Thread: How to detect Mac spy software for Mac

Icon10 How to detect Mac spy software for Mac

Hey, guys. I am new here.
    How can I make sure if my MacBook is free from mac spy software?
    I think my sister may have put a mac keylogger on my computer, but before I start stressing out I want to get the facts.

I caught her viewing this Mac Keylogger page, but I guess she wouldn't have purchased one, so it would have to be possible to download for free, and I am unclear or not as to wether she has the administrators password. Could she have put a mac keylogger on my computer?
    Last edited by Sherona; 8th March 2012 at 09:51 AM.
    Happy every day

You could ask her couldn't you? Better yet, you could type out messages like "I KNOW YOU ARE KEY LOGGING ME"

But if you're looking for software which detects keyloggers on a Mac, try Tripwire or Little Snitch.

Step 1: Ask your sister as CLL said
    Step 2: If she lies to you, strap her down to a chair and bring out the fingernail remover
    Step 3: Explain to her how forgiving you are, and you'll give her 38 more chances to tell the truth.
    Step 4: Ask the question again, and if she lies again use the fingernail remover to take off the nail on her left pinkie finger.
    Step 4: Ask the question again, and if she lies again hammer 1 nail into the first joint on her left pinkie finger.
    Step 5: Repeat the question 36 more times, and each time she lies, hammer 1 nail into each finger joint starting left going right and going from finger tip to knuckle. Remember when you start a new finger to take the nail off of it first.
    Step 6: Do what you do to liars if she's still lying after that.

In case you don't have a fingernail remover (why don't you have one??? go get one now) use pliers although that's not as elegant.

All this to say I wouldn't worry about a family member trying to keylog you >.>

Quote Originally Posted by dae314 View Post
    step 1: Ask your sister as cll said
    step 2: If she lies to you, strap her down to a chair and bring out the fingernail remover
    step 3: Explain to her how forgiving you are, and you'll give her 38 more chances to tell the truth.
    Step 4: Ask the question again, and if she lies again use the fingernail remover to take off the nail on her left pinkie finger.
    Step 4: Ask the question again, and if she lies again hammer 1 nail into the first joint on her left pinkie finger.
    Step 5: Repeat the question 36 more times, and each time she lies, hammer 1 nail into each finger joint starting left going right and going from finger tip to knuckle. Remember when you start a new finger to take the nail off of it first.
    Step 6: Do what you do to liars if she's still lying after that.

In case you don't have a fingernail remover (why don't you have one??? Go get one now) use pliers although that's not as elegant.

huehueheuheuhe
    Last edited by ClericLordLeo; 7th March 2012 at 02:22 PM.

• Check the task list by press ctrl+alt+del in windows. Examine all the tasks running, if you unsure of a task look it up on a search engine.
    • Use the system configuration utility to determine which task are loaded at start-up (type "msconfig" in the run box to start).
    • Run your antivirus checker, it's possible this will pick up the Keylogger on your system.
    • Scan your hard disk for the most recent files stored. Look at the contents of any files continually updating (these might be logs).
    • Download a specific keylogger detector program, and see if it detects anything.
    • Run Spybot S&D, this program checks for some known keyloggers.

How to detect a keylogger?
    Last edited by nula; 30th July 2012 at 03:03 PM.