Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Clockwork's Guide to the Assassin

Too cool for bot zapping Clockwork's Avatar

Do you mean Shadow Shifter? If so, yes. Night Lords need the skill. It is one of the most important skills to have. Shadow Stars/Claw isn't as important because you'll get loads of time from just 10 points into the skill. As for why you don't see it in FM, I don't know. All mastery books are now only obtainable from mystery books.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
    Do you mean Shadow Shifter? If so, yes. Night Lords need the skill. It is one of the most important skills to have. Shadow Stars/Claw isn't as important because you'll get loads of time from just 10 points into the skill. As for why you don't see it in FM, I don't know. All mastery books are now only obtainable from mystery books.

Is shadow star is the same thing as shadow claw? because i don't see Shadow claw in my skill book.

Yes. Some people call it Shadow Claw but the actual skill name is Shadow Stars.

Hey do you suggest getting the Raven Horn set or no?
    Declare variables. Not war! =P

The Raven Horn set is a bit iffy. Everything except the cape requires 170 DEX, which means you'll need to be ridiculously funded to keep your base low (think cHTN + HTN). In addition, you'll have to godly scroll the overall in order to beat the double potential advantage of a top/bottom combo. At the very least, aim for the Raven cape and gloves.

Someone found that with a half-decent ATT overall, having the full set gives you more total damage than with a top/bottom apparently. This was on a warrior but their set also requires 170 DEX so take it as you will.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

So the cape and gloves are a must...alrighty then. And the DEX won't be a problem for me.

Someone found that with a half-decent ATT overall, having the full set gives you more total damage than with a top/bottom apparently.
    Care to show where you heard this? It's not that I don't trust you, I just like to see for myself.
    Declare variables. Not war! =P

Somewhere on Southperry or Sleepywood. It was a warrior that did it though, not sure if it translates the same way to Thieves (but I figure it would). Note that you'd have to have a decent amount of funding to get it to work, since you'd have to chaos your hat, overall, and cape for ATT.

Also remember that having the full set gives you an extra (total) 45 ATT, 30% Boss Damage, +20 All Stats, 15% HP/MP, and +2 to all your skills. Having one item short sets you back 30 ATT and 30% boss damage which is pretty huge.
    Last edited by emailbox; 4th March 2012 at 08:53 AM.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Quote Originally Posted by Immortek View Post
    So the cape and gloves are a must...alrighty then. And the DEX won't be a problem for me.
    The cape doesn't require stats and the gloves are currently the best gloves for a thief. Also, I'd recommend trying to get the boots as well if you can. That will give you the 3 set bonus without really sacrificing anything.

Just wanted to make a quick post to say:

Although this guide is getting outdated, it is still viable. It will remain viable until the major revamp for thieves (and pirates). Use what you can. I am more or less retired from MapleStory so there will be no future updates (unless I return).