Thread: ... Stupid DVD-ROM

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Default ... Stupid DVD-ROM

Okay, I can understand and probably be okay with having Region 2-whatever disabled on my computer. I can be okay with forcing you to have a limited number of resets on region.

But what I can't accept is my DVD-ROM not realizing once it switched over to Region 1 mode, that Region 0 discs should be able to run on a Region 1 Dvd player (they're "any region"). Instead, it acts like they're blank, and ignores them.

No, I don't wanna hack my dvd player (if I can help it), and no, contrary to all the links searching on this has given me, I don't wanna make my dvds "region-free" (they already are). I just wanna be able to read my all-region DVDs, since they're about 1/3 of what I own.

Just so you know, if nobody responds with a legit answer in two hours, I'm likely to download something very illegal.

------------

Nevermind, I got it to work by downloading some generic "region-free player" (which ironically, did not play the dvd at all, but managed to notice the previously invisible region). After uninstalling the stupid program, it retained the ability to notice the regionless DVDs.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 28th April 2011 at 04:51 AM.