Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Persuasive Essay.

View Poll Results: Should students wear uniforms?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 77.78%
  • No

2 22.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Persuasive Essay.

Icon4 Persuasive Essay.

Plz can you tell me if this is a good essay.It is for my finals.

Imagine you are on the basketball team. You are in the playoffs and you get the ball but need to pass it. But you don’t know who is on your team because no one is wearing your uniform! So, even thought uniforms are expensive and our uniform is gang-colored, students should wear uniforms for many reasons. Some of the reasons are safety, like wearing bright colors on dark nights, choice, like when choosing one set of clothing from another, and discipline, to be comfortable with formal clothing.
    First, uniforms help keep shirts with explicit words, phrases, or pictures away from school. Also, uniforms help us from looking like thugs. For example, if uniforms keep bad clothes away from school, we wouldn’t be setting a bad example to the younger children. Also, not looking like a thug keeps you safer on the street. In addition, it would we easier to run in our uniform than in baggy pants. That is because baggy pants are heavier than regular pants.
    Second, my opponent thinks uniforms should not be worn by students. For example, my opponent would probably say that some uniforms are gang-colored. But, although they say that, uniforms are brighter than gang colors. Also uniforms that are bright help motorists and automobiles see you on dark nights. That is safer because there would be less of a chance to be hit by the car or motorcycle.
    Third, my survey results show that fifteen people do not want uniforms, but ten people like uniforms and the five person difference is not much of a difference. For example, since my group only surveyed the seventh and eighth graders, the other grades could change the results. Also, the teachers could change the results enormously! In addition, Sister Georgina would make a large difference because she is the principal. Also, some students do not actually think about why they picked yes or no. If they just picked without thinking, the survey would be invalid but none did that in our survey (I hope not!).
    In concludition, uniforms are needed for safety and others. Also, uniforms help keep discipline in schools. They keep order in schools too.Uniforms are not very expensive and are found in very easy to reach places. If uniforms are not worn, we couldn’t be known by our looks. In all, this is why we should wear uniforms.

Please and thankyou:D:D

Awwww.
    Who wants to play jump into the demon's mouth?

Banned

What grade are you in? That pretty much determines whether or not your essay is good. If you're in middle school, then it's good.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    What grade are you in? That pretty much determines whether or not your essay is good. If you're in middle school, then it's good.

Spoiler!
    Im in 5th grade:eek:

Awwww.
    Who wants to play jump into the demon's mouth?

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post

Spoiler!
    Lol, I know. I could right several pages on this topic.
    I believe, therefor I'm insane.

There was a debate similiar to this question a couple of years ago... I think they said that having a school wear uniform reduces conflict between students.

underageb&?

In other relevant news, 5th graders are taught and drilled on 5 paragraph essays, no? Which they are supposed to use until around high school when they then say "WTF THATS TRASH" and kick your ass if it's 5-para-style.
    Gone with the wind

Quote Originally Posted by Teleclast View Post
    underageb&?

In other relevant news, 5th graders are taught and drilled on 5 paragraph essays, no? Which they are supposed to use until around high school when they then say "WTF THATS TRASH" and kick your ass if it's 5-para-style.
    lmao. so true xD

why does it look so short?

Quote Originally Posted by josh92897 View Post
    Im in 5th grade:eek:
    oh ok... *applaud*

It's good enough.

Jr. Necki

It's easier to write yes than no, but I actually believe no.

Btw, it's a good essay for a fifth grader :D

Slime

Okay.. this is a good essay for a fifth-grader. o_0 I didn't have to write essays, I wrote paragraphs in 5th grade.. so obviously it depends.
    Um..personally, I don't think your second and third points are very persuasive. But I suppose it doesn't matter all that much in fifth grade, and especially if you did a survey.
    <Insert an interesting figment of your imagination here>

click here if you're bored =)