• dae314 is hawt

4 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Soluto

Default Soluto

I was browsing lifehacker and today I stumbled on a pretty neat-o program

Soluto

basically what it is is a program for windows that:
    1. looks at how long booting takes and how much time each individual start up program takes. By disabling things like steam and whatnot from start up, I managed to (according to Soluto), cut my boot time from 3:26 to 1:54

2: it can also manage your web browser's add-ons (chrome and FF) and tells you what you can easily disable for faster booting.

3: crash reports. We all know the windows crash reports that we absolutely love, well this one *apparently* gets rid of that and shows solutions to the problems. It records the crash and matches it with their database. I haven't had any experience with it yet as I just installed in 5 minutes ago. Nonetheless, lifehacker gave it the thumbs up.

here is their article: http://lifehacker.com/5805329/soluto...pen?tag=soluto

have fun
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyAwake View Post
    This thread quickly turned into who all wants to sex up Merciless.

500mb required
    by Cryopon

stop trying

Quote Originally Posted by rasudoken View Post
    500mb required
    Mine's taking up 36.3mb.

Dunno how well it's working so far but we'll see over time.

I've been using this program for about a year now. Almost everything it does can be done by anyone who has enough knowledge, but I do like to use soluto's startup timer as a boot benchmark. I've recommended this program in a couple places in the tech support forum before. It's worth noting the list of programs on the bottom of the boot parsing screen which are programs which Soluto can't touch (yet). There's kind of a lot of them still which is a bit disappointing...

Soluto's still in Beta and the crash database is still being built so you can't really expect much from that area, and in my experience your web browser isn't affected very much by disabling addons (unless you happen to have like 30 on your browser for some reason).

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

"By disabling things from the startup..."

You realize you can do that without a program right? Just having a program that looks at stuff with added space needs is not efficient.

Instead of that, you should download maplestory. And then reverse-engineer it to be a debugger for you (with cute and handy slime icons).

Don't have a custom title so this space will have to do

How funny that a program meant to increase efficiency by trimming startup proceedings is in itself a program that noticeably eats resources.

Click the above free music i am so artist
    Spoiler!

Interesting program, but it sounds like something that would extend my boot time.
    Gone with the wind

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    "By disabling things from the startup..."

You realize you can do that without a program right? Just having a program that looks at stuff with added space needs is not efficient.

Instead of that, you should download maplestory. And then reverse-engineer it to be a debugger for you (with cute and handy slime icons).
    this I understand, but soluto measures how much time each program takes to start up. It is not simply another startup manager
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyAwake View Post
    This thread quickly turned into who all wants to sex up Merciless.