Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Questions Regarding Bishop Skills

Thunder God

If you had taken our advice years ago, then you would not be in your position. This outrageous "HP Bishop" build you went for is now proving everything we ever told you. You -will- be weak. You -will- be unable to survive. You went for all this HP, but in the end you have less life than the rest of us and FAR less strength.

Nothing in the silent crusade is at all difficult. The baby Arkarium is not a real boss either. All of them are weaker than Manon and Griffey.

I posted the exact drop rate formula on this forum when it was enacted, but in effect, once you are 5 levels over your target you will lose experience and money. Once you hit 15 levels over your target, the only thing that will drop from a mob is the Etc drop and any quest items. Items and money go away completely. Once you are 15 levels over your target, your experience will drop to 40% of the original number. (It doesn't go below 40%) Of course, if you were normally built, you'd be killing mobs HIGHER than your level at all times and you wouldn't ever need to worry about this. Mobs over lvl 150 are not affected by these penalties.

I have another friend who is an Archer. He is afraid to spend money. He always has been. He isn't the greatest of players, so he tends to get killed more often than most. He spends all of his time trying NOT to spend potion money. He trains in areas far below his level just so he doesn't get killed. He uses potions that are way underclassed for him just because they are largely free drops. The result? He can't boss to save his own life. He is friggin 150+ and still dies on normal Zak runs. (I tried to do zak runs with him so we could get an AR skill book. He never survived.) He relies on his dodging to survive, but it fails him every time. Instead of having potions that will allow him to survive with 1 drink, he constantly 2 or 3-pots himself, resulting in death constantly. If he would buy real potions and train at his own level, he would start MAKING money. The drops WILL outweigh your pot use. He doesn't get that, and it appears that you don't get it either. He continues to be afraid to spend money on potions because he is afraid to go broke.

Now, shut up and buy real potions. Pick up your drops and your money situation will be just fine. Your damage situation is pathetic, though. You will need exceptional potential just to get back to AVERAGE.

And if you are looking for a Ghost town to train in, you will need to get yourself to Skele level (a normal bishop could do this at 140+). Then you can train in the mini-dungeon all you want.
    Last edited by Thorr; 2nd July 2012 at 07:24 AM.

But Bishop is the only class that is not depended on HP. We have heal, mages are basically MP eaters

Yes, they do. If you are a bishop and you happen to only have 2000 HP, if you forgot MG chances are you're going down in one hit. No amount of heal will save you now.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Using magic guard is a must, if you forget turn on magic shell (?) and then mg yourself. That's how I do it to risk dying

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Thorr, suck it. I don't need know-it-all lectures and I told you sos. I can beat Manon and Griffey if these are real bosses, and I can beat most of the Crusade bosses easy, if not for the time limit. I can beat Timekeeper Nex, and I only really run into problems with Papu and Pianus in the damage department (since they heal and use stuff like Magic Defend), not in terms of survival. I'm not afraid of using pots, and I'm not afraid of using MG. I'm afraid of relying on MG. I'm not stopping, and I'm gonna continue to level for as long as I can. Get over yourself, and your one-true-build mentality. I wanna do it this way, that's up to me.

I'm looking at the list of enemies about my level (lack of familiarity is the bulk of the reason I don't know about them). I've beaten Red Wyvern and Cerberus that's pretty close to where I am now, so I dunno what you're whining about. And I've beaten Memory Monks, that's beyond my level. AND I've mobbed on Transforming Jr Newties, using SR.

My only question is how I managed to get less than the average HP, because that's messed up. Does int build somehow affect this?

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

No, but being able to afford equips does affect your total HP since soooo many equips give +HP now. Also, mages gain virtually no HP from AP, so washing will give an unbelievably minimal boost. I probably get the same (if not bigger) boost from a single Evolving Ring.

MP is affected by it (in more than one way). Magic Guard displaces 85% of damage taken to MP, and the only reason that is currently giving you any trouble is because you likely have an extremely low MP. For most mages, MP is pretty much equivalent to HP, and becomes extremely cheap to recover with %pots.
    1. You've reset out of MP, and mages lose a great deal of MP from washing (and in return gain almost no HP). Because of this, washing a mage basically means you're just draining total life.
    2. Since so much of your AP has gone into your HP, your INT is also extremely low. I'm going to be blunt, but please don't take this as being mean. 722 is unbelievably low for level 133. It wouldn't even be average from back before potential stats and all of these new equips came out. This means you don't gain as much MP as you should be, and though the difference is minimal level to level, it really adds up over time.

Upgrading HP on a mage is even more pointless than before because you can obtain SOOO much HP as it is. Rings, card decks, medals, accessories now give huge boosts.

Spoiler!

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Comments in plum.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    No, but being able to afford equips does affect your total HP since soooo many equips give +HP now. Also, mages gain virtually no HP from AP, so washing will give an unbelievably minimal boost. I probably get the same (if not bigger) boost from a single Evolving Ring.

I know. I send a sample picture of myself totally naked, unbuffed, and buffed to White Mage. The difference given between naked (roughly 2600 hp), unbuffed (about +500 to +800 in hp equips), and buffed with Advanced Bless 10 (I'm roughly 3785 hp) is pretty extreme.

And... I know. If I ever do decide to nix Quiannu for a new build with more mp or at least not mp washed into hp since I can stand being a little weaker but the mp lack means I literally can't do things any other way (I'm gonna buy AR, Scissors it and put it into storage while I evaluate), I'd probably just decide to go with equips only. 5-10 hp per time, I must've washed nearly 100 times.

MP is affected by it (in more than one way). Magic Guard displaces 85% of damage taken to MP, and the only reason that is currently giving you any trouble is because you likely have an extremely low MP. For most mages, MP is pretty much equivalent to HP, and becomes extremely cheap to recover with % pots.
    1. You've reset out of MP, and mages lose a great deal of MP from washing (and in return gain almost no HP). Because of this, washing a mage basically means you're just draining total life.
    2. Since so much of your AP has gone into your HP, your INT is also extremely low. I'm going to be blunt, but please don't take this as being mean. 722 is unbelievably low for level 133. It wouldn't even be average from back before potential stats and all of these new equips came out. This means you don't gain as much MP as you should be, and though the difference is minimal level to level, it really adds up over time.

I prefer your bluntness to Thorr's preachiness any day of the month. I'm trying to figure out what if anything I could actually transfer to a new mage, since some of the Maple 7th stuff seems to be untradeable even with scissors of karma (*******s). If it's too little to make a sizeable difference, that means starting almost completely without resources, which is a real pain.

Upgrading HP on a mage is even more pointless than before because you can obtain SOOO much HP as it is. Rings, card decks, medals, accessories now give huge boosts.

Yea, I use them all. Any AP I put into future mages would likely be just enough to supplement current hp equips. And definitely no more mp-draining for me.

Every mage needs to rely on MG, it's a skill mages need to use. And by not using MG, you are most likely to die

Mages rely on MG nearly the same way people rely on fresh air to live.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

How in the hell is Thorr preaching? You just don't want to listen to him. You don't want to listen to anyone. Stop being so stubborn.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward