Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I/L - what's the point of Ifrit / Elquines?

Icon1 I/L - what's the point of Ifrit / Elquines?

Post BB our main skill is Chain Lightning.

It only shoots in one direction - the direction you are facing.

So, you clear maps from side to side ...

and, meanwhile, there's this big, lumbering do-nothing hugging your shoulder ... behind you ... where there is no enemey ...

What am I missing? Why does every guide say to put points into this?

Maybe so you can focus on attacking one side, and let it take care of whatever's behind you? I can think of situations like in LHC where you're attacking a group rushed against a wall and there's another one spawned behind you.

It's just an extra damage skill really. When CL's maxed out and Big Bang has 1 point in it there's not much else attacking wise you can do. With Ascension F/Ps get more attacking options I think so it's less of a problem for them.
    Spoiler!

My art blog

Thunder God

After Ascention, the skill also gives you Elemental Resistance. Mages used to have Partial Resistance in 3rd job. Partial resistance is removed, but the functionality is added to Ifrit/Elquines. (you get 40% passive resistance at max level.)

Personally, I think Ifrit/Elquines are a total waste for training. They are most useful at bosses where they can just continually attack.

I agree with Thorr. In fact, I took points out of it at Ascension in order to put points into the new stuff. I only summon Ifrit at bosses for extra damage, or if I suddenly remember it. Otherwise, right now at level 191, it's the last thing that I'm putting points into (still debating Hero's Will).

Quote Originally Posted by Mabukid View Post
    the point of Ifrit / Elquines is to increase diversity in the maple world by adding more possibilities
    And yet, Maple is still amazingly simple.

Press Booton to win, RPG in its simplest form.

How to win Maple:

1. Pay Cash.
    2. Win.

Thunder God

Quote Originally Posted by RedGodofFire View Post
    I agree with Thorr. In fact, I took points out of it at Ascension in order to put points into the new stuff. I only summon Ifrit at bosses for extra damage, or if I suddenly remember it. Otherwise, right now at level 191, it's the last thing that I'm putting points into (still debating Hero's Will).
    No, you don't agree with me at all. While I don't USE Elquines very much, I still have it maxed because it is 40% damage reduction against Ice and Lightning attacks (passively). I am at 192 and my dump skill is Big Bang. It's not very useful as an I/L at all. My final build will be all maxed except for Big Bang.

@163, I took points out of elquines for arcane aim.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100