Page 1 of 66 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Starcraft II

Icon2 Starcraft II

I find it odd that there is no official Starcraft II thread here. All I found was the Starcraft thread and the Starcraft 2 beta thread (there is no beta so don't bother) when I searched. So, I decided to make it for discussion about everything Starcraft II.

Earlier today at Blizzcon, it was announced that SC2 will be a trilogy. There will be three games released (1 main game and 2 expansions), each with their own full standalone single player campaign. Each campaign/game will revolve around one race. Each of the campaigns will tell a different side of the story ending with the same conclusion. The games will be as follows:
    • Wings of Liberty - Terrans
    • Heart of the Swarm - Zerg
    • Legacy of the Void - Protoss

This will allow Blizzard to release the first game sooner and make everything more fleshed out. It also increases the potential for more units and gameplay mechanics. The downside is that it will be more money from us.

I'm satisfied with the choice Blizzard made. It allows the game to get to us faster (excluding balancing time), and we get more of it. I, for one, can never have too much Starcraft.

Official Starcraft 2 website: http://starcraft2.com/
    Add me on Steam
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenOfTheDesert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    how the hell did this topic make it to two pages?
    its cuz yur smexy and everybody <3 u channing tatum look-a-like u.

Starcraft's really fun, but recently I've been playing more Warcraft - prefer more special abilities, heroes, etc.

But Starcraft II is looking really nice - although I've never really been a Terran fan, I like the look and feel of them in SC2. But it seems like marines are so underpowered now - it takes a horde of at least 24 to make even a tiny impact now.

Fastest. Most Powerful. Most Efficient. The New Standard. OPERA.

I haven't played a good RTS in ages, last one I played was Company of Heroes, though I haven't tried World in Conflict yet, when I can run it now.

I haven't followed SC2 a lot recently, heck I only know about the basic Terran and Protoss units, I need to get up-to-date. I wish they'd just give us a release date :(

Hopefully they will give us a release date soon. Since they decided to split the game into three we should be getting it a lot faster. Although, there is probably a lot balancing that still needs to be done.
    Add me on Steam

Icon2

woot starcraft 2 this is going to be interesting
    i wonder if terran will still get thors

Yeah, well iff (For those non math nerds, that means "if and only if") SC2 comes out, it'll probably be after I get a laptop that can actually run it.
    (And I'll probably be able to afford it too.)

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Somewhat new info/clarifications on the trilogy:
    What is the StarCraft II Trilogy?
    The StarCraft II Trilogy consists of the base StarCraft II game and two subsequent expansion sets. StarCraft II is subtitled Wings of Liberty (working title) and will include a lengthy single-player campaign that focuses on the terrans and puts players in the role of Jim Raynor, one of the series’ main heroes. The first expansion set, Heart of the Swarm (working title), will follow later and include a single-player campaign focusing on the zerg and Kerrigan, Queen of Blades. The second expansion set, Legacy of the Void (working title), will continue the story experience with a single-player campaign centered on the protoss.

Will we still be able to play multiplayer matches of StarCraft II with all three races?

Yes! From the beginning, StarCraft II will be a fully featured multiplayer game, and all three races will be available for competitive play.

How will the expansion sets impact multiplayer gameplay?
    The expansion sets will add new content to each race for use in multiplayer matches. This could include additions such as new units, abilities, and structures, along with new maps and Battle.net updates.

If I buy StarCraft II but don’t buy any of the expansion sets, will I still be able to play online?
    Yes. This will work similarly to Warcraft III and the original StarCraft, which maintained separate online gaming lobbies and ladders for expansion set players and players with the base Warcraft III or StarCraft.

How long is each of the campaigns?
    StarCraft II’s terran campaign will consist of approximately 26 to 30 missions, and each expansion set will include a similar number of missions. This means that the complete StarCraft II Trilogy will include as many as 90 single-player missions. This allows us to create a truly epic story experience with a great variety of unique missions and gameplay types.

Why did you decide to release each race’s campaign separately?

We’re aiming to push the boundaries of storytelling and character development in RTS games through the unique single-player campaign design of StarCraft II. Players will be able to choose their mission path and technology upgrades for their army as they advance through the campaign. In order to make these choices meaningful while creating an epic story and well-developed characters for each faction, we needed to focus on a single race for a large number of missions.
    The Trilogy also allows us to create more in-game and prerendered cinematics to tell the story in between missions. There will be more interactive sets and elements for players to explore during each campaign, along with other interesting design elements to differentiate the single-player game from multiplayer matches. For example, the technology choices within the terran single-player campaign will include special upgrades and unit types that are unique to the single-player game. These could include the ability to purchase classic units such as the wraith or firebat to add to Jim Raynor’s army.

Are these three separate games? How much will all of these games cost?

The StarCraft II Trilogy will consist of the base StarCraft II game and two expansion sets. Pricing on these games hasn’t been determined at this early stage; however, we’ve always charged an appropriate price for the content the player receives, and we will continue to release high-quality games that offer great value.

How long will it take to ship each expansion set in the Trilogy?

We’re still focused on developing the base StarCraft II game, and all the content associated with the terran campaign, including the missions, cinematic cutscenes, and interactive sets. It’s too early to provide an estimate on how long it will take to develop each of the expansion sets in the trilogy, but as always, we will take as much time as is needed to create the best possible gaming experience with each expansion set.
    http://forums.battle.net/thread.html...42562&sid=3000
    Add me on Steam

I find it odd that there is no official Starcraft II thread here. All I found was the Starcraft thread and the Starcraft 2 beta thread (there is no beta so don't bother) when I searched. So, I decided to make it for discussion about everything Starcraft II.

Earlier today at Blizzcon, it was announced that SC2 will be a trilogy. There will be three games released (1 main game and 2 expansions), each with their own full standalone single player campaign. Each campaign/game will revolve around one race. Each of the campaigns will tell a different side of the story ending with the same conclusion. The games will be as follows:
    • Wings of Liberty - Terrans
    • Heart of the Swarm - Zerg
    • Legacy of the Void - Protoss

This will allow Blizzard to release the first game sooner and make everything more fleshed out. It also increases the potential for more units and gameplay mechanics. The downside is that it will be more money from us.

I'm satisfied with the choice Blizzard made. It allows the game to get to us faster (excluding balancing time), and we get more of it. I, for one, can never have too much Starcraft.

Official Starcraft 2 website: http://starcraft2.com/
    i played starcraft before, it was crazy addicting now i forgot how to play :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulyana View Post
    Frogs own.
    STEAM: iWeezy

They are releasing it in 3 different sets. I say more StarCraft=the better.

Unless they are releasing content of one game in to 3 sets and charging the fans even more.

Then we riot.

Decide Starcraft 2's Dark Templar Unit

Starcraft2.com servers are dead right now but it should be back up soon.

It's up: Direct Link
    Add me on Steam