28th April 2011, 02:03 PM
Quick question about UA's.
Alright, so my dw is 111. I have 9 lvls, plus the time of which I collect my peridots, to think about what to make my UA.
Right now, I have my mind set on 3 options:
I don't know which one to choose, and I'd like your guys' help.
I also have some specifications:
1) Must be good for bossing(TOP MOST WANTED QUALITY)
2) Easy to train/mob/lvl
3) And a class that can make money fast(I know it's kinda vague, but hey, it's all I can think of right now, lol.)
What I'd like from you guys is:
Your opinion on which of these three classes would be best,
1) Which class would meet most, if not all of the specs I mentioned above,
2) Different skills and stat builds,
3) Funding guides(such as what I'll be able to do with certain amounts on money for each class.)
4) Any other help you can guys provide,
PLEASE use facts, and what you guys know on these classes, as I'd like to collect as much data as I can before I make my UA.
Right now, I'm leaning towards a shadower.
Thanks in advance guys! :D
-P.S. I'm not even sure if I'm posting this in the right section! Lol.
I only used HS for skills/items and what not. >< Sorry. ><
28th April 2011, 02:25 PM
1) What type of bossing do you mean? Shadower wins for best soloing (good shadowers can solo horntail pretty easily). I/L are extremely helpful for Pink Bean and HT limbs/zak arms, and come out as one of the top dpsers against multiple targets at range (as narrow as this sounds, it includes most major bosses: PB, Cht, ht, zak, chzak). Marksmen win for straight up single target dps, but not by a massive amount. Throw in multiple enemies or potion cooldown and the other two come out far ahead. Before I can give a definite answer, I need to know what type of bossing you're looking for.
2) Ice Lightning mage is arguably the ideal class for LHC, especially when you consider CL's massive bounce range. Marksmen excel as unfunded chars since snipe has "set" damage. Shadowers are somewhere in between, and still great choices. I'd suggest (as unbiased as I can be =\) I/L for this area. CL is just too amazing at LHC, and couple it with DoT moves and AoE, and you've got a great mobbing class.
3) Two months ago I would have said I/L arch mage, and it would be incredibly tough to argue against that. However, hackers have dropped the price of PoTs through the floor (as low as 500k in Kradia now), so I'd have to guess Shadower, but only if you can pull off regular HT solos later on. Beyond that, no class really excels at making money. Some can save a bit faster, some can kill a bit faster, but you'll hardly get rich by looting alone.
My personal opinion is obviously going to be biased since Marksman is one of the few 4th jobs I haven't played and my main is an I/L, but I'd lean toward I/L mage with Shadower at a close second. Shadower will be much more expensive, but will end up making quite a bit in real "end-game"
28th April 2011, 03:14 PM
Well, I'd prefer solo bossing, and any type of boss.
I forgot to put in there that I would like to join a bossing guild, HT squad or any other types of run.
I know I just contradicted myself, saying that i prefer solo, but I want to join a bossing guild,
So what would you recommend for that?
A "hybrid" of both solo and group for any type of boss?
Sorry I'm being so unspecific, lol.
29th April 2011, 07:27 AM
I thought that a Warrior KoC can only become a warrior UA.
29th April 2011, 07:36 AM
No, a UA can be any type, regardless of the KoC predecessor
29th April 2011, 07:38 AM
Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa
oh, but are the KoC skills restrictive to the weapon you're equipped with? Like, using a dagger with Soul Driver or Gear or Wind Pierce?
29th April 2011, 07:51 AM
They're restricted to the class. All warriors get Soul Driver, all mages get Flame Gears, all archers get Wind Pierce, all pirates get Shark Wave, and all thieves get Vampire.
Every 10 levels after 50 upgrades the skill by 1 point (with a max of 5), but the skills are slightly different from their KoC counterparts. The lvl 5 UA skills are pretty much the same as the max lvl KoC skills
29th April 2011, 09:26 AM
So now I'm going shadower or I/L for sure.
Which one would be best for both soloing and party bossing?
I'd think Shadower, due to fast speed and high attack.