Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Battle Online

Quote Originally Posted by Neothisis View Post
    You're pissed it's a 2% chance?
    It's less than 0.01% on the Korean version, so be happy.
    So then should we start hoarding digimons now? My digimon list has one left and i don't want to waste it on some digimon i won't use
    Quote Originally Posted by Neothisis View Post
    rasu, if that's a Digimon in your sig, it looks SWEET.
    Yeah, it's Slashangemon (Guardiangemon in english)

also, Now i have Renamon, Patamon, Gabumon, and Agumon.
    by Cryopon

Ugggh, why do you guys ALWAYS do this.

Jesus, if we start on one server, STAY ON THAT SERVER. I'm not moving to Majira, screw you guys. What the hell would make you move!

With that said, I've now got 3 characters to level 21 and my 4th is close.

Renamon, Agumon, Gabumon, Elecmon
    Gabumon - 23/24
    Renamon - 22
    Agumon - 21
    Elecmon - 16/17 (will be 21 easily tomorrow)

I'm trying to get one of the specials ASAP, since the only ones currently that we can prepare for is Omnimon, I'm going for that. I'm not sure if he retains his level after changing over, but I'd assume so since they have to be the same level.

Anyone on Mihira (glorious master race server) feel free to buddy me

EDIT:
    A few tips:
    You can't get any altpath digimon, so if you wanted for example Bearmon, you can't get him. Those are caught by monsters in the Park area and can't be caught yet, they'll be implemented later. That's why you get "You cannot catch this digimon".
    Stats for digimon are important but it's hard to say what to up, depends on your playing style.
    Party as often as possible later on, but don't get too many people in a party past lvl 21 or you'll be fighting level 40s and still be getting kinda crappy exp.

EDIT2:
    You can find a good amount of info here, make sure to check it out: http://digimonrpg.info/DigiDex/DigiDex.html
    Last edited by pyrofyr; 19th March 2010 at 05:28 PM.
    Gone with the wind

lol Pyro, I said I was moving the first night itself, when most people were only 2-3 levels past Rookie.
    I will miss you though. =( </3 IGN please to add you on the list though. Same to you email.

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

Neo, by the time you moved I was already level 16 and had fire shot.

But I'm restarting in Majira anyway. Mihira was just too crowded.
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

(WARNING: LONG POST)
    Any news on when those new events for the alternate starters are gonna come out?
    Yeah I'm a little ticked about the whole "You cannot capture this digimon!" thing. I wanted a Minomon (Stingmon) or (whichever one becomes Kabuterimon)... and I'm still waiting for a Yaamon (That badass in my sig). I also tried to capture a Kuramon, thought it'd be nice to have that for the lulz.
    Also, I read somewhere in here that the cap % was 2% right? Am I just being influenced by Pokemon in my superstition that you have to weaken them severely to ensure a better cap %? (...though my Zurumon proved that wrong)
    so pyro's not coming to majira huh? and nothing of value was lost
    Also, current roster:
    Renamon - 17
    Agumon - 14
    Elecmon - 11
    Gabumon - 11

I've got a nice party of a summoner/crowd attacker/spammer (Renamon) with bruisers in three flavors (Agumon, Elecmon, Gabumon)
    From natural stat comparisons between two of my attack-types: Elecmon is more naturally balanced - It gains all stats balanced. My Gabumon on the other hand sacrifices a little CON for the same amount to be put into STR (is it STR? I forget). So basically between the two one has more natural attack but less VP for skill use, and the other has more VP for skill use but less natural attack. I would throw Agumon into the mix to see where it stands in stat raising, but currently it's a bit higher than the others for a natural comparison. I'm hoping pyro's link has some info on the damage formulas for the skills.
    Renamon - I've got an all-target hitting attack, HELL YEAH! It might be weak, but what to expect when you can hit every enemy digimon right? I can see the attack being a good multi-finisher if you set it up right.
    Does anybody have a Terriermon as their starter? I could only imagine the wait between attacks... *shudder*
    Last edited by Megadeus; 19th March 2010 at 09:01 PM.
    Well isn't that interesting?
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

Neo I was already past level 16 when you mentioned that, and I was not going to go a whole night behind to move over to another server, especially since 2 had popped up in a single night, and when I checked Antyla it was just as bad as Mihira, and from what I saw of Majira, it's almost as bad too.

It honestly doesn't matter since right now the game is still in very early beta, there isn't much further to go in the game (max monsters to fight are level 40 right now so there ain't much you can do).

What level are you Majira guys? I have an IRC room with like 8 people I play with regularly who are around my level (21~25), and all is fun. I could probably easily get back to 21 the second time with what I know now, but unless you guys play seriously it's pretty pointless.

@penguinz - Have you started yet? If not I might start with you

@Megadeus - the rate is not confirmed for 2%, and it's hard to tell. Weakening isn't known to help out, but might possible do so.

What stats did you add to all your guys? We have literally the same digimon so I'm suspicious, here's what I got going on:

Renamon - Mostly DEX, a but of STR (about 30~40; adding mostly STR at this point)
    Gabumon - Mostly STR, a bit of DEX (about 10)
    Elecmon - All STR
    Agumon - Mostly STR, about 6 DEX

I'm intrigued by CON/INT and might do STR/INT when restarting for the VP, having low VP is not fun, and Renamon has super low VP and despite all the DEX, if I put the points in INT I'd have double the Speed, more VP, and better DEF. At first I figured I'd be fast since I'm a 2,4,2,0, but having no points in INT is a big problem for speed, although I am very very fast it's just that I'm so goddamn weak, and if the points were in INT well it would be easier.

I'm restarting now on Majira, but I'm going to play more Mihira later when my friends get back in IRC (Just throwing this out there, we should start one).

I've looked at the stats and realized all starters suck, but then again there isn't a single digimon with something close to 3113 or 4004, which would be ideal IMO.

Here's whatI gather from looking at stats (gonna do this the right way this time)
    BattleLevel = Speed

Guilmon - 3221
    +4 Speed/Lvl
    +4 Attack/Lvl
    +3 Def/Lvl
    +2 HP/Lvl
    +1.5 VP/Lvl

Renamon - 2420
    +4 Speed/Lvl
    +4 Attack/Lvl
    +2 Def/Lvl
    +2 HP/Lvl
    +1 VP/Lvl

Terriermon - 3131
    +3 Speed/Lvl
    +3.5 Attack/Lvl
    +4 Def/Lvl
    +3 HP/Lvl
    +2 VP/Lvl

With everything said and done Guilmon is CLEARLY superior to Renamon in every way as he is not lacking any stat, but has +1 Def/Lvl and +.5 VP/Lvl.

Meaning the only real choice is between Guilmon and Terriermon which means a difference of Speed (in favor of Guilmon), Def, HP, and VP (in favor of Terriermon). At which point it becomes a pretty tough question.

I really am not a fan of any of their ending Digivolutions. They're all ***ass robots, but when it comes to their Special Digivolutions, I prefer Renamon's, so I'm inclined to go with Renamon despite the obvious inferiority. This time however since I already know that the natural speed is enough I'll go with pumping STR and adding a little bit of INT.

I have no idea what the attack modifiers are for different skills but I'd imagine that would be what would make the difference between Digimon and what would bring Renamon up to speed with the rest. Renamon has mob moves straight from Rookie stage. Terriermon eventually has more in Ultimate stage (both moves hitting 5 units), but they go back to 1 unit/5 unit in Mega for both of them.

I've started in Majira, my IGN is once again DatOneGuy (hey it let me use it! :P)
    Gone with the wind

Well yeah, I was 15/12/12 myself in Mihira when I moved.
    Also, I'm 26/23/23/21 right now Pyro, and I'm doing all STR for all 4. They're all offensive types anyways. >_>
    From what I read about the Korean Digimon, the capture rate wasn't affected by anything, it was always it's own solid constant.
    Also, B>Friendship+1 Crests for 30k, Hope+1 Crests for 25k, and Light+1 Crests for 20k.
    Last edited by Neothisis; 19th March 2010 at 11:36 PM.

That's a pretty cheapo price for those but heh.

I got 1 light crest, 2 hope crests, a digiegg and 2 shirts from a guy in exchange for a mudfrigimon card, because he NPC'd his and was stuck.

Good deal. ;]
    Gone with the wind

wtf, Lucky.
    And that's cheap? I don't know prices, how much would they be?

Iunno just seems 20k for all the trouble. But then again money is annoying to gain, so whatever you know...

I need Crest of Friendship, Love, and Light. I'm going to make Crest of Knowledge. I need several of each so I can make a Crest of Knowledge +4.

I'm willing to negotiate the prices despite not having much money since I just came over. So let me know what's up brosephs.
    Gone with the wind