Thread: Firefox/Pale Moon Issue

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

Default Firefox/Pale Moon Issue

You know how add-ons will sometimes make a function button available for you to add to your navigation bar? Well after I updated two extensions in my Pale Moon (a derivative that's nigh identical to Firefox) browser, those buttons don't show up at all.
    The add-ons still take effect, and their submenus in the Tools list in the menu bar still exist, but I can't find the buttons for them. I've tried resetting the Toolbars Layout, going in and out of safe mode disabling and enabling add-ons and themes, and individually (for the most part) disabling/re-enabling or installing/uninstalling add-ons to see if they would show up again under RMB > Customize... > Customize Toolbar window, but none of that has worked.

tl;too lazy to read: the buttons that add-ons should be making available in the RMB -> Customize window do not exist (or show up) at all.

Please help. Even google isn't doing any good.
    Last edited by Megadeus; 18th November 2011 at 01:12 AM.
    Well isn't that interesting?
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

I don't have Pale Moon, but in Firefox it should be as simple as right mouse button -> Customize, and then dragging whichever button you want onto the toolbar.

Only other idea I have would be to maybe restart your browser, but you've probably already done that.

EDIT: maybe a corrupt user profile? http://www.palemoon.org/troubleshoot...-ons_dont_work
    Last edited by DDrgn; 18th November 2011 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DDrgn View Post
    I don't have Pale Moon, but in Firefox it should be as simple as right mouse button -> Customize, and then dragging whichever button you want onto the toolbar.

Only other idea I have would be to maybe restart your browser, but you've probably already done that.
    Yes... I've done that. And my issue is that the buttons that add-ons should be making available in the RMB -> Customize window do not exist (or show up) at all.
    I'll add this to the top.
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

Check my edit. :)

Check my edit. :)
    Trying this right now.
    I really don't want to switch the Opera as my main browser because I like how light on my system Pale Moon is (despite Opera overall functioning better). Yes this is illogical.

Ok I'm not doing something right, because whenever I try Step 2, I either get a regular opening of Pale Moon, or nothing at all. Also, trying it in Command Prompt (cmd.exe) doesn't do anything.
    Last edited by Megadeus; 18th November 2011 at 01:29 AM.

Okay, since the command line isn't working try this:

0) Create a shortcut of palemoon.exe, if you don't have one already.
    1) Right click on the shortcut of Pale Moon, and select "Properties."
    2) Under the Shortcut tab, add " -p"(no quotes) to the end of the Target path, after the end quotation mark. (Ex. "C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe" -p)
    3) Click Apply, then OK.
    4) Run the shortcut, and it should open the profile manager for Pale Moon.

Hope this helps!

Source: http://www.windowsbbs.com/firefox-th...tml#post519912
    Last edited by DDrgn; 18th November 2011 at 02:07 AM.

Well, looks like I'm switching over to Opera as my main browser.
    That last action got rid of everything I had on Pale Moon. I DID back up my all-important book marks, but unfortunately not enough times. So now I'm left with a Pale Moon that has none of the familiarity I had with it. Now I'm in the process of transferring all my saved logins to Opera. I'm still keeping Pale Moon around because
    1) Being Opera, not everything will support it (Even if Opera supports Site X)
    2) I never really warmed up to using Chrome, IE is still turdsticks, and FireFox 8 just for some reason refuses to flat-out run.
    3) I'm already learning to use Opera anyways
    4) I'm liking Opera more and more as I use it

Thanks for the help anyways guys.

Use lynx and go surf the web text only!

Is DD the new tech support mod :D? Can I go back to being lazy again :D?

Quote Originally Posted by Dae314 View Post
    What? nonononononono. You are still needed!
    I just thought I could've helped Mega out. Sorry to hear that it didn't quite work. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Dae314 View Post
    Use lynx and go surf the web text only!

>text only web browsing
    >visual-based communication medium
    >ohshtwhatreyoudoing.png

What? nonononononono. You are still needed!
    I just thought I could've helped Mega out. Sorry to hear that it didn't quite work. :(
    This has now resulted in an awkward situation in which Opera is my main (read: has all my site membership logins saved) browser, whereas Pale Moon is still set as my computer's default internet browser as well as being repurposed for a specific other purpose.
    Minds out of the gutter please, not that kind of a purpose.
    And I loved my Pale Moon so much. I'd spent so much time handcrafting it with add ons and themes to be my very special browser. I mastered using it. I got it to have a beautiful theme that also gave me only 2cm of wasted screen real estate. I liked that theme too... a dark gray with blue accent tones on active selections... But I will move on. To new ground. To Opera.
    Pirating songs and videos off of youtube, namely.