Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using An Empty House for what it's meant for.

If you have not noticed... there are no post counts in empty house

Empty house is empty until its residents come home.
    [21-11, 13:19] Tesiqurasa: so do their guns
    [21-11, 13:19] Bishopz: Al qaeda has a magazine.

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blankaex View Post
    @Wyatt, I did tell her, slightly sugar coated. Sort of. In a sense that tried to make her feel bad, but she just sounded pissed.

@CLL, she's inhuman until I think otherwise. Which will probably be by tomorrow morning.

@PR, agreed with everything you said. Empathy is much appreciated.
    The above people are partially right, everyone's parents have bad moments. But let's examine this post if what he's saying is true. He mentioned that his mom made him pay for her shopping. Normally, a parent pays for their children (considered either generous or expected, depending on how spoiled the child is), or insists they pay their own way giving them an allowance. Here, though, you have the situation turned on its head and mom is mooching. What if someone had a job that they worked hard for, and rather than use it to pay rent (which actually might be a justifiable reason a parent would borrow their children's money) they spend it on lottery tickets? Then there's point two, that this person is seemingly apathetic on their kid's health and well-being. Conclusion? This person is no Mom. And no parent either.

Ditch her and hang out with your friends. They're your family.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    Here, though, you have the situation turned on its head and mom is mooching. What if someone had a job that they worked hard for, and rather than use it to pay rent (which actually might be a justifiable reason a parent would borrow their children's money) they spend it on lottery tickets? Then there's point two, that this person is seemingly apathetic on their kid's health and well-being. Conclusion? This person is no Mom. And no parent either.

Ditch her and hang out with your friends. They're your family.
    well. i assume he doesn't have to pay for rent or for food, or for her transportation services (whenever she drives him places). so she still is the one providing for him on all the other levels.
    also you don't hear the mom's side of the story. what if she repaid him the next day?

also your mom's fears about x-rays might be justified. Look: http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/CancerC...ure-and-cancer
    Specifically, Ionizing radiation .

i disagree with your conclusion, bulma. she hasn't disowned him yet right? and he hasn't been emancipated. she's still his mother. a mom is more than just a money provider. :|

hehehe

solelygrace+saiarain <3

I'm aware that whatever she says about the X-Rays is partially true, but I'd rather make sure that there's nothing wrong with my bones and be exposed to a few seconds of radiation rather than not be able to walk properly next year. She didn't repay me.

Whenever she drives him places
    What a joke. Who drives in Japan?

Anyway, Bulma is right for the most part, she just does a ton of stupid things more often than most people. Usually because of money. She doesn't even work and mooches off my dad. But usually she's just an average mum.

Parents are average people like me and you.

Whenever I complain like this, I think of explaining it to others. After listening to myself, I realize it sounds VERY (lots of emphasis on very) childish and immature. I'm not trying to be an ass, but it just seems like you're complaining about how she isn't paying for things you apparently need/want, and then you go on to say life would probably be better without her. You are saying you want her to die because she isn't dropping everything in the palm of your hand. Not going to work in real life.

Time for the cliche lines... but come on. They have spent more money on you and have sacrificed more than you can imagine, and have cared for you for a long time. But you can't handle having to buy something once and wait in the cold for a while. The least you can do is a favor every once in a while. I don't know the full story, so who knows.

As you said, you'll read your post later and realize you've made a fool of yourself.