Thread: CDFDad

Default CDFDad

Nothing new here, for those who have been here forever.

I'm not sure if this is just him getting old, but CDFDad has become something of a whiny child. I have tried again and again to give him the respect that he demands, and it might work out well for a day, but then he starts becoming a whiny brat again and we're stuck in a position worse then before.

Like, seriously, are you going to yell at me because I said "ass" to my brother? I'm not complaining because "OMG I'M AN ADULT, I CAN SAY WHATEVER I WANT", but because you're so much of a pottymouth yourself. I don't care if it's the fact that you were born in Michigan, but seriously, if you're going to have us be the nice G-Rated language family you want, then maybe you should shut your mouth and think about what you're saying. Think back on your own actions, and just realize "Crap, I messed up"

And also, you're not always right. You're 50 years old and you act like you're 70, you're going to forget so many things at times. Hell, you don't even know what instrument I play in band! You don't know what I buy when I go to a store that we go to on a weekly basis. You don't know what time I get home every week. You don't know what classes I'm taking at school. Hell, you don't even know what grade I'm in, or how old I am! (All of this totally confimed, by the way. He forced me to talk with him, and give him the "game plan" for the week, and yadda yadda yadda, he screwed up big time).

I have huge respect for my mother? Why? First of all, she traveled from an impoverished family in Guatemala, living away from her mother who had sneaked into the border to support for her family (Yes, my grandmother was an illegal immigrant, oh no, aah, call the police), came to the United States, learned English while being taken out of classes to help other Spanish speaking students (Because there was no ELA thing at her school), went to college, and is now working a stable job, still sacrificing as much as she can for her family. When she talks, she is loving and caring, but knows when to discipline, and even then, she's not some sort of BS yeller who doesn't get crap done, but rather a person who will speak in a stern voice, rarely yelling (which is incredibly scary), and she will fix your ass up. Even if she was some rich girl from California, I still would have quite a bit of respect for her. Now my dad, he's some sort of country boy from Michigan. He was a total nerd and had to get his older brother to beat people up for him because he was so pathetic. He had few friends and pretty much was one of the first obsessive computer nerds of his time. He eventually moved to California and pretty much only married my mom because some dude at work was like "Do it", and I'm pretty sure my mom only married him because he had money at the time, and she was still trying to make money to get out of the poverty she was in. Now, although I appreciate how hard he works to support our family, that seems to be the only thing he's good at. He spends hours and hours working so we can live a decent middle class life, which I do appreciate, but he loses all sorts of respect from me because his personality is simply terrible. He is selfish at home, he is hypocritical, he is unsupportive, and he is just overall dislikable.

I really don't feel like writing a huge thing of crap, because I'm pretty much just repeating myself. I'm not expecting any sort of solution to be created, but seriously, I wish that my dad could fix these terrible things that makes me lose respect for him. I've tried so much to show respect for him, even ignoring all of the things I've stated above, even telling him "Hey, please fix these things", but he has ignored me much too long, and it's gone on for too long! Maybe I'll start respecting him if he puts some effort into having a relationship with his son, because let me tell you, once I'm out of his control, I refuse to re-enter that control. I would be happy to take care of my mother when she needs me to support her, weather its old age or injury, but as of now, if my dad doesn't get his act clean, my doors are closed to him.
    Hey cools I don't have a spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by pWnZIngY0U34 View Post
    mayB try bigfoot. its godd exp to lvl up with

ops i mean good*
    Quote Originally Posted by xtreme702 View Post
    CDFA's just a total dumbass half the forum knows that by now...

I'm not particularly in the same boat as you, but I somewhat agree with what you're saying. Working hard for the family is usually never a bad thing, but what's the point of it if you're not bonding with your kids or being a good dad to your kids?

From your descriptions of your father, I can understand why you have no respect for him and is unwilling to be open to him. If I had a father like that, I'd probably do things no different from what you're doing.

Also, it's CDadFA
    by Cryopon

Just a couple more years until you move out rite

Quote Originally Posted by ClericLordLeo View Post
    Just a couple more years until you move out rite
    But what about da rent and da college?
    by Cryopon

gets the jobs

Entitlement.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRider View Post
    wow, your an idiot
    Spoiler!