Thread: How to prepaer for Chaos patch?

Default How to prepaer for Chaos patch?

Over here in MapleSEA we will be getting the chaos patch on 19th October.

I am level 136 I/L. Is there any preparation I should do - whether for me specifically or just advice in general?

Any equips to buy or sell, or items? For instance, I understand that the item maker skill vanishes or changes greatly. I have a some advanced garnets which can FM for 40m; should I dump them before they become worthless? Will anything shoot up in price?

Thnaks for any tips

Too cool for bot zapping Clockwork's Avatar

The maker skill is removed completely. Professions replace it. Any grade of gems or crystals (beginner, intermediate, advanced) will be worthless. Sell any that you can and just dump the rest. Monster crystals also become worthless because the new recipes use item crystals which are different. So sell any of them that you can too. Hoard bronze and adamantium plates and ore if you can. They are necessary to make Angelic Bless rings and you should be able to make a decent amount when AB recipes start flooding the market.

And I could be mistaken on this one but I believe the drop rate for PoTs gets increased so sell any that you have now for higher profit.

Prepare for pvp hackers
    [21-11, 13:19] Tesiqurasa: so do their guns
    [21-11, 13:19] Bishopz: Al qaeda has a magazine.

Thanks, that's some useful feedback.

Hmmm, no item maker ... all my equips are reverse; I have a bud who is level 105 and won't make 120 in time to make. What replaces reverse/eternal?

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

Also, with the new professions. Is there a best" - in the sense of the one which can make the most mesos?

Too cool for bot zapping Clockwork's Avatar

All equips can still be made but you need the blacksmith profession. The higher level items require a recipe and a high level of blacksmithing.

There really is no best profession. Alchemy can make item crystals/extractors for a nice profit because the other professions need item crystals but cannot make them on their own. Accessory crafting can make money because of high level rings, belts, etc. Blacksmiting can make money because they can make high level equipments. So it really depends.

Quote Originally Posted by mawg View Post
    Thanks, that's some useful feedback.

Hmmm, no item maker ... all my equips are reverse; I have a bud who is level 105 and won't make 120 in time to make. What replaces reverse/eternal?

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

Also, with the new professions. Is there a best" - in the sense of the one which can make the most mesos?
    The equips people are crazy about are the rising sun set, it gives a very good set bonus I believe. And I think 140 equips are the highest but you gotta beat Cygnus for recipes for the weapons themselves
    [21-11, 13:19] Tesiqurasa: so do their guns
    [21-11, 13:19] Bishopz: Al qaeda has a magazine.

Notes about professions:
    As long as you have access to all the professions yourself you shouldn't have to worry too much. Something to bare in mind is that professions are partnered with other professions.
    Alchemy + Herbalism
    Blacksmithing + Mining
    Accessory Crafting + Mining

The easiest way to level up your profession skills will be to spam create the easier things. For example for Alchemists it would be potion making, Blacksmithing would be Arrow crafting, and Accessory Crafting would be basic ring making.

Make sure your characters have plenty of ETC space, as ores and herbs fill them up VERY fast.
    Professions are really simple and easy to learn yourself.
    Spoiler!

My art blog

I'd personally recommend making some reverse items to sell while the market is dry of them (during the transition to professions). I also highly recommend making a mule for each profession. Focus on blacksmithing first and smith arrows to get level 9 as soon as you can. The reverse prices at the beginning of chaos were extremely high, especially for highly desired items such as 1h swords and pescases. I'd also get accessory crafting to 4 and hunt some Angelic Bless Recipes.

In GMS, Master Death Teddies dropped them. My friend hunted them the first week of chaos. The first recipe sold in our world went for 1 bil, he sold the second one in our world for 500 mil and the rest of his for 300. It's a fast way to make large amounts of money ._.

Smithing in the long run nets you the most mesos. Ores are easily available since everyone chooses either smithing/crafting and the items you make are much more desirable than the occasional belt.

Also, if your mapleSEA hasn't already disabled ore drops from monsters, start buying them up. They'll inflate greatly after chaos. Mainly looking at the smithing ores used for popular items so... Bronze/Adamantinum, Black/Dark Crystals, maybe some Lidium will no undoubtedly rise. Other ores will rise as well, although not as much as these guys.
    RangedMint ~ 200 BowMaster <3 ~ Kradia
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Maplestory Goals
    [x] Reach Level 70 on RangedMint [12/31/2010] 120 [1/1/2011] BM [x] Max SE [x] 165 [2/20/2012] 200 [7/21/2013] MintehBear 120 [] Corsair [] Paladin [] Shadower
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Quote Originally Posted by Phazonkirby View Post
    Notes about professions:
    As long as you have access to all the professions yourself you shouldn't have to worry too much. Something to bare in mind is that professions are partnered with other professions.
    Alchemy + Herbalism
    Blacksmithing + Mining
    Accessory Crafting + Mining

The easiest way to level up your profession skills will be to spam create the easier things. For example for Alchemists it would be potion making, Blacksmithing would be Arrow crafting, and Accessory Crafting would be basic ring making.

Make sure your characters have plenty of ETC space, as ores and herbs fill them up VERY fast.
    Professions are really simple and easy to learn yourself.
    Regarding this, you may want to make an extra character or two to dump herbs or ores on, in case you need inventory space. It made life so much easier for me with a mule character, but with a 4 slot storage, that may be quite painful. I have 12 slots in my storage though, so I'm good. 6400 NX for permanent +8 storage slots in that world is worth it.