Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Russ' Guide on Dragon Knights

Update

-fixed 4th job build yet again (levels were off ~_~)

o why get lvl 10 mw in the middle of 14x, when most people at lhc/boss have at least lvl 20 or 30 mw. kinda more useful to use those 10 points on something else

Spoiler!

Main skills to support self first > support others

ok so i decided to make a dark knight after reading this guide today (HackaKnighT) and im extremely mad right now... i am level 31 and for some reason i can not access my second job skills... every time i click on the II tab it disconnects my game and i have to re-log on!!@!@!@ WTF no matter how many times i try i can not access the skills.... im upset because i have put a massive amount of funding into this character already and i can not advance anymore! anyone know why this is? i have allocated only 30 points into my DEX and the rest are going into STR. someone please message me and let me know if its a glitch or what is going on here. im about to flash all of my drives this week, and i want to get the problem solved before then...

Never had that problem before. Probably a glitch, idk. -late-

---

update
    - changed 'Beholder' to 'Beholden' since that's the only change we got from legend [wtf is wrong with you legend update]
    Last edited by CVS; 3rd December 2011 at 08:21 AM.

If i wanted to have some dex (for the higher level items need them, should i do 2 dex 3 str?)

You can have 23 dex at most (which allows you to have 999 strength by level 200).

To best thing to do is rely on your equipment for the dex. Getting higher levelled equipment scrolled for dex, or dex equipment (such as Sharp Belts and Pauldrons instead of Tenacious), or both, will get you enough dex.

Don't rely on dex from potentials, it's a waste of lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Daishomaru View Post
    If i wanted to have some dex (for the higher level items need them, should i do 2 dex 3 str?)

You know, I already answered this if you bothered to read the section I wrote about for DEX.

Quote Originally Posted by CVS View Post
    DEX
    In the previous Pre-Big Bang era, DEX became a hype for warriors and was categorized into RegDEX, LowDEX, Dexless. DEX was a necessary stat that allowed warriors to have enough accuracy to kill certain mobs or go bossing. In the current Ascension era, DEX is no longer needed for accuracy because there is a new accuracy formula, but DEX is still needed to equip certain armor or weapons of choice. I recommend a Dexless build because DEX has a minuscule influence on accuracy, accuracy is now based on your current level at the moment, most equips require no DEX at all, and equips that give a high amount of DEX are enough to compensate for the lost DEX which makes following a RegDEX build a complete waste of time.

updating for Alliance Rising patch even though drks got no changes.

I just started a DK, first warrior class ive ever done (i've played MS on and off for about 4 years now) and I gotta say I love this guide. If I may though, the training locations are a bit outdated. Unless it's just me, NLC cant be gotten to unless you're level 30+ so rotting skeles are out (or if you have a family member to tele you maybe??). Mixed golems are also outdated. With the cannoneer class came like 4-6 maps (acc?) which include starfish and jellyfish. The cool jellyfish on the map just before florina beach (sorry... i tend not to pay attention to the names although it's easily found) give 56 exp each compared to golems at 50 exp ea, and the spawn is just as good if not better, i literally go from blue ribbon pigs straight to the jelly's until level 30 (of course if you're not funded you may want to progress steadily through these maps {pigs --> starfish ---> cool jellyfish} or you could end up losing all ur pots n mesos.) Not sure if it's already been pointed out, but that's my experience with locales. From there everything seems to be spot on. Can't wait to see what else you got comin'!