

I have some questions to ask about for all those masters of the knowledge of Dex. I'm getting quite confused here:confused:

1. If you said each Dex point gives 0.8 accuracy, is the 0.8 accuracy rounded up or do we times each Dex by 0.8 to get the full Acc?

(Example one to the question above: 5 Dex = 5 Acc)

(Example two to the same question above: 5 Dex = 4 Acc)

2. If the second part of the choice answer is correct, would the decimal part of the Dex be rounded down, rounded up, or stacked?

(Example one to the question above: 6 Dex = 4.8 Acc <-- would it be rounded up to 5 Acc?)

(Example two to the same question above: 8 Dex = 6.4 Acc <-- would it be rounded down to 6 Acc?)

(Example three to the same question above: 8 Dex (6.4 Acc) + 7 Dex (5.6 Acc) = 12 Acc?)

Based on the low Dex 30-50 Dex section, it seems like you made each Dex = 1 Acc since 18 Dex + 15 Acc = 33 Acc.

3. Not really relating to the other questions but do other stats raise accuracy for weapons not spells, unless the stat that raises spell accuracy actually helps with the weapon accuracy?

Eh, if you don't understand what I'm trying to say it's alright. I'm trying to find the best way to try to explain these questions.:rolleyes:

Phantom Watch

I have some questions to ask about for all those masters of the knowledge of Dex. I'm getting quite confused here:confused:

1. If you said each Dex point gives 0.8 accuracy, is the 0.8 accuracy rounded up or do we times each Dex by 0.8 to get the full Acc?

(Example one to the question above: 5 Dex = 5 Acc)

(Example two to the same question above: 5 Dex = 4 Acc)

2. If the second part of the choice answer is correct, would the decimal part of the Dex be rounded down, rounded up, or stacked?

(Example one to the question above: 6 Dex = 4.8 Acc <-- would it be rounded up to 5 Acc?)

(Example two to the same question above: 8 Dex = 6.4 Acc <-- would it be rounded down to 6 Acc?)

(Example three to the same question above: 8 Dex (6.4 Acc) + 7 Dex (5.6 Acc) = 12 Acc?)

Based on the low Dex 30-50 Dex section, it seems like you made each Dex = 1 Acc since 18 Dex + 15 Acc = 33 Acc.

3. Not really relating to the other questions but do other stats raise accuracy for weapons not spells, unless the stat that raises spell accuracy actually helps with the weapon accuracy?

Eh, if you don't understand what I'm trying to say it's alright. I'm trying to find the best way to try to explain these questions.:rolleyes:
    I can't explain.
    Meaning, I have no clue whatsoever.
    Or maybe I do.

1. and 2.
    I did some tests, and I got that 1 dex = 1 ACC for all my equips.
    Odd.

Perhaps the ratio goes up if you're higher level?
    Probably not, but...

1 dex shoes add 1 ACC
    1 x 0.8 = 0.8
    1 > 0.8
    Possibly rounded.

3 dex top adds 3 ACC
    3 x 0.8 = 2.4
    3 > 2.4
    Okay, nevermind.

16 dex/20 ACC/15 Luk Zhelm adds 41 ACC
    41 total acc - 20 acc - 7.5 acc from luk [0.5 acc per luk] = 13.5 acc from dex
    16 x 0.8 = 12.8 acc
    13.5 > 12.8
    How'd it round up by 0.7, to 13.5 nonetheless?

If you mean Mage spells, they have their own acc stuff that I don't know anything about.

Beginner

All I wanted to know for the third question was if any other stats effected accuracy so thanks for that and the answering parts.:)

Hmm well I got myself some Dex equips yesterday and this is what I got as a result.

Equips I used are a +6 Dex White Kendo robe, +3 Dex +5 Acc White Work Glove as my Dex equips so far.

I then have Dex as 39 (30+9) with Accuracy at 38. So your 1 Dex = 1 Acc thing doesn't really work.

39 x 0.8 = 31.2
    31.2 + 5 (Acc from the wg) = 36.2
    36.2 + 2 (Acc from 4 Luk) = 38.2

You probably have to take your Dex and/or Luk into consideration if you are testing an equipment.

From your tested equipment, you probably have your Dex and/or Luk at least XX.7 Accuracy, that might be the reason why your Zhelm added another 0.7 Accuracy.

So in the end, each Dex point would equal 0.8 Accuracy.

I was wondering, when do warriors have the hardest time hitting things. I was just wondering at about what level, because my fighter at level 37 hasn't had any problems as of yet.

Phantom Watch

All I wanted to know for the third question was if any other stats effected accuracy so thanks for that and the answering parts.:)

Hmm well I got myself some Dex equips yesterday and this is what I got as a result.

Equips I used are a +6 Dex White Kendo robe, +3 Dex +5 Acc White Work Glove as my Dex equips so far.

I then have Dex as 39 (30+9) with Accuracy at 38. So your 1 Dex = 1 Acc thing doesn't really work.

39 x 0.8 = 31.2
    31.2 + 5 (Acc from the wg) = 36.2
    36.2 + 2 (Acc from 4 Luk) = 38.2

You probably have to take your Dex and/or Luk into consideration if you are testing an equipment.

From your tested equipment, you probably have your Dex and/or Luk at least XX.7 Accuracy, that might be the reason why your Zhelm added another 0.7 Accuracy.

So in the end, each Dex point would equal 0.8 Accuracy.
    Um, my base LUK/DEX may explain my equips, but...

It still doesn't explain this:
    81 base DEX + 4 base LUK = 68 ACC
    (81 x 0.8) + (4 x 0.5) = 64.8 + 2 = 66.8
    So I SHOULD have 66.8 ACC, but I actually have 68 ACC when all my armor is off.

Quote Originally Posted by Arn_Zein View Post
    I was wondering, when do warriors have the hardest time hitting things. I was just wondering at about what level, because my fighter at level 37 hasn't had any problems as of yet.
    Hmmn, missing things came to be when I hit 45 and started to LPQ. Alishar = miss 24/7.

I dunno.

Probably, there won't be much ACC issues in training until level 6x to 7x.

Beginner

Yeah that is weird:confused:

Sorry but I have to ask one more question (maybe more after that but just one question for now :p).

How do you know when you hit 100% of the time on a monster? Do you just guess and check or is there a formula?

I just want to know how much Dex to get to hit a monster 100% or like 90% because being overly Dexed is bad, well that is what my friends say.

Or I'll ask two questions in this post.:D

Phantom Watch

Yeah that is weird:confused:

Sorry but I have to ask one more question (maybe more after that but just one question for now :p).

How do you know when you hit 100% of the time on a monster? Do you just guess and check or is there a formula?

I just want to know how much Dex to get to hit a monster 100% or like 90% because being overly Dexed is bad, well that is what my friends say.

Or I'll ask two questions in this post.:D
    For eons, Maplers have had in their minds two questions...

Even Grendel the Dead, I mean Really Old, didn't know the answer...

"WTF Y I NO HIT MONSTER?"

There's no true MapleStory Accuracy Formula.

But this--->http://glue.umd.edu/~mdevries/acc.html

is the closest thing you can possibly get.
    It has a percent error of less than 10%, I checked.

[hmmn, I'll add that to the main guide. xD]

Default Quick Question

Great guide, I'll live religiously by it!

But what exactly is Base DEX?