Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starcraft II

Hybrid View

Icon2 Starcraft II

I find it odd that there is no official Starcraft II thread here. All I found was the Starcraft thread and the Starcraft 2 beta thread (there is no beta so don't bother) when I searched. So, I decided to make it for discussion about everything Starcraft II.

Earlier today at Blizzcon, it was announced that SC2 will be a trilogy. There will be three games released (1 main game and 2 expansions), each with their own full standalone single player campaign. Each campaign/game will revolve around one race. Each of the campaigns will tell a different side of the story ending with the same conclusion. The games will be as follows:
    • Wings of Liberty - Terrans
    • Heart of the Swarm - Zerg
    • Legacy of the Void - Protoss

This will allow Blizzard to release the first game sooner and make everything more fleshed out. It also increases the potential for more units and gameplay mechanics. The downside is that it will be more money from us.

I'm satisfied with the choice Blizzard made. It allows the game to get to us faster (excluding balancing time), and we get more of it. I, for one, can never have too much Starcraft.

Official Starcraft 2 website: http://starcraft2.com/
    Add me on Steam
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenOfTheDesert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    how the hell did this topic make it to two pages?
    its cuz yur smexy and everybody <3 u channing tatum look-a-like u.

Starcraft's really fun, but recently I've been playing more Warcraft - prefer more special abilities, heroes, etc.

But Starcraft II is looking really nice - although I've never really been a Terran fan, I like the look and feel of them in SC2. But it seems like marines are so underpowered now - it takes a horde of at least 24 to make even a tiny impact now.

Fastest. Most Powerful. Most Efficient. The New Standard. OPERA.

I haven't played a good RTS in ages, last one I played was Company of Heroes, though I haven't tried World in Conflict yet, when I can run it now.

I haven't followed SC2 a lot recently, heck I only know about the basic Terran and Protoss units, I need to get up-to-date. I wish they'd just give us a release date :(

Hopefully they will give us a release date soon. Since they decided to split the game into three we should be getting it a lot faster. Although, there is probably a lot balancing that still needs to be done.
    Add me on Steam

Icon2

woot starcraft 2 this is going to be interesting
    i wonder if terran will still get thors

Yeah, well iff (For those non math nerds, that means "if and only if") SC2 comes out, it'll probably be after I get a laptop that can actually run it.
    (And I'll probably be able to afford it too.)

bolt202/veil225/feint200

I find it odd that there is no official Starcraft II thread here. All I found was the Starcraft thread and the Starcraft 2 beta thread (there is no beta so don't bother) when I searched. So, I decided to make it for discussion about everything Starcraft II.

Earlier today at Blizzcon, it was announced that SC2 will be a trilogy. There will be three games released (1 main game and 2 expansions), each with their own full standalone single player campaign. Each campaign/game will revolve around one race. Each of the campaigns will tell a different side of the story ending with the same conclusion. The games will be as follows:
    • Wings of Liberty - Terrans
    • Heart of the Swarm - Zerg
    • Legacy of the Void - Protoss

This will allow Blizzard to release the first game sooner and make everything more fleshed out. It also increases the potential for more units and gameplay mechanics. The downside is that it will be more money from us.

I'm satisfied with the choice Blizzard made. It allows the game to get to us faster (excluding balancing time), and we get more of it. I, for one, can never have too much Starcraft.

Official Starcraft 2 website: http://starcraft2.com/
    i played starcraft before, it was crazy addicting now i forgot how to play :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulyana View Post
    Frogs own.
    STEAM: iWeezy

They are releasing it in 3 different sets. I say more StarCraft=the better.

Unless they are releasing content of one game in to 3 sets and charging the fans even more.

Then we riot.

Decide Starcraft 2's Dark Templar Unit

Starcraft2.com servers are dead right now but it should be back up soon.

It's up: Direct Link
    Add me on Steam

I got to play it at blizzcon. It is a huge upgrade in many ways from starcraft one but not in a way that will throw off veteran players. OMG I CANT WAIT!
    Spoiler!