Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Early Grinding

Default Early Grinding

Well I've been gone a while, and all that, so I don't know this stuff anymore. I recently made an Archer just to play around, before I get started on Nova after Chaos, and "wow". Back in the day, at the rate I was leveling up (Lv20 in less than 2 hours), I would have either been considered a hacker or ridiculed. Furthermore, you can get there even faster, or so I've heard. o_o How...? For reference, I spent levels 10-15 at the Training Center for Archers just outside of Henesys, and 16-20 at Golems a few maps away.

So, does anyone have any advice on how I would go about getting to Lv30 faster? If I dislike any range of levels, it's those before 3rd Job, and even more so, those before 2nd Job. I don't mind how boring the grinding might be, I just wish to get to 2nd Job as quickly as I possibly can.

Also, if this includes PQs, then we should start up another list on the Nova thread for those interested in PQs. I'm going to be playing the whole day/night of Nova's release, so I should be able to get to KPQ status in a couple of hours, and in another couple be at Ludi PQ status... Or are PQs not very good for leveling anymore?

Thanks for any info.
    Last edited by Aeca; 26th June 2011 at 11:32 AM.
    Inactive (as of 2011-08-28 YMD)
    W i n g

For if I had Wings, I would surely fall.
    Aecarus ◦ Lv70 Ranger ◦ Chaos
    Lv7 Herbalism ◦ Lv5 Alchemy
    Aecarus the Azure Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Aeca View Post
    So I've been gone a while and blah blah blah... so I don't know this stuff anymore. I recently made an Archer just to mess around, before I get started on Nova after Chaos, and wow. At the rate I was leveling up, Lv20 in less than 2 hours, I would have been considered either a hacker or utterly lifeless back in the day. Buuuut, apparently, you can get there even faster. How?! I spent levels 10-15 at the Training Center for Archers just outside of Henesys, and 16-20 at Golems a few maps away.

So how do I do this faster? If I dislike any range of levels, it's those before 3rd Job, and even more so those before 2nd Job. How do I get to Lv30 asap? I don't really care how boring the grinding is, I just want to get to 2nd Job as quickly as I possibly can. Does anyone have any tips for where one, more specifically an Archer, should train in order to accomplish this?

Also, if this includes PQs, then we should start up another list on that Nova thread for those interested in PQs. I'm going to be playing the whole day/night of Nova's release, so I should be able to get to KPQ status in a couple of hours, and in another couple be at Ludi PQ status... Or are PQs not very good for leveling anymore?

Thanks for any info.
    The quickest way for 10-20 would have to be 10-13/14 is quests, like job quests. Then 14-18 at Blue Ribbon pigs, then 18-25 at Golems ,you may miss a lot, but it's fast nonetheless.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

If you can get full chs of all Mushmoms, you can do 1-30 in about 2 hours.

Spoiler!

Ah, thanks.

Someone in-game was telling me about Blue Ribbon Pigs, but I had no idea where to find them. I guess I'll look in to that. And Golems sound good, perhaps they will be reminiscent of FoG - but at a much lower Level.

As a result of it being a within-24-hours-new server, I severely doubt I'd be able to accomplish killing even one... but Lv30 in 2 hours? Seriously? o_o Once again I say "wow".
    Last edited by Aeca; 26th June 2011 at 11:33 AM.
    W i n g

Quote Originally Posted by Aeca View Post
    Alright, thanks guys.

Someone in-game was telling me about Blue Ribbon Pigs, but I skipped out because I had no idea where to find them. I guess I'll look in to that. And Golems sound good, perhaps they will be reminiscent of FoG.

As a result of it being a within-24-hours-new server, I severely doubt I'd be able to accomplish killing even one... but Lv30 in 2 hours? Seriously? o_o Once again I say "wow".
    Blue pigs are a few maps right of natilus harbor, they're level 13 and they have a dense mob with a semi flat map, overall go exp until 20. Golems have a great minidungeon that can take you to at least 28, if not 33+

Thank you. I'll visit the Blue Ribbon pigs come Nova. As for the Golems, I've actually been training in that very map. :) I miss quite often, but, as Wyatt mentioned, it's still good training.
    W i n g

I point you to the guide section, and shove you to my guide too 0=)
    Spoiler!

My art blog

Even before big bang level 30 was easy to get in a couple hours.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

i'd start at pigs at lvl 11 and then either golems or skeletons at about lvl 17-18

Pigs at 11 usually occurs in a lot of misses. The exp isn't worth it at that level. Earliest pigs would be 13, thats when i go and i level like once every 5-10minutes until 20

BuckshotEye-8x Cannoneer
    Destresation- 8x Aran
    [05-06, 19:18] Tesiqurasa: jitenp is hot <----took you long enough