Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible Stat builds?

Quote Originally Posted by StormBreaker View Post
    No. STR DBs are pointless since Blades require DEX.
    Yes, all stuff requires Dex, whether it's Daggers or armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    If you can equip a str dagger with your standard equips (i.e, Egged HTP, Zhelm, Medal, Face accessory, glasses, etc), it wouldn't hurt. However, that's only going to get you so far. Upgrade or scrolling for str is a waste of time unless you happen to have some insane perfect Str dagger or something.
    Why is that? I mean, the difference between a STR Dit and a LUK Dit isn't that much, maybe a couple of points one way or another. So, wouldn't that be the case for a STR DB?
    Quote Originally Posted by supalime View Post
    They require as much dex as both luk and str daggers though.
    That's exactly what I mean.
    When the world becomes too much I create my own.
    "So, there I was, about to beat the final boss and-" "Wow, she's hot." :turns: "Dude, that's my girlfriend."

StormBreaker

Why are you so eager to be a STR DB?

The only reasons I could think of are a) str daggers look more like kataras than luk daggers (which in my opinion makes DBs look less weird), and b) I thought someone said something about str bandits becoming better with the big bang patch. But I'm not the one making the character, so I guess we'll have to wait for LostZodiac's response.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Str Dits are more powerful because they equip str shiedls that give massive attack bonuses. Without (D) Khanjars, Str dits would be outdamaged by regular luk/dex dits.

Realistically, an end-game dagger needs to be at least level 100. Unless you already have a nearly perfect lvl 80/90, you should be scrolling at least lvl 100. The Gold Double Knife is a popular Str Dit dagger. It requires 70 Str.

Now, let's assume you are heavily funded.

Egged HTP (Dual Bladers can't wear MoNs): 22 Str
    Base Str: 4
    Glasses: 1 (it could be more, it could be none, but 1 is the most common)
    Helmet: 18 (let's say you got an above average helm)
    Medal: 2
    Face Accessory: 3
    If you had enough for an Egged HTP, you have enough for an Attack belt, so we won't count belts.

This comes to 50 total Str. You still need 20 more to equip a GDK. The GDK is only 2 weapon attack higher than a Blood Dagger, and they both have the same possible (99 attack). You gain virtually NOTHING from Str even equipping a low level end-game dagger. The reverse Killic is the same base attack as the reverse Pescas.

Unless you already have a nearly perfect Str dagger, don't bother scrolling for or upgrading Str. There are no real benefits.

Also, before anyone says this,

STR DOES NOT GIVE HP!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by supalime View Post
    The only reasons I could think of are a) str daggers look more like kataras than luk daggers (which in my opinion makes DBs look less weird), and b) I thought someone said something about str bandits becoming better with the big bang patch. But I'm not the one making the character, so I guess we'll have to wait for LostZodiac's response.
    That's part of why I was thinking about the STR DB, but it's kinda gotten where I want to just because everyone's against it so much. I know that's a stupid thing, but, hahaha, that's how the human brain works sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    Str Dits are more powerful because they equip str shiedls that give massive attack bonuses. Without (D) Khanjars, Str dits would be outdamaged by regular luk/dex dits.

Realistically, an end-game dagger needs to be at least level 100. Unless you already have a nearly perfect lvl 80/90, you should be scrolling at least lvl 100. The Gold Double Knife is a popular Str Dit dagger. It requires 70 Str.

Now, let's assume you are heavily funded.

Egged HTP (Dual Bladers can't wear MoNs): 22 Str
    Base Str: 4
    Glasses: 1 (it could be more, it could be none, but 1 is the most common)
    Helmet: 18 (let's say you got an above average helm)
    Medal: 2
    Face Accessory: 3
    If you had enough for an Egged HTP, you have enough for an Attack belt, so we won't count belts.

This comes to 50 total Str. You still need 20 more to equip a GDK. The GDK is only 2 weapon attack higher than a Blood Dagger, and they both have the same possible (99 attack). You gain virtually NOTHING from Str even equipping a low level end-game dagger. The reverse Killic is the same base attack as the reverse Pescas.

Unless you already have a nearly perfect Str dagger, don't bother scrolling for or upgrading Str. There are no real benefits.

Also, before anyone says this,

STR DOES NOT GIVE HP!
    OK, Thank you. :D That's the sort of response I was looking for when I asked about it.
    When the world becomes too much I create my own.
    "So, there I was, about to beat the final boss and-" "Wow, she's hot." :turns: "Dude, that's my girlfriend."

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Apparently, Dual Bladers CAN equip MoNs, so that just kills the idea of a Str DB even more. While a HTP will still be better with Potential Scrolls, getting an egged HTP and landing a potential is pretty risky and expensive. I guess if you get enough +% all stats, you may have enough Str to equip a Str dagger, but that would be pretty insane.

Nexon has officially said DBs cannot CKWpq, so the fact that they can may be a glitch or intentional (Nexon also hinted DBs may eventually CWK).

Spoiler!