Thread: Why won't my MapleStory work?

Default Why won't my MapleStory work?

I've tried installing maplestory on 2 of my laptops both unsuccessful. Both my laptops run on windows 7 ultimate 64bit,I just downloaded maple story today and tried to install it, i then came across this problem where windows says "This program has known compatibility issues" i click run program and then maple says "we are unable to connect to the login server due to firewall block or other network issues". so i googled it and tried multiple options like changing compatibility and admin, reinstalling, turning off the firewall, downloading direct x and heaps of other stuff i read online that did not work. So here i am hoping someone out there would have a solution.

Try setting the entire maplestory folder to be compatible with Vista under program files.

Also try running it as admin afterwards.

If that doesn't work, try to set the entire folder to give full access to you (administrative rights). Sometimes it needs to be done.
    Last edited by emailbox; 16th July 2012 at 09:22 PM.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Are there mirror sites that you can use

we are unable to connect to the login server due to firewall block or other network issues
    I'm pretty sure this is Maple's generic message for "The game will not load". Which region are you playing from? You'll also get this error message if you're playing outside GMS's region.