Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Osama Bin Laden Killed

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    Exactly. Retaliation of citizens is a war of revenge.

Japan bombed our military, because they didn't want a war on both fronts (which they unfortunately got). Similar to Nazis attacking Russia, without Hitler's insanity. (And mebbe that, nanopp) Regardless, it was self-defense on both parties. This, on the other hand is a Grudge.
    Japan attacked the US because the US had an oil embargo on them. The US had an oil embargo on them because we were giving that oil to the allies on the western front. Japan pleaded to get the oil trade back but the US refused. The way they saw it, the only course of action was war. They chose pearl harbor because it would be a hard blow to the pacific fleet. The Japanese joined the side of the nazis because 1. They were winning at the time and 2. if they won, they would secure trade routes and other economic opportunities throughout mainland Asia all the way through Europe.

Hitler attacked Russia because of his ego and thought he could win

little did he know that the only war* that Russia would ever lose was the Crimean war back in the mid-late 1800's. In all actuality, if hitler hadn't attacked russia, the Nazis might have succeeded.

as for the video, there will be supporters (basically all of 'MERICA) and there will be dissenters of nearly any political action. I have already read a couple that state the killing of OBL was a bad thing, but plenty saying that it was a good thing.

*being where armies were sent and fought and whatnot
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyAwake View Post
    This thread quickly turned into who all wants to sex up Merciless.

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Nice to see someone who didn't BS most of their history papers.

I'm still miffed at the "war on terror" thing. It's a "war against terrorists."
    You can't do battle on "terror" without conquering your own fears first. Ten years have gone by, and Americans are more terrified now than ever, now even of their own government, which is okay with security hacks in everything from the internet to PS systems. The only way to do war on terror would be to become a Sage or something. To do that would also be to kill love, for what we fear for most is the loss of what we love, ourselves and others.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 3rd May 2011 at 12:28 PM.

Nice to see someone who didn't bs most of their history papers.

You can't do battle on "terror" without conquering your own fears first. Ten years have gone by, and Americans are more terrified now than ever, now even of their own government, which is okay with security hacks in everything from the internet to PS systems. The only way to do war on terror would be to become a Sage or something.
    The entire basis of the US is Ironic

Bush had a brilliant team that could formulate names and slogans to make it seem that someone was unpatriotic or ,nonexistantgod forbid, COMMUNIST, if one should not want this to happen. Case and Point, the Patriot act.

In my honest opinion, we should have ended the war a long time ago, or never declare war in the first place. Sadly, now that OBL is dead, we have to wait for the next move. It is a game of chess
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyAwake View Post
    This thread quickly turned into who all wants to sex up Merciless.

Just because they captured the head figure of Al Qaida doesn't mean they'll give up.
    I'm Retired.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Nice to see someone who didn't BS most of their history papers.

You can't do battle on "terror" without conquering your own fears first. Ten years have gone by, and Americans are more terrified now than ever, now even of their own government, which is okay with security hacks in everything from the internet to PS systems. The only way to do war on terror would be to become a Sage or something. To do that would also be to kill love, for what we fear for most is the loss of what we love, ourselves and others.
    What the US is doing now has almost always been the standard policy. We spent nearly the entire 19th century in wars of occupation (though we refused to call it that).

Even our original "war of independence" was initiated on shaky grounds. At the time, Britain had every right to levy taxes against the colonies since the colonists outright asked them for aid. Even more hypocritical was our sudden turn to the French, and many British politicians held onto that grudge up through WWII.
    Up to the point of the late 1750s, "America" was very much as you seem to desire it, although it was only accomplished through strict Puritan hierarchy. One of the only times in our history that we remained "independent" of foreign power came at the heavy cost of personal freedom. Ironically, this was also when were subjects of another power, although they had little control over the average colony.

War has always been tied with a (false) identity, hence the "myth of identity".

Is that false identity any less important to emotions than reality?

Spoiler!

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tharticus View Post
    Just because they captured the head figure of Al Qaida doesn't mean they'll give up.
    it's almost like this wasn't said a million times over for the last 7 pages

amazing
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by penguinzrock View Post
    it's almost like this wasn't said a million times over for the last 7 pages

amazing
    2 pages for 40 ppp.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

are there any pictures of the body?

Quote Originally Posted by vladekxbootes View Post
    are there any pictures of the body?
    Don't believe any were released to the public.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

nope .
    噢如果超人会飞
    那就让我在空中停一停歇
    再次俯瞰这个世界
    会让我觉得好一些

哦拯救地球好累
    虽然有些疲惫但我还是会
    不要问我哭过了没
    因为超人不能有眼泪