Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2083
Application for Guide Moderators are now open!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Application for Guide Moderators are now open!

Icon3 Application for Guide Moderators are now open!

Hidden Street is currently accepting applications for 2 available positions for a Guide Moderator.

Our only requirements are that the applicant should have been a member for at least 1 year (exceptions may be made in rare cases) and that your conduct in the forum has been decent and respectful.

Your responsibilities would involve:
    - Approving and disapprove a submitted guide
    - Categorise and move each of the existing guide into their respective sections (the to-be-created Pre-Big Bang, Post-Big Bang, and Post-Chaos sections) as suggested by Tagg here
    - Maintain Hidden Street's quality and standard of approved guides
    - Approve and move guides deemed to be of the highest quality into the "Complete Guides" board/section
    A Guide Moderator will receive:
    - a shiny, yet-to-be-determined new username colour - we'll let the selected Guide Moderators to come to an agreement for their chosen colour as long as they are sufficiently different than the existing colours used
    - the ability to use attachments of unlimited sizes
    - expanded private message inbox, up from the current 120 private messages limit
    Please note that Guide Moderators are not above the forum's Terms of Service, which should be adhered to at all times.

In order to apply, simply fill in the following and post in this topic (feel free to insert line breaks and use paragraphs where applicable):

HTML Code:
    1. [B]Username:[/B]
    2. [B]Age:[/B]
    3. [B]Country you're living in now:[/B]
    4. [B]Timezone:[/B]
    5. [B]Version of MapleStory you're playing:[/B]
    6. [B]How often you play MapleStory:[/B]
    7. [B]Why you want to be a Guide Moderator:[/B]
    You should only post your application here. Other posts in this topic that are NOT applications will be deleted.

This topic shall be closed in a week from now on 13th June 2011, 11:59pm (GMT+8) / 13th June 2011, 11:59am (EDT) (GMT-4).

All decisions made by the Admins are final and may not be contested.
    Last edited by Neothisis; 10th June 2011 at 10:35 AM. Reason: June, not July 13th. lol

Hmm interesting... I should apply.

1. Username: omarXRanger
    2. Age: 16
    3. Country you're living in now: United States
    4. Timezone: Pacific Standard Time
    5. Version of MapleStory you're playing: Global MapleStory
    6. How often do you play MapleStory: Quite a bit. I play about two hours a day on weekdays and more on the weekends if I have time.
    7. Why you want to be a Guide Moderator: The guide section right now does need some serious maintenance and I think that I can help with that. I've played the game and researched it enough to know which guides are helpful and which guides need more work. I've played a variety of classes in the game to a point, although I may not have got them all to a high enough level as some of the people in the forum, I still have a good knowledge of the game itself. I know a variety of ways skills are helpful, the ways people distribute AP, and other things about the game and its mechanics. Since the Big Bang patch I've been keeping up with the various changes the game goes through so if I could help make the guide section helpful to others it would benefit everyone. The guide section could use a good new format and it would be great if I could help out with that.

Hopefully I get picked. If not then at least I tried.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

1. Username: emailbox
    2. Age: 20
    3. Country you're living in now: Canada
    4. Timezone: EST
    5. Version of MapleStory you're playing: Global.
    6. How often you play MapleStory: A lot. ...A lot.
    7. Why you want to be a Guide Moderator: I like to look through the guide section once in a while and there's a lot of good guides buried beneath a billion bad ones. Most of them suffer from lack of updating but if the Guides section was to be revamped and updating was encouraged (with easier formatting, updating, etc) then I think HS.net would see a lot of traffic on the guide section. I've played Maplestory for an extensive amount of time and am very "literate" in the game mechanics as well as updates and changes new and old. I've also written several guides, some more "casual" than others, but all generally accepted correct and effective. I also try to keep them up to date whenever I remember. It would be great if I could help fix up the guide section~

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Slime

1. Username: Vinju
    2. Age: 19
    3. Country you're living in now: United Kingdom
    4. Timezone: GMT
    5. Version of MapleStory you're playing: GMS
    6. How often you play MapleStory: 2+ hours almost daily
    7. Why you want to be a Guide Moderator: It'll mean I'm more active around the forums, it'll be a good opportunity to get involved in the community and I have a fairly well rounded knowledge base when it comes to the game. I'm also in a timezone that contrasts with the majority of players so can do my job when others are sleeping.
    Vinju - 161 Blade Master
    NLFJ - 158 Night Lord
    xBowlCut - 145 Battle Mage
    24ATKBuff - 120 Dawn Warrior

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

1. Username: Tesiqurasa
    2. Age: 21
    3. Country you're living in now: United States
    4. Timezone: Central Standard Time
    5. Version of MapleStory you're playing: Global MapleStory
    6. How often you play Maplestory: Average of 4-6 hours per day
    7. Why you want to be a Guide Moderator: I love answering questions in the forum, and I have written a few guides during my stay here. I'm on the forum for several hours each day, and consider it my "home" online. I love opportunities to help out, and this would be a great way to do so.

Being able to continue helping with the guides would be very satisfying for me. One of my favorite aspects of MapleStory is learning as much about each class as possible, and searching through various guides is one of the best starting points. I have created, played, or owned nearly every 4th job class; many of them are repeats created to test out new material. I think that a great guide section will attract many new forumers, and that would lead to revitalized activity within the Maple section. Basically, I love playing, discussing, and learning about the game, and want to keep sharing in that experience.

Beyond just MapleStory, I enjoy reading and writing in my daily life. I am currently working on an English major, and am excited for any opportunity to employ my skills. Completed guides require both accurate content and respectable writing. Having a combination of both will attract users to the Hidden-Street guide section.
    Last edited by Tesiqurasa; 7th June 2011 at 02:59 AM.

Spoiler!

Username: ithrow4luk
    2. Age: 19
    3. Country you're living in now: United Stated
    4. Timezone: Central Standard Time
    5. Version of MapleStory you're playing: Global Maplestory
    6. How often you play MapleStory: However I no longer play, I've played for 3 years and still keep up with all aspects of maplestory. When I did play, it would be close to 6 hours a day.
    7. Why you want to be a Guide Moderator: Like I stated in the previous question, I think I would be able to determine the difference between a good guide and a bad guide based on the current version that maple is running very easily. I've written a guide myself, so I know what's needed for the guide to be relevant to the readers. Being able to help out would be wonderful as well, since I love this forum and the members within the forum. I've played/created basically every 4th job class already, so I know all the builds/training zones for those characters. I love discussing maple news and updates within the forum as well. I keep a close eye on Spadow's Blog as well, so all new content is relevant to me as well. I'll never be left behind in terms of what maplestory is all about, and I think it would be a perfect characteristic in terms of approving/disproving guides that are being submitted to our forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

1. Username: Wyatt
    2. Age: 14
    3. Country you're living in now:United States of America.
    4. Timezone:Eastern Time zone, it's 3:25 when I am posting this.
    5. Version of MapleStory you're playing: Maple Story Global.
    6. How often you play MapleStory: Mainly on Sunday, for 3 or more hours. Not often during the week.
    7. Why you want to be a Guide Moderator: I am already a database moderator, and I could use some more work on these forums, considering School is out, I've got some free time on my hands. I noticed the guide section is cluttered, and I recall actually coming up with this idea. Either way, I feel it would be beneficial to me, and the forum.

1. Username: Rasudoken
    2. Age: 16
    3. Country you're living in now: United States of America
    4. Timezone: Pacific Standard Time
    5. Version of MapleStory you're playing: North America Maplestory (GMS)
    6. How often you play MapleStory: Once or more every two patch or two month, which ever comes first.
    7. Why you want to be a Guide Moderator: Username color change. Allows me to check out what's happening with the current maplestory. Go into Grammar/Spelling Nazi mode and attack the low tier guides.

DON'T JUDGE ME

1. Username:White Mage Abyss
    2. Age:17
    3. Country you're living in now:United States of America: East Coast
    4. Timezone:Eastern Standard Time
    5. Version of MapleStory you're playing: Global Maplestory (GMS)
    6. How often you play MapleStory:I will clock several hour sittings 4-5 times a week.
    7. Why you want to be a Guide Moderator:Being a guide moderator would allow me to have a better understanding of the community and it would allow me to see everyones personal take on how to play Maplestory. Having a fair bit of knowledge on the game will also allow me to help users construct their guides as well as give my own personal experience as well.

Too cool for bot zapping Clockwork's Avatar

1. Username: Clockwork
    2. Age: 24
    3. Country you're living in now: USA
    4. Timezone: EDT/GMT-4
    5. Version of MapleStory you're playing: GMS
    6. How often you play MapleStory: If I have time, 1 - 3 hours on weekdays and as much as 4 - 5 hours on weekends.
    7. Why you want to be a Guide Moderator: I want to help HS and the community.