Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vacuum Cleaning

Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by Merciless View Post
    I pour acid on my carpets
    then follow up with a basic bath

then add water to the carpet to get the remaining salts ionized and dissolved in water
    then use a wet/dry vac to get everything. That gets rid of all funky smells, odors, little creatures running around, or any biological material for that matter
    Also gets rid of carpet. At least the cheap carpet in my apartment. Concrete is sooo much easier to keep clean plus no worries about furniture scratches.

Hoovering (I love that term! I think I'll adopt it.) helps my back strengthen. Of course , the hoover is not functioning properly atm. Until the money magically appears to fix it, I'll float down the denial river.

I like how carpet is soft and cushiony and that alone is a good trade for having to vacuum. Least for me.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    I hate what I'm made to do in order to vacuum. Move furniture to vacuum under it. That couch won't move itself apparently.
    One of my "better" jobs involved vacuuming with a ****ing heavy (the boss couldn't just use a commercial steam cleaner, no he had to have an industrial style canister steam cleaner, meaning I had to lift that 50 lb piece of **** in and out of his truck, etc) steam clean vacuum using some cleaning solution that basically would stain any wood and cause it to bleed onto the carpet. So I'd have to lift furniture with one hand while putting aluminum foil pieces on the other. And then this ghey mama's boy (trust me, I met his mother) would gripe and complain that I used too much foil, and could I lift it again and make a smaller piece. I put up with this guy (and his screwy hours/days which I was expected to schedule around) for a year and a half. This would nominate me for sainthood, so why is it I have no decent recommendation that will get me a job?

On the flipside, I immediately knew the best vacuum to get when we needed a replacement (NO canister, no bag, upright mid-size with removable section. That and a shop vac for wet vacuuming).

Well at least you guys have it easy. Carpets are a pain in the ass to clean especially pets. My stairs has carpets and tugging the vacuum is a pain in my rear end. And I happen to be the only one cleaning up the brush from the vacuum and removing the hair off too. It could be fixed with a product called Swivel Sweeper but can't trust those stuff unless you have back pain. Preferably have a vacuum that has good suction and doesn't lose power.
    I'm Retired.

Beginner

It ain't easy cleaning up cat gak balls from carpet. Nature's Miracle deodorizer doesn't cut it.

My best purchase in recent years was the high pressure steam washer. I have wanted to buy these devices for a very long time. Now it does not take much time to clean the interior of the car or furniture in the house. Not only that, but it is an opportunity to keep yourself and your children safe from germs.*

I love having all my floors carpeted, and so after moving to a new apartment I'm looking for a store with a diverse selection of carpeting. Has anyone already ordered carpets from such stores? Share your experience, advise proven companies with a wide range, and also tell about the quality of the goods and delivery conditions. Thank you for any information

I recommend paying attention to the reviews of RugsUSA, an online store with an extensive range of products. Many customers praise the variety of choice and the quality of the goods provided. When thinking about ordering from such stores, it is useful to learn about the personal experiences of other customers. RugsUSA Reviews can provide valuable information about product quality, service and delivery conditions.