Page 501 of 568 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502503511551 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 5675

Thread: NEW Anime thread

Beginner

So I just marathon'd puella magi madoka, and it being the first anime I've watched in quite a long time(I believe the last one I've seen was P&S, and that was only because of all the hype it got), I really enjoyed it; and I'm possibly ready to start watching more, but I don't really know where to start.

Since I'm too afraid to go to /a/(and with all the DDoS attacks 4chan has been getting anyway, it'd be pretty rough to find a time to ask), and since I don't really want to sign up for a forum that I'm only probably going to ask one thing on, it'd be my best bet to ask around on forums that I used to go to.

Basically, I really enjoyed madoka, and was wondering if there were more animes similar to it--it doesn't need to be a recent one or anything, but I'm sure there's something out there like that.

If you like how it is presented by Gen Urbrochi, watch some of his works.
    Preferably Steins;Gate or a deconstruction of the mecha genre, Neon Genesis Evangelion.
    I'm Retired.

stop trying

Quote Originally Posted by /jp/ View Post
    So I just marathon'd puella magi madoka, and it being the first anime I've watched in quite a long time(I believe the last one I've seen was P&S, and that was only because of all the hype it got), I really enjoyed it; and I'm possibly ready to start watching more, but I don't really know where to start.

Since I'm too afraid to go to /a/(and with all the DDoS attacks 4chan has been getting anyway, it'd be pretty rough to find a time to ask), and since I don't really want to sign up for a forum that I'm only probably going to ask one thing on, it'd be my best bet to ask around on forums that I used to go to.

Basically, I really enjoyed madoka, and was wondering if there were more animes similar to it--it doesn't need to be a recent one or anything, but I'm sure there's something out there like that.
    Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha if you want another magical girl series.
    The Tatami Galaxy if you want an unconventional art direction.
    School Days if you want more grimdark 'deconstruction.'

There's nothing quite like it if you want all three in one package.

Quote Originally Posted by KittySamurai View Post
    Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha if you want another magical girl series.
    The Tatami Galaxy if you want an unconventional art direction.
    School Days if you want more grimdark 'deconstruction.'

There's nothing quite like it if you want all three in one package.
    Thought you hated school days.
    I'd go Steins Gate for grim, but I'm haven't watched Madoka so I'm not sure what that entails to.

stop trying

It was an absolutely perfect setup. Making it a traditional boring romance show and spinning it into *that* was just great. It WAS frustrating and I was so pissed off for days, but I loved how pissed off it made me if that makes sense. I was surprised a cartoon could fuel this much rage.
    what i said about School Day on ichi

im still kinda mad

Shakugan no Shana III Ep. 7
    Spoiler!

So much better than the last 2 seasons

Guilty Crown is pretty bad. Weak, inconsistent characters with plot with no direction
    I still have a bit of hope for Horizon...
    Last edited by nanop44; 19th November 2011 at 08:29 AM.
    噢如果超人会飞
    那就让我在空中停一停歇
    再次俯瞰这个世界
    会让我觉得好一些

哦拯救地球好累
    虽然有些疲惫但我还是会
    不要问我哭过了没
    因为超人不能有眼泪

Still trying to go through all of the DBZ movies since I missed out on that as a kid.
    So I watched the 10th Dragon ball Z movie. It's the sequel to the 1st Broly movie which I thought was one of the best. All in all, the 2nd coming of Broly was pure ****. Oh god why did I watch that.

Quote Originally Posted by KittySamurai View Post
    what i said about School Day on ichi

im still kinda mad
    '-'

i was much too lazy to watch it, so i just read the episode summaries for madoka
    i should've watched it.
    but i didn't have enough time.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Bakuman 156
    噢如果超人会飞
    那就让我在空中停一停歇
    再次俯瞰这个世界
    会让我觉得好一些

哦拯救地球好累
    虽然有些疲惫但我还是会
    不要问我哭过了没
    因为超人不能有眼泪

Really enjoying Akagi. Probably because I play mahjong with my relatives frequently.
    I'm Retired.