Thread: Low-dex duel blader?

Default Low-dex duel blader?

I wanna open a low-dex dual blade, around 40 dexbase.
    I have 200m, so what should I buy?
    And should I open a low-dex dual blade? (Money isn't the issue, I can always make more but all I have right now is 200m).

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Going lowdex with 40 base may be difficult, especially since you want to equip at least lvl 80 gear (for good potential stats). We're at 56 base, and still need MW to fully equip all of our gear, adn until we get full end-game equips, we'll be using a 100 dagger/katara.
    200m won't even buy you one fully end-game lowdex thief item. For now, upgrade dex as you need it. Balance luk sacrificed against possible luk gained. For example, if you need 5 more base dex to wear full lvl 80 gear, upgrade that 5 base, because lvl 71-120 is currently the highest (realistic) tier a thief will get. The extra %luk gained will make up the slightly higher base dex.

Obviously this doesn't mean upgrade dex without regard for the future. Cap it around 80 max (anything more than that will be wasted later). Since you do have great starting funds, keeping it around 60-70 base will be easy. Once you get better gear, go for higher level daggers. When in doubt, just keep it low and hold off on a new dagger. A well built DB shouldn't be equipping a reverse weapon until they have at LEAST MW9, or a MW mule.

Spoiler!

Banned

40 dex would work if you were going to be a bandit or a sin. But considering that DBs equips changes like every 10 levels, I wouldn't recommend that cap at all.

So what, should I raise my basedex to 60? Or 40 is possible aswell?

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

It isn't how much you "should" upgrade, it's how much you need to upgrade. Balance your base dex with the gear you wear. For now, keep dex as low as possible. Later on, if you obtain a great piece of gear, upgrade a bit of base dex to wear it. Rough example: If you gain 6 luk from equipping the next top, but need 5 more base dex, then it's worth doing.

Keep your total dex enough to equip your dagger and lvl 80-90 top/bottom/shoes. For now, use things like dex earrings to keep your dex high enough. Later on, when you get an Egged potential HTP, replace those dex equips with luk equips. Your bottom will be dex, your helmet will be dex, and your shoes will be dex. You will also get minimal dex from other items as you go.

Just be wary about upgrading dex past 80 base. Much past that, and you go "high dex" and it's difficult to justify doing this. Don't upgrade a lot of base dex just to wear a reverse or dragon dagger with a MoN. Stick with a Blood Dagger until you can afford an egged HTP. Unless they specifically plan on resetting later, this is the biggest mistake a lot of DBs are making.

Spoiler!