Thread: Do I need new spell books after big bang?

Default Do I need new spell books after big bang?

If I understand correctly, all skills will be removed (set to zero) and the skill points refunded (is that true? If I am 4th job does that mean for all jobs or only 4th?)

So, I will then have my skill points to redistribute again (and I won't be putting much in blizzard this time). Do I need to get new skill books again?

This just occurred to me. If so, I had better get to the FM and stock up before prices sky-rocket.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

GMS got special scrolls a few days after big bang that reset ALL sp.

Any passed mastery books remained passed. For example, before BB, I had level 30 Big Bang passed. After BB, I left it at 4, but it is still unlocked to 30.
    If you passed Ifrit 20 or 30, you will have Elquines 20 or 30 unlocked as well.

Spoiler!

Thanks that clarifies matters.

I don't want to ask you to go into details - I can google - but are there any changes to jobs 1-3 which would cause me to distribute my skills differently? (I ignored Slow on 2nd and Thunderspear on 3rd)

Quote Originally Posted by mawg View Post

I don't want to ask you to go into details - I can google - but are there any changes to jobs 1-3 which would cause me to distribute my skills differently? (I ignored Slow on 2nd and Thunderspear on 3rd)
    Free SP reset means you can reset all your SP at once (1st~4th job) and just put them in however you want.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Quote Originally Posted by mawg View Post

You ignored thunderspear in 3rd? wat is dis

dat skill is awesome
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Cold Beam is useless; slow works on bosses. Slow>Cold Beam if you're already high leveled.
    You can take like....32913821983921 hits from every monster. Elemental Resistance is useless. Thunderspear is still pretty useless at Lionheart Castle. Thunderspear is the sexiest skill in the game. Get thunderspear!

Spoiler!