Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Premium miracle cubes

Quote Originally Posted by xBowlCut View Post
    First try!

Can't get any LUK on it or Unique for the life of me though.
    Dam I dont like youuu, lucky nub
    *drool* @ those unique stuff you have, share please

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    Fixed.
    The value never changes. Since you can't use multiple cubes at the same time, it is still only a 25% chance, period.
    actually no, see you didn't read my post.

He's posting the likelyhood that ONE OF THE CUBES WILL TURN IT 3 LINE OUT OF FIVE
    that likelyhood is 76% (approx).
    The likelyhood that ANY ONE GIVEN CUBE WILL WORK is 25%.

The way he worded it means "The likelyhood one cube out of x number of cubes will turn it 3 line is" *insert stats here*

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Quote Originally Posted by xBowlCut View Post
    First try!

Spoiler!

Can't get any LUK on it or Unique for the life of me though.
    This isn't even a flaunting thread. Put this away.

Statistics are good if you look at a bulk amount but really Tesi is right that for cubes and scrolls you should look at each scroll individually. Probability of the total amount of scrolls used plays a very small role in MapleStory. MapleStory is not like predicting what suit the card you pull out of a deck will be before you pull it. It just doesn't work that way.

Sure you can look at the chance that one 10% dex scroll will work out of the five slots on this cape but it doesn't change the fact that I wasted 5 capes without passing one freakin scroll.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    Statistics are good if you look at a bulk amount but really Tesi is right that for cubes and scrolls you should look at each scroll individually. Probability of the total amount of scrolls used plays a very small role in MapleStory. MapleStory is not like predicting what suit the card you pull out of a deck will be before you pull it. It just doesn't work that way.

Sure you can look at the chance that one 10% dex scroll will work out of the five slots on this cape but it doesn't change the fact that I wasted 5 capes without passing one freakin scroll.
    Actually omar, predicting which card you will pull out of a deck is exactly like predicting scrolling. =)
    The same basic principle applies to both, namely that you aren't always going to be correct.

And there is actually a use for these types of statistics in normal scrolling and not just bulk scrolling, they are very handy for making decision while scrolling... But only if you know how to actually use them properly. =P

Okay I should have said pulling the same suit consistently. It's not the same.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Quote Originally Posted by bscarp View Post
    Actually omar, predicting which card you will pull out of a deck is exactly like predicting scrolling. =)
    The same basic principle applies to both, namely that you aren't always going to be correct.

And there is actually a use for these types of statistics in normal scrolling and not just bulk scrolling, they are very handy for making decision while scrolling... But only if you know how to actually use them properly. =P
    real life =/= coding forumlas
    Each chance of it working/failing stays the same throughout the process.
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

It's only going to be necessary when mass scrolling. In every other instance, you should treat the scroll the same. The equipment, however, does change. As each scroll works, the value will go up. A 30% scroll means something different on a ~500m item than on a ~100m item. The scroll's chances should always be considered to be the chances given by the scroll.

Spoiler!

Slime

Quote Originally Posted by WubYou4ever View Post
    Dam I dont like youuu, lucky nub
    *drool* @ those unique stuff you have, share please
    Yeah but I haven't had over 3% LUK in 40 cubes on that thing so I wouldn't consider myself lucky!