Thread: Getting Server Check Error Every Time

Default Getting Server Check Error Every Time

This happens on my laptop and my PC, and I haven't been able to play in a long time. >.<

What am I doing wrong? Reinstalling didn't seem to work.

im no professional but it might be your firewall blocking the game servers. or that the login server and all the other servers are down. use gmsstatus.com to see if the servers are up.
    <---- i made this

Have you made sure your firewall settings are correct and that your router isn't blocking the ports?
    Might want to http://portforward.com/ to see if they're fine, routers sometimes block those ports by default.
    Bathis - 13x Ice/Lightning Archmage
    Level 130 [X ] - Level 140 [ ] - 10K minimum range [ ] - 30% int from eq [ ]

Signature made by Blankaex

The servers were up, there's no doubt about that. (Yes I know about how much they were down recently. :P)

I'll do some research on the ports thing as I don't think I even have a firewall on either of my computers. Maple has worked on both in the past.

Try and add C:\Nexon\MapleStory\MapleStory.exe to your allowed paths in your firewall (default path; yours may be different).

^Click!^

Eh What the hell.
    [x] 2nd Job [x] 3rd Job [ ] 4th Job [x] 100k [x] 1 mil
    [x] 5 mil [x] 10 mil [ ] ZRun

Can't get my router's IP because IPConfig opens and then closes. >.<

99% sure it's a port issue.... blah.

(It's the only thing that makes sense, while the laptop and PC connected to MS in the past, I was living in a different place. Moved, new router etc....)