Page 427 of 568 FirstFirst ... 327377417425426427428429437477527 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,270 of 5675

Thread: NEW Anime thread

Phantom Watch

I really loved Railgun (for obvious reasons), and I think Index II is on par with the first season. There are definitely more ecchi scenes this season, but watching Accelerator rip a building from the ground and ram it into another just makes my day. Rie Kugimiya may have lent her screechy voice to a semi-major character, but listening to Norio Wakamoto as the evil priest dude makes up for it.

IMO, the main flaw of Index is Touma himself. He really doesn't do anything because his power doesn't let him do anything. He just makes a speech here and there and then punches people in the face for a one-hit K.O. That's why Accelerator as a protagonist appeals so much more to me. At the very least, he has more depth and a cool ability.

It's funny how they make him fight a Level 0, though.
    Last edited by NegiWarrior; 16th March 2011 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkner View Post
    It's picking out who did/didn't make it. a lot seemed to have made it.

i think it'd be an easier list if they posted who didn't make it. anyone know?

also everything's in the form of peoples names. can i get something in the form of current and planned anime series, and how each is effect?

as for Index, I find season 2 to be on par with season 1. They only thing i wish is that Touma finds a way to gain a new power or strengthen his power to be more versatile and do other stuff. Like negi said, this is how i actually explained to my friends what the main character does in fights...
    1)make the enemy's power useless
    2)take a bunch of hits
    3)punch them in the face once and win

like what the hell? thats what pisses me off. he can be hit a dozen of times but his enemys get KO'd in one punch to the face? seriously? i wish he made some power, like neutralize the enemy's power with the right hand and then reverse/copy the enemies power with his left. now that might be something.

Railgun was obviousl just an echii, but whatever.
    ToumaXMisaka for life!

Phantom Watch

I think that list was first started as a google doc a couple of days ago. It was getting passed around twitter for a while.
    It's too soon to say if any VAs, mangaka, etc. didn't make it. afaik, there isn't a list like that out there yet. Still, good to see that so many people are doing well!

On Index II and Touma: I don't understand why it's just the right hand. That kind of setup is just asking for a new power to be implemented in the left hand, but it hasn't happened yet. And how did he get so good at fighting anyway? He's just a normal student, so how come his punches can knock people across a room?

Quote Originally Posted by negiwarrior View Post
    i think that list was first started as a google doc a couple of days ago. It was getting passed around twitter for a while.
    It's too soon to say if any vas, mangaka, etc. Didn't make it. Afaik, there isn't a list like that out there yet. Still, good to see that so many people are doing well!

On index ii and touma: I don't understand why it's just the right hand. That kind of setup is just asking for a new power to be implemented in the left hand, but it hasn't happened yet. And how did he get so good at fighting anyway? He's just a normal student, so how come his punches can knock people across a room?
    punch em in the face! Punch em in the face! Pa-pa-punch em in the face!

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

Dengeki Daisy Chapter 1 and Chapter 2
    Wow. This actually interests me. I'll be taking this manga up.
    Well isn't that interesting?
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by NegiWarrior View Post
    I really loved Railgun (for obvious reasons), and I think Index II is on par with the first season. There are definitely more ecchi scenes this season, but watching Accelerator rip a building from the ground and ram it into another just makes my day. Rie Kugimiya may have lent her screechy voice to a semi-major character, but listening to Norio Wakamoto as the evil priest dude makes up for it.

IMO, the main flaw of Index is Touma himself. He really doesn't do anything because his power doesn't let him do anything. He just makes a speech here and there and then punches people in the face for a one-hit K.O. That's why Accelerator as a protagonist appeals so much more to me. At the very least, he has more depth and a cool ability.

It's funny how they make him fight a Level 0, though.
    I like Touma and Accelerator (Accelerator more so), and the fact that Touma has little power is actually pretty cool and has a meaning to it. In Railgun and Index 2 they pretty much say "screw that ****" and unload on the fanservice. You can rarely go though a serious moment with Touma without him walking in on [insert female character here] or accidentally witnessing it. I don't have a problem so much with it happening since I loved Index 1, but I do with the amount and how they made plot secondary.

So much for A Certain Magicial Index II. I was expecting more shonen action.
    I'm Retired.

Phantom Watch

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRider View Post
    I like Touma and Accelerator (Accelerator more so), and the fact that Touma has little power is actually pretty cool and has a meaning to it. In Railgun and Index 2 they pretty much say "screw that ****" and unload on the fanservice. You can rarely go though a serious moment with Touma without him walking in on [insert female character here] or accidentally witnessing it. I don't have a problem so much with it happening since I loved Index 1, but I do with the amount and how they made plot secondary.
    That's true, but when has Index ever had a good plot? :(

Quote Originally Posted by Tharticus View Post
    So much for A Certain Magicial Index II. I was expecting more shonen action.
    I stopped expecting that a long time ago. Index I had very little shounen action to begin with (unless you count the power of words, then we've got a couple of action-packed shows).

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

Dengeki Daisy Ch15
    I really like how the plot's progressed right now. They managed to sneak in some unexpectedly exciting, even shonen-ish, moments into this manga. Really liking this series right now.
    Well isn't that interesting?
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

Also railgun was worth watching for Kuruko's voice