Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blankaex's Gimp Tutorials

kinda made the bottom still be a bit dark, 'cus more white was bothering me since it was already bright/white in general.
    Last edited by CVS; 10th September 2011 at 03:29 AM.

Just had a look at your file. Gimp can read PSD's, but the blending modes revert to default when those modes aren't available in Gimp. Probably Color Dodge. But yeah, I could get the basic idea. Your work is pretty neat, compared to mine, actually. :P

You got the fractals pretty dead-on. Worked pretty well, but you shouldn't use the same fractal twice, even if it's a different colour. You overlayed red and blue to make purple, why not just make one purple one?

Oh that sucks. What do you mean by neat? It just looked like I just blotted random things everywhere.

For the fractals, I was thinking of using a second one for the red, but none of them blended that great so I just used the same one. I don't like having too direct of a color because I wanted the background color to match their hairs but put them in the opposite sides. Both sides seem to be a visible purple but it's because both colors overlayed and mixed compared to the middle where you can see the red and blue clearly but gradually mix together.
    Last edited by CVS; 10th September 2011 at 03:34 AM.

Yeah I get what you were doing, and it did turn out pretty awesomely. Neat as in your layers are all organised and everything. My work is all messy, with like over 100 layers per piece. 90 of those are usually hidden or blank.

Your current personal sig looks pretty awesome as well, though again, pretty big. F3.

Oh, you should've seen how many test layers I had before I deleted all of them...

NO KILLING BEAUTIFUH RENDERSSSSS. The only reason this one had to be that size was 'cus of the dum render. It was more of a square-rectangle than a normal rectangle so it was harder to find the right size.

--

more stuffs.

Last edited by CVS; 11th September 2011 at 01:02 PM.

New sig is nice, but maybe go for a greyscale background instead? The render is mainly white and grey, with a bit of black, except the eyes. Then you have the eyes as the focus point, being the only thing that is red. You could also try brightening up the eyes. Make a new layer, paint red over where the eyes are and set it to Dodge.

Spoiler!

Good enough for a first time serious-serious.

Using the first page's method
    by Cryopon

Looks like the tutorial was followed exactly. The sig is pretty decent, but the render doesn't look blended very well. I didn't explain anything about that, though, so I guess it's pretty good. I see you're using it as your personal signature. If you send me the Gimp file, I can touch it up a bit for you.

Quote Originally Posted by blankaex View Post
    New sig is nice, but maybe go for a greyscale background instead? The render is mainly white and grey, with a bit of black, except the eyes. Then you have the eyes as the focus point, being the only thing that is red. You could also try brightening up the eyes. Make a new layer, paint red over where the eyes are and set it to Dodge.
    It turned white and grey after I put a gradient on it. I did make more black for the background color but it looked terribad. I did make the eyes brighter since they weren't even close to red after the gradient.

Quote Originally Posted by blankaex View Post
    Looks like the tutorial was followed exactly. The sig is pretty decent, but the render doesn't look blended very well. I didn't explain anything about that, though, so I guess it's pretty good. I see you're using it as your personal signature. If you send me the Gimp file, I can touch it up a bit for you.
    Indeed. Except I used Color Balance on the background and a little of Color Balance and Hue-Saturation on my render to try and blend it.
    by Cryopon