Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Tsunami, 8.9 earthquake. Japan.

update:

5700 dead

9500 missing
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyAwake View Post
    This thread quickly turned into who all wants to sex up Merciless.

Japan didnt even ask for any $$ from us, they got a ****load set aside for catastrophic events

Well the money didn't exactly go towards them but towards Red Cross from what I hear. I also 'heard' Japan refused the money, no source though, just hearsay.
    Gone with the wind

Hear the door knock.
    Open it up.
    Guy starts talking about Japanese earthquake and Haitian earthquake.
    I think he's here for donation.
    Starts asking if it were possible that it was predicted in the bible.
    Shows vague verse in the bible about earthquakes being a sign of the coming kingdom of god.
    I shoo him away.
    Oh Jehovah's Witnesses.

I heard it was officially declared a 9.0 (make up your mind already seismologists).
    Gone with the wind

Quote Originally Posted by nanop44 View Post
    Looks like the nuclear problem is getting worse and worse
    Condolences to the families of workers trying to resolve it, 100% death rate for those who are exposed that long to the radiation at such a short distance
    Quote Originally Posted by nanop44 View Post
    Seems like radiation is headed towards the US west coast via wind
    Can't seem find the source on this though ._.
    I don't think you understand how a nuclear power station works, the ***ushima plant is not too different from a giant pressure cooker, all that has happened in japan is that the cooling system has been disconnected, causing an explosion in the second containment (a pressure vessel), all this still has to go through a third containment which is pretty much just a bubble of the strongest steel you can get.
    So, there will be no significant release of radioactivity anywhere. There will be some in the immediate area, but anyone outside a 30km (and 30km is a big stretch, more likely 10?) will receive no more radiation then you get from a long distance flight or a drink that is produced somewhere with high levels of radiation.

Also @pyrofyr I don't think that they would have trouble distinguishing between an 8.7 and a 9, 8.7 is 8 times as powerful as an 8 on the richter scale, and a 9 is 10 times more powerful.
    DAE314 SAID THIS

BYE DSH ILY <3 *kissy kissy*

the official level of it was changed to 9
    Holiday goals : Reach level 70 on my Dual Blader l Work on Compression and Destiny Defied l Find what i've always been looking for. l Open a new door and start anew. l Break HIM. l
    Complete - Green.
    Working on it - Purple.
    Hiatus - Red.

Hatred of you is what drives me, and i'll take solace in breaking your mind. I swear i will to whatever gods there may be, even if it's the last thing i do.

A Crusader's Guide.
    Story : Destiny Defied.
    Idea Compilation : Compression.

Quote Originally Posted by darksidehero View Post
    I don't think you understand how a nuclear power station works.
    Third containment?

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Tokyo, Japan to LA, CA is just over 5000 mi. Simple geography. By that point, I imagine it would be dispersed by wind or diluted from traveling over water. Or just have broken down atomically. This is what we call a hysteria (Y2K anybody?)

http://www.curiousfig.com/?p=441

This is why I hate "scientists." So attached to what they've been taught, that they refuse independent thought. If radiation did NOT have some sort of limit to its range, what would keep it from spreading over the world? How is cold water mist different from a coolant plant Something clearly happens to it on its travels, and it does get diluted, or the first H-Bomb would have caused problems to people in the its test.

Still, I understand his passion. We should definitely think about taking down nuke power plants, for one plant might dissipate over thousands of miles if only through all the live and dead bodies it has to go through on the way to LA (kinda morbid, eh). But 10 or 12 might not.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 21st March 2011 at 12:31 PM.

Think Chernobyl
    radiation spread pretty far
    噢如果超人会飞
    那就让我在空中停一停歇
    再次俯瞰这个世界
    会让我觉得好一些

哦拯救地球好累
    虽然有些疲惫但我还是会
    不要问我哭过了没
    因为超人不能有眼泪