Thread: Lilin's Ring.

Default Lilin's Ring.

Prologue

As I awoke from my slumber, noticing I was in a bed, I heard a faint voice from afar, “You’re awake, finally. I was getting worried.” called out this mysterious girl. Swiftly raising my head, I noticed I was in a house, but whose house was it?

The mysterious voice had approached me, “I’m Lilin, nice to meet you!” the girl said to me with a distinct smile on her face. “How are you feeling?” she asked. “Weak, but well enough to stand up”, I had replied. Where am I? “Oh, by the way, you’re in my Cave. I retreat here sometimes if things get rough.” She explained.

“How did I get here? What happened?” I abruptly asked in the middle of her explanation. “You had been attacked by a pack of wolves outside of town. Luckily I had been coming back from the Woods and I spotted your body.”

As she was explaining, I had spotted a sharp Pole arm in the corner of the room. Whose was it? This young girl doesn’t seem like the warrior type, much less a fighter in general.

“Whose Pole arm is that sitting in the corner” I asked her, “That’s yours. You don’t remember?” she asked. “No, I don’t remember anything except for my name.” I had replied, in a semi-confused manner. “Really, well what is it?” she asked in a surprised voice. “Zei,” I replied, “Well nice to meet you Zei and I we are glad to see you’re feeling better!” she said in a rather spontaneous voice. “What do you mean we?” I asked, confused as I hadn’t noticed any one but me and her. Suddenly, a wolf pup jumped up onto the bed. Not expecting this, my heart started pounding, only just learning that I was attacked by a pack of wolves. “It’s okay, he won’t hurt you.” She said, with a smile on her face. “I’m heading out to Rien, would you like to come with me?” She asked. “Sure, I suppose” I replied, regaining balance on my feet.

An Aran Story?
    by Cryopon

Default Chapter 1 - Headed for the Village.

Chapter 1.

Upon agreeing to go to this village called “Rien” with Lilin, I’ve noticed I’m not dressed for such cold temperatures. “Um, Lilin, I’m not quite sure I’ve got the proper clothing for such frigid temperatures.” I declared, “You’re right, let me go check and see if I have anything in the back you could wear.” she had replied, walking toward the back of the cave. “Alright, I’ll be waiting right here if you need me.” I said, noticing my pale skin brushing against the wolf’s soft fur.

“Such a cozy cave, especially since it’s so cold.” I muttered to myself, trying to keep quiet as the wolf pup is sleeping. “Do you think this will fit?” Lilin said, popping her head around the corner of the room. “I’m not quite sure, let me try it on.” I replied, inspecting the fur coat. Sliding the coat over my arms, I quickly began to feel a sense of warmth spread throughout my chilling body. “Yes, this fits quite well, actually.” I stated, in a surprised manner. How did she know which size would fit me? “You’re silly, that’s your coat!” Lilin said, giggling. “It is? I-I don’t remember anything about owning a fur coat.” I stated, confused as I don’t recall ever seeing a coat like this. “Ah, so you actually did lose your memory.” Lilin said, getting ready to leave for town. “Well? Are you ready to go?” Lilin said, rather impatiently. “Alright, let’s go.” I said, getting on my feet, and walking toward the cave exit.

“Well, seeing as how you’ve never been here, just follow me.” She said, quickly approaching the exit. Upon leaving the cave, I quickly noticed the bright sun beating down on the trees surrounding the area. The smell of pine in the air is refreshing, after only just waking from what felt like an eternity of sleep. “You’re not used to being outside, are you?” Lilin said, noticing the astonishment across my face. “I forgot what the world is like, how it looks, how it smells.” I replied to her, with a cheek to cheek smile. “While we’re in town, I’ll take you to see Syphos, Grendel’s apprentice. He may be able to figure out why you’ve lost your memory.” Lilin said, quickly following the snow covered dirt trail that lead toward Rien. “Who is Grendel?” I said, confused as I’ve never heard of him before. “He is the head Magician, who lives at the top of Ellinia. You’ve got much to learn, Zei, just take it easy for now. Everything will eventually come clear.” Lilin replied quickly, now jogging down the trail.

“Halt! None shall pass; Rien is currently closed to visitors.” A mysterious man said, approaching us quickly. “What happened Era? Did the Black Wings attack the village again?”