Thread: SO much wasted time..

Default SO much wasted time..

This is purely a rant about today. There is no need to post here.

get out.

Today, my new motherboard arrives .I am VERY excited about it. So, we open it up, get it all together, and grab my PC. Tear my PC apart, and go to put the new mobo in. It doesn't fit. (Some components in the way, it is a low profile case.)
    So, this was expected. We had a work around. We tear apart another PC, and get that case. We put the mobo in that case, and after about 20 minutes of tweaking, it fit fine. No hang, no loose, not too tight.
    So we transfer the rest of my PC in to that case. Nothing went wrong, and everything fit in nicely. Plus I get green LEDs inside my PC. (See-through side panel with LED cooling fan!)
    Now, the mobo arrived at 2:30, and it is now 5:30 after tearing apart two computers, transferring parts, and doing chores at 5:00. We go to start the PC, and it attempts to load Windows. It fails. It's because other mobo drivers were installed. This was completely expected, and we knew what to do if it happened. Reinstall Windows. So, we put the CD in, and it doesn't want to boot it. HP is terrible. It won't let us boot the CD. So it goes in to endless loop of start, blue screen, restart, blue screen, etc. So, we spend an hour or so trying to figure it out. Why won't it boot it. We tried a CD, Flash drive, and such. Now it is 6:30. At about 7:00. We decide to switch the Hard drives to another one laying around. It works, and Windows 7 starts installing. After about 40 minutes, Windows is fully installed. So now it's about 7:40. But now here's the problem. The PC won't let CDs start, and it won't let me install drivers to my internet adapter. We don't have an Ethernet router, either, so we can't plug directly in to it. If I can't get my internet, I can't get my video card drivers. So I downloaded the drivers for my internet adapter from another PC, and installed them like that. It's now about 8:00. Get internet, and halfway through downloading the video card adapters, my brother decides to haul my PC to his house. (He's got GOOD internet) So I download all my updates, drivers ,and such. Steam games, Vegas Pro, etc.
    It's now 2:30 AM as I write this to you. 12 hours ago my mobo arrived, only at about 9:30 PM was my PC functional.

What a long, and annoying day. I'm NOT doing this again.

/endrant.

Can't complain too much it actually works now!

Yeah, it works now, but that was too much of a hassle. I expected SOME problems, but everything that could have gone wrong, did. BUT I everything is fine now, so I'm happy.

After buying completely new parts and new case, I kinda know how you feel. It had been a while since i'd built a pc, so it was quite the process. Totally worth the effort after it's all done :)