Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexon Surveys

Default Nexon Surveys

For a person like me who doesn't usually have the money (or transportation) to go out and buy nx whenever I want to for something in the game (in this case, one of them Royal Face coupons), I take nexon surveys. Surveys go over pretty well for me when I pick the right ones, but there's one thing that really makes me tick.

3 out of every 4 surveys that I could take have some retarded "When you sign up, you automatically receive blah blah blah $400 and an iPod! blah blah blah.

The thing is, I put my best effort into choosing surveys that ask for reasonable amounts of information and don't try to lure me in with money or free stuff. I have a PHOBIA of someone calling the house or contacting my mother over surveys. So surveys where I would have to be contacted for something I won are automatically OUT. That cuts the amount of surveys I can take in half. It's really anti-productive. The survey distributors should know that people are taking the surveys for nx, not for real money (correct me if I'm wrong) and that the whole point of a survey is for the survey-taker's opinion.

It's really getting on my nerves.
    the noob sage
    curly stream[ ]
    sonara wave[ ]

surveys are stupid
    nexon probably gets paid like 10x the amount of nx they actually give you, in dollars.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Too cool for bot zapping Clockwork's Avatar

I can't seem to get the survey thing to work so I kinda gave up on the idea all together. I'm not particularly found of internet surveys anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
    I can't seem to get the survey thing to work so I kinda gave up on the idea all together. I'm not particularly found of internet surveys anyway.

Same. .

Which is why working somewhere else to gain income > Nexon's stupid surveys.

Even credit card points rewards are much better.

In exception, you can put up fake info and still call it a day.

However, there are some surveys that I got fed up and didn't receive the NX that I participated.
    Last edited by Tharticus; 4th June 2010 at 01:30 AM.
    I'm Retired.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

I always put it in terms of working minimum wage jobs. If I can earn $7.25 per hour or more, then i'll want to make at least half of that. So, if the survey gives me 4k nx for an hour of my time, I consider it worthwhile. However, if it gives me 2k nx for an hour, I don't bother. That's why I rarely sell leech. Who wants to be making $1.50 an hour?

Spoiler!

well if you can buy a pizza for 150m thats pretty gud innit

bolt202/veil225/feint200

StormBreaker

Surveys give Nexon more money than cards? What have I done...

Icon11

I have actually done several similar surveys for a different game (operation7 through netgame) and gained nearly 30k in game cash through it. Along the way I found some great sites that help you to both protect your identity and still give you enough information to complete most surveys.

first is a temporary email site that I like to use:
    http://www.guerrillamail.com/

That will get you a temporary email that you can give to those survey sites so your mailbox doesn't get spammed.

Next is a fake identity generator:
    http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/

This site will generate fake information for you to use. The thing's that won't work are the address, the email, the SSN, the credit card info, and the UPS number

Last is an addon for google chrome (it might also be for firefox, but idk)
    http://www.mywot.com/

This site has a database of sites and their ratings that is generated by people who have experience with the site in question. Most survey sites have ratings on WOT and most of them are bad. What I use this tool for is if I get to a survey site with horrible ratings, I make up ALL my information. If it's a survey site that has very high ratings (extremely rare but I've seen some) I'll use mostly fake information but I'll use stuff that's closer to reality (I also won't do downloads unless it's got a stellar WOT rating)

After about the 30th quiz, I also started picking up on what the general trend of the surveys were. There are 3 general categories:

1) The actual survey
    This one is extremely rare but I was fortunate enough to find a few of these. These surveys contain very few ads, are very easy to follow, have intelligent questions, finish within the time specified, and give you your nx in every instance of a legitimate finish.

2) The advertising junk
    These surveys ask you for some personal information, and that's about it. The questions in it seem utterly pointless, and as you go through you're pelted with ad after ad after ad. The thing to remember about these surveys are that every ad has a way to skip it. What messes a lot of people up is that there's a skip button in both the ad AND the survey site. You need to use the skip button on the survey site or you will probably be redirected to another survey with more advertisements and you'll never get your nx. The skip button is occasionally hidden in fine print, or moves to different locations on the page. You need to be aware and click the right skip button and answer only the things that are required to be answered. If you do this the survey should eventually end after a while and you have about a 80% chance of getting your nx.

There is a subcategory in this of surveys that are a never ending stream of ads. I've gotten through some only to be faced with a required advertisement. I had to fill out extra junk in order to proceed. These surveys will never finish. You can't tell the difference between these and the ones I mentioned previously until you get to the "fill out 1 of these silver offers" part. These are extremely annoying as you are never able to finish the survey and you waste like 20 minutes wading through advertisements and don't get anything out of it.

3) The information farm
    These survey sites ask you for a lot of the information other surveys ask for, but they don't have as many ads. Sometimes, all that's asked of you for this is to sign up and validate your email (sometimes you don't even need to validate email). These sites, if you read the legal junk, basically sell your information to the highest bidder. The surveys here are usually reliable in giving you nx, and most of them you can finish, but you send your information off to whoever the website sells it to. This is where the fake information comes in, because if you give them fake information that they count as valid, you will remain completely anonymous while you get your nx.

There are other types of surveys you'll run into, but that covers the bulk of them. Type 2 surveys are most common, and type 3 you'll find occasionally. I actually liked type 3 the best because I had a wealth of fake information to give out and I could get free money without losing anything of my own.

The hardest thing you'll have to deal with in taking these surveys is finding a bogus address that works. It took me a while to finally pin down an address that both did not exist but was valid in the survey sites sign up routine. I settled on a set of buildings that were slated for demolition or basically abandoned somewhere in the country and took addresses from there. You should NEVER use another person's address (i.e. don't go around your neighborhood and choose a random house) without their permission, and I did do research on the places I used and made sure they were completely unoccupied and would not receive occupation any time soon.

Some surveys will also only let you continue if you fall into a certain category of survey takers. These surveys you eventually get a sense for, and you learn what information they want to hear. Then you can lie and make yourself fall into a category you really don't fit in. This doesn't matter as most of the survey sites are fake anyway, and they make a survey just for show and to waste people's time. When you master this, several more surveys should be able to be completed and you can get nx for those.

It's a pain in the butt and you eventually run out of free offers that you can do (although some are repeatable daily, watch for those), but it'll probably give you a free 30k. In the game I did this for, I could use that to buy permanent weapons that were of higher level than I was (which is what I used it for and now I'm reasonably happy). You should find a good way to use the $ you get from the nx surveys because you don't get very much :P.
    Last edited by Dae314; 4th June 2010 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dae314 View Post
    You should NEVER use another person's address (i.e. don't go around your neighborhood and choose a random house) without their permission, and I did do research on the places I used and made sure they were completely unoccupied and would not receive occupation any time soon.
    I use public locations, like hotels/parks. :P Usually works.
    the noob sage
    curly stream[ ]
    sonara wave[ ]