Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I start playing again?

Beginner

Default Should I start playing again?

Here is a briefing regarding the time period i stopped playing:

I stopped playing MS before they released the cygnus knights class. My main was a lvl 84 CB which i loved to play, but it was getting to the point where finding good training spots were kind of difficult if you didnt have alot of money for pots ( i went with the assaulter build). I knew i could make mesos if i put in real money for maple cash or however you call it. I was originally going to stop playing when i was at like lvl 60, but i got 4 10% scrolls to work on a deadly fin so i continued and ended up buying a pretty good pre-scrolled dragon tail at lvl 80.

My dilema is that when i first started playing MS was when the cursor was the saphire jewel pointer and the email i used at that time to sign up was alltel.net, but over the years it changed to windstream.net so when i tried to reset my password, it didn't send to "windstream.net", so pretty much my CB is a lost character so to speak.

I made a new account just now and was kind of wondering which class/job i should go with. My CB was low-dex and i'm kind of leaning towards making another CB this time better. I'm not going to make a warrior, mage, nor archer. I always loved the idea of making a low-dex sin but i'm not sure how much real money i would have to spend to do so, i also would like to make a dexless sin but.. I don't think i want to invest that much real money, so low-dex is pretty much my only option.

I have alot of free time lately so i'll have time to train. i'm just wondering which worlds are not too crowded, which world has the most stable economy? ( although i know the economy pretty much sucks in all since its one of the reasons i quit in the first place)

Basically my goal is to try and get to 3rd job on perhaps a low-dex sin.. who knows, any advice current players can give me is always nice. thanks.

My initial reaction to the title was "No, you shouldn't." and then I read on .It appears more like, "What should I play when I start over" rather than "Should I play at all?" to me.
    With the new experience curves, you could take the new classes to 70 in maybe 4 hours of casual playing? The original ones, like Thief and Archer, can still be done within 7 hours of casual play, and depending on if you're wanting to go to crowded, or less crowded and less exp places. All in all, 3rd job for a veteran will seem a LOT easier, and a lot quicker. If you play hard, you could get 3rd job in 2-3 hours or so.
    I'm not going to go into detail of "new content" or why x is so much easier than y sort of thing, but I will tell you this. The game HAS changed a lot, and a lot for the worse. To new players, they won't notice it, but I've been playing since 2006, and I must say, Nexon is very dependent on NX sales, so they try to force it on you. Nothing TAKES NX do to, like, job advances, hitting 200, but it's almost necessary to do it in a reasonable amount of time. 4th job and earlier are really easy, so that won't be a problem.Basically, having NX makes you "win" at this game. And it requires it to be "pro" to most people. Not necessarily BUYING it, but merchanting on the Maple Trade System, where you can sell items for NX.

Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    My initial reaction to the title was "No, you shouldn't." and then I read on .It appears more like, "What should I play when I start over" rather than "Should I play at all?" to me.
    With the new experience curves, you could take the new classes to 70 in maybe 4 hours of casual playing? The original ones, like Thief and Archer, can still be done within 7 hours of casual play, and depending on if you're wanting to go to crowded, or less crowded and less exp places. All in all, 3rd job for a veteran will seem a LOT easier, and a lot quicker. If you play hard, you could get 3rd job in 2-3 hours or so.
    I'm not going to go into detail of "new content" or why x is so much easier than y sort of thing, but I will tell you this. The game HAS changed a lot, and a lot for the worse. To new players, they won't notice it, but I've been playing since 2006, and I must say, Nexon is very dependent on NX sales, so they try to force it on you. Nothing TAKES NX do to, like, job advances, hitting 200, but it's almost necessary to do it in a reasonable amount of time. 4th job and earlier are really easy, so that won't be a problem.Basically, having NX makes you "win" at this game. And it requires it to be "pro" to most people. Not necessarily BUYING it, but merchanting on the Maple Trade System, where you can sell items for NX.
    True, I kind of do want to start over only because i have alot of free time nowadays. As i'm reading i just can't believe getting to lvl 70 in 4 hours lol. the only thing i could think of is hacking but i'm not a computer wiz. When i think more about it, I pretty much just want to make a low-dex sin, i'm not even going to bother making a dexless one, because thats just too much real money i would have to spend. I guess another question would be how much real money i would have to spend to make a good low-dex sin, one that deals pretty good damage.

Don't sweat it I took about 3months to get to 70, (yes i'm a slow leveller) stable economy, i have not merchant anywhere cept Windia so sorry I can not help you there

Beginner

lol 3 months?? if that were possible back then i would probably still be playing. Back then it took me like 2-3 days of seriously playing just to get one level LOL

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    i think i will recreate my CB. Reason being is that even though i was low-dex back then, i started to cap my dex at around level 6x, so i didn't get the full benifit of caping earlier. Also i'm assuming I would be spending less real money to make a lowdex dit versus making a lowdex sin. And could you shed some insight regarding getting to level 70 in like 7 hours; to me that is unheard of, but then again i've been gone for a couple of years now.

You have to learn how to train by that i mean travelling- no matter the cost and face your enemies. Really i just learned this when Big Bang came, Pre BB had a lvl 47 cleric. I wasn't training at all i just kept going around Victoria Island. I was scared of the ant tunnel and wasted away at CPQ

Beginner

could you explain this "big bang"? i'm sure there are plenty of good monsters to train on with good respawn rates. i'm more of a find a good spot then stay there, for example, back when the coolie zombie spot was very popular and respawned quick also.

Quote Originally Posted by dc5 View Post
    could you explain this "big bang"? i'm sure there are plenty of good monsters to train on with good respawn rates. i'm more of a find a good spot then stay there, for example, back when the coolie zombie spot was very popular and respawned quick also.
    Big Bang is like a completely new maplestory. Lots of stats/lvls on monsters were changed and many monsters were relocated. The maps looks a lot different.
    You know what victoria was a long round island. When i returned to maple i was planning to go to ellinia. I took my usual route but reached a dead end. You should really check maple out. and their so many changes
    Last edited by kaglover1; 19th February 2012 at 09:18 AM.

Levelling is much easier now, because the amount needed to level was decreased by quite a lot. For example, it takes me 10 minutes to get off Maple Island. Another two or three hours and I'd be done with first job, depending on the class. I couldn't get to 70 in seven hours myself, but it definitely be much easier than going from 1 to 70 four or fives years ago.

Potions are incredibly easy to find now, and can even be made using Alchemy (which you probably don't know about...). Most potions now stack in larger groups - e.g. you can hold 300 White Potions in one slot.

You don't have to spend real money at all, in fact. Real money only makes being "good" easier - a lot easier. With dedication, you could get there without spending any NX.
    I have bought NX myself, but that was for a marriage coupon and some invisible items. I'm not "godly", but I am getting there myself.

Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by DlPSHl7 View Post
    Levelling is much easier now, because the amount needed to level was decreased by quite a lot. For example, it takes me 10 minutes to get off Maple Island. Another two or three hours and I'd be done with first job, depending on the class. I couldn't get to 70 in seven hours myself, but it definitely be much easier than going from 1 to 70 four or fives years ago.

Potions are incredibly easy to find now, and can even be made using Alchemy (which you probably don't know about...). Most potions now stack in larger groups - e.g. you can hold 300 White Potions in one slot.

You don't have to spend real money at all, in fact. Real money only makes being "good" easier - a lot easier. With dedication, you could get there without spending any NX.
    I have bought NX myself, but that was for a marriage coupon and some invisible items. I'm not "godly", but I am getting there myself.
    Are you refering to the amount of exp needed to level up? Even though it is easier to level up, i doubt the prices for good equips has gone down.