Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vacuum Cleaning

Hybrid View

Default Vacuum Cleaning

I hate Vacuuming with large Vacuum Cleaners (the one you pull and push on the ground, not the sucking ones). People should just live in houses with no carpets. Brooming plus Mopping is so much easier than Vacuuming.
    by Cryopon

1)Plug into wall
    2)Move back and forth
    3)Done

I have to get all of the hair strands off of the carpet first (and the hair strands are really small and dark and I can't see them).
    I have to move all the stuff off the ground to make room so that I can vacuum.
    I have to put everything back after I vacuum.
    by Cryopon

I hate what I'm made to do in order to vacuum. Move furniture to vacuum under it. That couch won't move itself apparently.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

I love hoovering (Or as you 'Mericans call it, vacuuming). It's a great way to get warm and make the house look better~
    Spoiler!

My art blog

Quote Originally Posted by Phazonkirby View Post
    I love hoovering (Or as you 'Mericans call it, vacuuming). It's a great way to get warm and make the house look better~
    Wat hoovering. I don't even have a Hoover vacuum.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    I hate what I'm made to do in order to vacuum. Move furniture to vacuum under it. That couch won't move itself apparently.
    One of my "better" jobs involved vacuuming with a ****ing heavy (the boss couldn't just use a commercial steam cleaner, no he had to have an industrial style canister steam cleaner, meaning I had to lift that 50 lb piece of **** in and out of his truck, etc) steam clean vacuum using some cleaning solution that basically would stain any wood and cause it to bleed onto the carpet. So I'd have to lift furniture with one hand while putting aluminum foil pieces on the other. And then this ghey mama's boy (trust me, I met his mother) would gripe and complain that I used too much foil, and could I lift it again and make a smaller piece. I put up with this guy (and his screwy hours/days which I was expected to schedule around) for a year and a half. This would nominate me for sainthood, so why is it I have no decent recommendation that will get me a job?

On the flipside, I immediately knew the best vacuum to get when we needed a replacement (NO canister, no bag, upright mid-size with removable section. That and a shop vac for wet vacuuming).

Well at least you guys have it easy. Carpets are a pain in the ass to clean especially pets. My stairs has carpets and tugging the vacuum is a pain in my rear end. And I happen to be the only one cleaning up the brush from the vacuum and removing the hair off too. It could be fixed with a product called Swivel Sweeper but can't trust those stuff unless you have back pain. Preferably have a vacuum that has good suction and doesn't lose power.
    I'm Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by rasudoken View Post
    I have to get all of the hair strands off of the carpet first (and the hair strands are really small and dark and I can't see them).
    I have to move all the stuff off the ground to make room so that I can vacuum.
    I have to put everything back after I vacuum.
    The last two you'd still have to do even if you didn't have carpets, lol. And you have to be extra careful without carpets or risk scratching the floor(or use those "furniture mover things" every time).

But yeah, hairs in carpet are a pain. Consider trying a "rubber broom"? Those work pretty well to "scoop" up all the hair(s) out to put in a pile, so vacuuming is easier.

Here: http://www.amazon.com/As-Seen-217412.../dp/B000H1RMWQ

I dont use my carpet.
    [21-11, 13:19] Tesiqurasa: so do their guns
    [21-11, 13:19] Bishopz: Al qaeda has a magazine.