Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~Post your PC startup times~

Default ~Post your PC startup times~

I'm not sure if this is an okay section for this, as I can imagine an instant derail in tomato island. I was curious how fast all of your guys' computers are for startup. I suppose Macs can count too, but i don't know much of anything about them.
    I know this seems random, but I'll be using this to post my personal best times.

Some guidelines:

• This has to be a NORMAL startup. You can't disable items or services to make it faster.
    • You need to post your operating system, and if you don't mind, computer specs. (RAM, CPU, GPU, etc.)
    • Keep the times real guys, I am pretty sure you can't get a 2 second startup.
    • The time you count is AFTER your initial motherboard boot screen, when the "Starting Windows" appears.

With that said, I'm on the Phenom II x4 975 cpu (3.6ghz) Radeon 5570, and 5gb of DDR3 1333mhz ram, with Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.
    My record time so far is roughly 17 seconds from "Starting Windows" to fully working. (All programs / services that are normally on are started)

How about you?
    If you're not sure how to time it, use your cell phone, watch or other external clock, and either digitally watch it, or use the seconds / minutes hand on your clock.

7-10 seconds
    Phenom II x6 2.8 GHz
    GTX 560 TI
    8 GB DDR3 RAM
    Win 7 64 bit
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

Why ?
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    Nice. We might as well post what is in our "Uninstall programs" list, or just upload our Program Files folder.
    What a dumb thread. What's the point?

I voted no.
    I swear to ****ing god, if somebody seriously thinks they don't have a "registry", they're pretty ****ing stupid.

- - - -
    Takes me maybe between 30 seconds and 2 minutes (my sense of time is different every time I turn on my computer). Although this doesn't include the time it takes to stabilize everything (meaning no star-up lag or lag).
    by Cryopon

To do that, I'll have to restart my PC and everything, and I'm too lazy. I do other stuff while my PC starts up anyways, and it's always at the login screen by the time I get back to the computer.

I'll just say like 20-30-ish seconds.
    「僕たちの前にはいまだ巨大すぎる人生が、茫漠とした時間がどうしようもなく横たわっていた。 」
    "We live in a very special time: the only time where we can observationally verify that we live at a very special time." -Lawrence Krauss

Instead of making everyone jump through all those hoops, just have everyone who wants to benchmark their startup install Soluto, disable whatever programs they want to disable and use the Soluto startup timer. It's a fair benchmark since the timing is done consistently, and even if Soluto takes a couple seconds of start up time, every person recording a startup benchmark with Soluto will record that same extra startup time so it's an even field. You can even time multiple startups (after installing updates of any sort there's usually some extra startup time) to get a good consistent average.

On an average startup, I do ~1:00 however I've gone as low as 0:45 and as high as 4:00 all done with Soluto.

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    Why ?
    asking why talk about a tech related subject in the tech section.
    What.

It takes me a good 10 seconds to get everything started. I'm too lazy to find out everything else.

Tech support section.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    Tech support section.
    Spoiler!

Everything about everything I've ever known is wrong.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!