Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marketplace in the Database - Suggestions welcomed!

Default Marketplace in the Database - Suggestions welcomed!

Both JonLoh and I are currently thinking of integrating a marketplace segment into the database itself by utilising the data that we have on the existing items and equipment. This would enable players to advertise their buy and sell prices, and we envision it to be a convenient platform for you guys to buy and sell your items outside of MapleStory (entirely in mesos of course - anything other than in-game mesos is not tolerated).

Before we actually commence work on it, we'd like to invite you guys to suggest features or anything at all that you would like to see in this marketplace section. As a player yourself, what sort of functionality or feature would you like to see?

We can't guarantee that every suggestion would be implemented, but we'll definitely look into your suggestions here.

Woooooooooot! :P
    What to put here geh~

I can't see this ever competing with basil, but it's worth a try.

Also it would be nice so I don't have to go to basil to do price checks.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Sounds good to me. Would be great if some sort of admin-board was set up to moderate and the feature allowed anyone (guests included) to post things; most people would rather not sign up, they could just leave their IGNs instead.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

I think that we should have the Marketplace, but allow users to post without registering (as Emaily said) as well as set an E-mail link up between users. Like, if I put an item, and someone bids, it Emails me and I can email right to them.
    Also, I'd like it if it was integrated in to the database. So you could use a drop down list to find the item, and then a drop down list fr stats.

This is a very basic idea of it, but I think it would be great!

It would be nice if a record was kept of the prices/stats of items ever sold/bought.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And with the item stats, I think it should be set up like a form - So the only thing the seller/buyer needs to type are numbers.
    STR: [ ]
    DEX: [ ]
    INT: [ ]
    etc.

- The average stats would already be filled out on the form.
    One of the things I hate about Basil is how people become lazy and miss stuff out, e.g. "Maple Shine Wand 2 INT 80 MATK 0 Slots". I doubt this would be all that useful though. Just a thought I thought I'd throw in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little "Other Information" section to allow the seller/buyer to note their playing times.

With the 'bidding', if there's ever going to be one, it should be made so that you can go lower than the asking price/previous bid. So it will have a list like this:

xxSellerxx selling Maple Shine Wand
    Stats bla bla bla
    50,000,000mesos

BuyerDude 45,000,000 mesos
    xNaturox0 - 61,000,000 mesos
    GuythatBids - 50,000,000 mesos

[Enter IGN] [Enter amount]

This way when the top bidder can't be found, the seller can just go to the one below. This too will decrease the possibility of completely 'empty' auctions because the seller was stupid and asked for too much. And, for a limited time after the "bidding phase" ends, all the people's IGNs and the bids should still be available.
    So for the categories it might be something along the lines of:
    For Sale / Wanted
    Recently finished auctions (Maybe a week old?) (So that the people who haven't signed up can see who bidded and the bids)
    Sold items (Item name, stats and price only)
    The cycle of the item for sale would just be going down that category line.

My brain's been really inactive lately, so I'm over thinking this. Heeheeheehee.
    Last edited by Mesniac; 25th March 2011 at 01:49 AM.
    viva la nagato yuki

Quote Originally Posted by Mesniac View Post
    It would be nice if a record was kept of the prices/stats of items ever sold/bought.

Yeah, jsut have a section, select the item you want to buy / sell. And below Buy / Sell, it could be "Bought / Sold" and then it could be past sales.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

What about including stuff via MTS as well? That is a legitimate way of buying items with Nx, so long as it is all done through MTS (although you'd also have to factor in taxes).

I have personally had to hold off on putting items up in MTS simply because I wanted to use it while I advertised it. This would be a great way to see more specific items for sale, and sift through the spam crap.

Spoiler!

good idea is good =D
    DB Mod
    100% mardian, 100% legit

is it too late to say I like this idea :), I use basil a lot so I know a lil of how it work and maybe help out too if needed, I know quite a lot of prices to some items ( for Bera)

Spoiler!