Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird Yet Fortunate Happenings

Icon11 Weird Yet Fortunate Happenings

A story unfolded tonight of epic weirdness. As a lot of you already know I have quit and been off MS for several months and I've only logged on long enough to gift some people CS items with some of the left over nx on my account from when I was still playing. Nexon was also nice enough to provide me with a free 20k maple points during my time off maple story which I didn't find out about till long after it was awarded. After a few gifts my nx prepaid stash was around 19k when I last looked (with about 6k of it held for luna). Well I'm here to report more weird stuff regarding nx happened at some point that I do not know.

Prompted by an off hand comment in the chatbox about nx, I proceeded to check the nx balance on my account for no particular reason. What I found there was astonishing. My nx prepaid balance was a whopping 42k. I hadn't logged into my maplestory account OR my nexon account for at least a month. The last time I checked I was at about 19k nx which is what I approximate to be 25k nx less than what I'm at now. That value matches what would be on a card EXCEPT I haven't bought an nx card for over a year and I haven't even logged into that account for at least a month.

I'm not really sure what to make of this o.o'''. My initial reaction was to change the password on my account, but the fact that my character avatar wasn't stripped meant that hacker activity on maple was not the likely culprit. Also, the 25k was in nx prepaid not maple points to it also isn't likely to be another lucky break from nexon.

The best theory that I have is that someone from Combat Arms hacked into my nexon passport account and said "Oh look this guy's got some good stuff and stats I think I'll just take over". Said hacker then proceeded to make the account his on Combat Arms and he charged 25k nx at some point. I have since changed the password as I said so hopefully I locked out whoever did that but now I have an extra 25k nx o.o'''.

In this thread I would like some theories on what could've happened to my account for it to add 25k nx like that. And also ideas on what a retired player should do with 42k nx prepaid and like 20k maple points.

Free money right? I'd say make the most of it! XD
    Spoiler!

My art blog

can you log on to nexons website and check your cashshop transaction log? It wont show your maple points but it will show when and how your nx was charged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why Daos should never ever go away:
    Spoiler!

I can has gifts plz?

Yeah, what Wigum said. Check your transaction log and see when it was charged, and how.

Icon11

Quote Originally Posted by Wigum View Post
    can you log on to nexons website and check your cashshop transaction log? It wont show your maple points but it will show when and how your nx was charged
    lol I must've been tired last night because I didn't remember to do that :P.

08/26/2010 25000 NX Prepaid-NX Card $25
    Guess I was hacked b/c I never bought a card o.o

Still I can't see why any hacker in any game would put real money on to an account they hacked =/. It's weird, but I still wanna know what I should do with it =/.

The God of Destruction! Masked King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dae314 View Post
    lol I must've been tired last night because I didn't remember to do that :P.

Guess I was hacked b/c I never bought a card o.o

Still I can't see why any hacker in any game would put real money on to an account they hacked =/. It's weird, but I still wanna know what I should do with it =/.
    Change all the info and go crazy.

All players go insane for a high level account that they charge NX to their accounts.
    I'm Retired.

chances are you forgot you charged, or you lent your account willingly to someone to borrow. No hacker is going to charge a nx card to an account they hacked and not immediately use it / strip it.

Why Daos should never ever go away:
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Wigum View Post
    chances are you forgot you charged, or you lent your account willingly to someone to borrow. No hacker is going to charge a nx card to an account they hacked and not immediately use it / strip it.
    Can't have been my own personal charge because I've been off all nexon games for a long time now, and I'd have remembered doing a charge. The theory that it might be one of the people who used to have access to my account is more plausible except for the fact that I haven't been in touch with any of those people (only like 2 ppl) for months maybe years. One of them may have acted on their own after all these years though in gratitude or something o.o'''

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Just change your info. If it was one of your friends, they'll let you know. If no one says anything, it's all yours.

Spoiler!