Thread: Moar tech support needed D: (Dual Monitors)

Default Moar tech support needed D: (Dual Monitors)

Hey guys. I've recently taking up using Dual Monitors, as you can see:

Well, it's not exactly a dual monitor rig, I'm just connecting another monitor to my laptop. In any case, you can see that there's a small but very noticeable difference in the screen positions.

But, the left monitor's full resolution, of course, fills up the whole screen. So, I was wondering if there was a way to move the display further down, since there's nothing wrong with that part of the screen. I'd like to have my monitors having the same vertical size, but the positioning being off is really annoying me. I looked through the OSD settings for the monitor, and the maximum vertical positioning is what's shown in the picture above.

But of course, it's not all the way down at the bottom. I don't see why I'm unable to move it further down, so I was wondering if there's any other way to do so. Anyone have any ideas?

I already looked through my Windows, Intel display thing and NVidia settings, couldn't really find anything. My last resort would probably be to put my laptop on top of a book or something, but I don't really want to do that.

I would literally just physically move one of the monitors xD. You know I think you can run 2 monitors at different resolutions. Most people if they dock their laptop will use the monitor as their main and the laptop as a secondary until they undock.

I've just learnt to become accustomed to the annoying ~2cm difference. You can run at different resolutions but I don't really like to, different heights look wrong. They are different resolutions, though. My laptop is 1366x768 and the monitor is 1280x800 (running 1280x768).

Problem is, I can't lower the monitor any more and if I raise the laptop then it strains my wrists when I use my keyboard.

Put a block slightly in front of the keyboard so you have a raised platform for your wrists?