Thread: Grenade and Invisible Shot

Default Grenade and Invisible Shot

Which is better (Faster training and effectiveness in later gameplay)? Now that grenade has burn damage, it seems you can train like a F/P with the poison mist, except burn damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    That is the pleasure of a public bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    That's just the pleasure of holding in your business for too long, and as a gamer I have that feeling if I decide to hold it in just so I can kill a boss or get a level or go to the next map before stopping off at the bathroom, even if I'm at home.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

DoTs are no longer calculated based on mob hp, but instead your damage range. The new accuracy formula will also make DoT training pretty useless (compared to what it was previously).

Invisible Shot is multiple times better.

Spoiler!

Invisible Shot.
    Grenade is too hard to aim to use well.

Note the DoT stacks with Flamethrower's DoT though.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

This is what I've heard. If you're above level 70, maxing blank shot + grenade is better. If you're under, grenade isn't a viable training attack so you should max Invisible Shot + Blank Shot.

The reason that grenade is better than invisible shot at level 70+ is because invisible shot is replaced by Ice Spitter and Flamethrower when they mob 3+. Grenade can also be used for extra burn damage against Death Teddies (who are weak against fire) since Grenade burn stacks with flamethrower burn. Grenade also can help give you a point blank hit or slightly boost your dpm against bosses that have invincibility (low level example would be Gppq (Ghost Pirate Pq). You can charge grenade while the boss is in the air and then get an extra ~3k before going back to double shot.
    RangedMint ~ 200 BowMaster <3 ~ Kradia
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Maplestory Goals
    [x] Reach Level 70 on RangedMint [12/31/2010] 120 [1/1/2011] BM [x] Max SE [x] 165 [2/20/2012] 200 [7/21/2013] MintehBear 120 [] Corsair [] Paladin [] Shadower

Grenade sucks, period.
    The amount of time it takes to throw/charge/whateverthe****youhavetodo is waaaaaayy too long.
    In the same time you can cast your FT+IS combo TWICE. (More if you're fully charging)

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Eh I find that grenade can be useful such as at specific bosses as stated above. Also, grenade helped me kill chronos when I was missing 70% of the time with invisible shot (yay burn damage). Another thing about grenade is you usually won't go full charge on them. Most of the time it's used point-blank when a monster/boss either is invincible, is rushing you, or you're passing by them while mobbing. Someone over in basilmarket was talking about the merits of grenade and said that he was able to use a grenade + flamethrower combination for burn kills in his early 100s/110s on Death Teddies.
    RangedMint ~ 200 BowMaster <3 ~ Kradia
    Maplestory Goals
    [x] Reach Level 70 on RangedMint [12/31/2010] 120 [1/1/2011] BM [x] Max SE [x] 165 [2/20/2012] 200 [7/21/2013] MintehBear 120 [] Corsair [] Paladin [] Shadower

from what i read, you rush at monsters at quickly drop bombs (no charging) to get all the mobs on fire before going to other monsters
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    That is the pleasure of a public bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    That's just the pleasure of holding in your business for too long, and as a gamer I have that feeling if I decide to hold it in just so I can kill a boss or get a level or go to the next map before stopping off at the bathroom, even if I'm at home.

The issue I have with that is that you have to be touching the monster to use it like that.
    You may as well play a melee class if you're going to do that, hell even melee classes train with semi-ranged skills.

FT+IS has a HUGE range, it's from the middle of a 1024x800 screen to the edge, which is crazy range. Most of the time you'll be using Dash + Recoil Shot to move around, so the 'grenading' part is entirely useless.
    FT+IS also attacks ridiculously fast, there's practically no delay if you use them right after each other.
    Finally, the DoT isn't supercoolamazing either. Straight out damage is ALWAYS better than DoT.

Oh and if you're missing on monsters, YOU SHOULDN'T BE TRAINING THERE, end of story.
    The BIGGEST difference between you and a monster's level should be +/- 2, with a few +exceptions (where you're above the monster), like C-2 where the spawn is crazy high, or Jesters where the EXP/Level ratio is ****ed up.
    1~3rd job Gunslingers don't get a lot of multi-hit skills and are therefore almost entirely ineffective if you're missing more than 10% of the time (2 levels below)
    Last edited by emailbox; 27th December 2010 at 01:48 PM.

bolt202/veil225/feint200