Thread: Krimsonwood Mountain, etc.

Default Crimsonwood Mountain, etc.

I mentioned this previously in chatbox, but told to post here instead, so here I go (read bottom to top):

links are: http://global.hidden-street.net/map/...ey-of-heroes-1 , http://global.hidden-street.net/monster/dark-menhir
    45568 refers to deadly damage I received upon accidental touch of the monster (Menhir), me being on Level 98 Aran. Location of Dark Menhir appears to be on Valley of Heroes 2, though I didn't went to there...

And I also see that there are many other outdated data in the DB... example: Since accuracy/avoidability formula is now more based on character vs. monster levels, than on DEX, then where Weapon Att of any monster takes the value from? As me is now level 98, even though I still wear lv. 70 armor, the jesters in the Haunted House chimney are lv. 70 and deal 1 point of damage to me....
    Example 2: Ore drops are now obtained only through Mining on Reactor, but they still shown in monster drops...
    Example 3: quests data: as far I see for example the quests of Nihal Desert are still the same, but shifted from lv.20-30 to 75+, and get better rewards accordingly to the level.... most quests are already updated, but... and I mean not only the desert, but in overall.
    Example 4: Maker Skill and related data were removed long ago, aren't they meant to be on the backup before bigbang database site only?etc....
    Last edited by arseny92; 26th January 2012 at 08:20 AM.

The bit about the Menhir...it's been a while, but I'm sure that Dark Menhir is different to the ones in the Valley of Heroes 1 and 2. The poles in the jump quest aren't monster.

Quest data is harder to update, since not many people choose to do them.
    For example, the quest line to get the job hats in first job were removed and now there's only one quest (but I can never remember the specifics).

Crystal ores still drop from monsters. Master Monsters such as Eliza also drop normal ores like Sapphire. Other than that, I don't believe anything else should drop normal ores.

Hey arseny!

As our database could only be updated with the players' input, it would be great if you could provide specific information to the things that are outdated in our database, such as the quest data, etc.

I'll try and look into the monster Menhir that you have encountered in the Valley of Heroes 1, and add it into the database if we don't have it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Saigo View Post
    Hey arseny!

As our database could only be updated with the players' input, it would be great if you could provide specific information to the things that are outdated in our database, such as the quest data, etc.

I'll try and look into the monster Menhir that you have encountered in the Valley of Heroes 1, and add it into the database if we don't have it yet.
    I'm not sure how it is called, but it is mentioned as Menhirs by http://global.hidden-street.net/npc/sage - "...if you value your life, do not touch them...". I tried to hit that from a safe distance to not touch it, expecting a miss of course but I couldn't hit it either even with a miss, but IT could hit me (when I accidentally fell down on it from an upper platform, I'm bad with jump quests...). As I see that there is a Dark Menhir in the Database available, I assume the regular one I encountered, has the same abilities - it can't be hit, invincible, etc. but still has a definition of a "monster", i.e. not a umm, map decoration such as thorns in the phantom forest that do a hard-set number damage (25, 50...).

As I couldn't hit that, it is then not displayed a monster's info (level, name, HP), so I'm unsure.

Maybe a monster invincible placeholder, similar to Soul Balrog/Horntail and their parts, but with the ability to hit the player.

For the quest data, umm, well I already done most of the quests until my level (now 98, Aran) (if counting the completed quest log, twice or triple the requirement for that, including 401 pre-bigbang quests), and the log fairly details it (does not detail it in such a well-detailed way, present in the DB), so I can't repeat them. I use one character and don't like an idea to recreate it or to play with many characters.... but I well recall, when I brought 500 bellflowers on this http://global.hidden-street.net/ques...ng-ingredients quest, I received over 80000 EXP including empathy bonus exp (can't remember exact number though)...

Also what with the mining and maker skill data, mentioned above? inconsistencies.....

Also, how come that the database "could only be updated with the players' input" if the form that it all in the database is far more detailed than player input? Examples asked above, where is monster weapon att come from? Well-detailed items data? EXP/Meso droprate (if the monster is below you by level, you receive penalties in the amount of EXP and meso received, and if above, better [except the unupdated areas of Masteria] ) ? How come that the database is already updated five days ago with all the Evolving Ring III stuff, if the event is not yet ended? All this must be done by digging into detailed viewing of the WZ archive data files in the game folder...

If you are lacking people with good computer skills, to lookup the WZ files, then I offer myself, but I don't have the needed tools to open the files. What tools the team use for that? Then I could easily bring the quest data you asked above...

Though I registered for the forums here only recently, my database site account exist over two years there....

Quote Originally Posted by arseny92 View Post
    I'm not sure how it is called, but it is mentioned as Menhirs by http://global.hidden-street.net/npc/sage - "...if you value your life, do not touch them...". I tried to hit that from a safe distance to not touch it, expecting a miss of course but I couldn't hit it either even with a miss, but IT could hit me (when I accidentally fell down on it from an upper platform, I'm bad with jump quests...). As I see that there is a Dark Menhir in the Database available, I assume the regular one I encountered, has the same abilities - it can't be hit, invincible, etc. but still has a definition of a "monster", i.e. not a umm, map decoration such as thorns in the phantom forest that do a hard-set number damage (25, 50...).

As I couldn't hit that, it is then not displayed a monster's info (level, name, HP), so I'm unsure.

Maybe a monster invincible placeholder, similar to Soul Balrog/Horntail and their parts, but with the ability to hit the player.

For the quest data, umm, well I already done most of the quests until my level (now 98, Aran) (if counting the completed quest log, twice or triple the requirement for that, including 401 pre-bigbang quests), and the log fairly details it (does not detail it in such a well-detailed way, present in the DB), so I can't repeat them. I use one character and don't like an idea to recreate it or to play with many characters.... but I well recall, when I brought 500 bellflowers on this http://global.hidden-street.net/ques...ng-ingredients quest, I received over 80000 EXP including empathy bonus exp (can't remember exact number though)...

Also what with the mining and maker skill data, mentioned above? inconsistencies.....

Also, how come that the database "could only be updated with the players' input" if the form that it all in the database is far more detailed than player input? Examples asked above, where is monster weapon att come from? Well-detailed items data? EXP/Meso droprate (if the monster is below you by level, you receive penalties in the amount of EXP and meso received, and if above, better [except the unupdated areas of Masteria] ) ? How come that the database is already updated five days ago with all the Evolving Ring III stuff, if the event is not yet ended? All this must be done by digging into detailed viewing of the WZ archive data files in the game folder...

If you are lacking people with good computer skills, to lookup the WZ files, then I offer myself, but I don't have the needed tools to open the files. What tools the team use for that? Then I could easily bring the quest data you asked above...

Though I registered for the forums here only recently, my database site account exist over two years there....
    1. Yeah it could be a placeholder monster.

2. I'm unable to locate relevant data for that particular quest.

3. What are you referring to when you say "mining and maker skill data"? The ore drops? Because DlPSHl7 provided some useful insights for that.

4. These are data obtained from several sources.

As JonLoh and myself no longer play the game or have any access to GMS, other players can better address your other questions on EXP/meso rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Saigo View Post
    1. Yeah it could be a placeholder monster.

2. I'm unable to locate relevant data for that particular quest.

3. What are you referring to when you say "mining and maker skill data"? The ore drops? Because DlPSHl7 provided some useful insights for that.

4. These are data obtained from several sources.

As JonLoh and myself no longer play the game or have any access to GMS, other players can better address your other questions on EXP/meso rate.
    Mining and Maker Skill data - meaning that now (way since BigBang occured) you cannot use a Maker Skill to 'forge' items. You cannot obtain this skill from Moren at Magatia (all Nihal Desert bumped from levels 20-30 to 80-90). All 'Item Maker' NPCs no longer can 'make' or 'refine' items, they only 'repair' compatible items (with durability). You can now only 'craft' items with the Professions system (mining+smithing/accessory crafting, or herbalism+alchemy).

For the drops, I noticed them being dropped only by Master Monsters, as DlPSHl7 said...

If I'm reading the Menhir thing right the Dark ones are the poles that appear inside the party quest. Why there is data for them and not the Valley of Heroes versions is beyond me. It could be possibly due to how its damage is calculated. Unlike regular hazard damage, it isn't set. Dark Menhirs in the Party Quest are designed to reduce your HP to 100 on contact instead of outright killing you. However, a second hit while your HP is at 100 will kill you. Maybe this required its information to be stored as an enemy. (No idea, just a guess.)
    Last edited by tsunamisurfer08; 2nd March 2012 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Spelling/word changes

Love everyone, trust only a few, and do wrong to none. -William Shakespeare