Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi hi hi!

Beginner

Icon10 Hi hi hi!

I'm SoulCat, new to this board (well duh) and a bit older than most of you I'm sure, :P But not too old to have fun. Looking for a board that is friendly and knowledgeable as well as fun. My kids play Maplestory and got me into it by way of Battle Mage on Zenith. Although it is a great character I'm still floating around to find a main.

There is a question-
    I have an Aran that was made before big bang and so has 30 base dex. No warriors need dex anymore for equips. One sticking point is he has the Combo King medal so it's sentimental. Not going to spend big NX/Karma Koin (w/e) to reset the AP.

How will that high DEX affect the character? Or would it be not that big a deal?

Thanks for an honest answer!
    Last edited by SoulCat; 18th March 2012 at 06:30 AM.

Hey, welcome to Hidden-Street! Hope you keep visiting frequently!

As for your question, I don't think 26 Dex will affect your character overall too much. It might be a bit weaker than the rest at like, level 20, but it will barely be noticable, if at all at around level 50. I don't think it's too much of a problem.

hi i like cats too, welcome!

there are ap reset events, you can always wait for one of those

hehehe

solelygrace+saiarain <3

Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by blankaex View Post
    Hey, welcome to Hidden-Street! Hope you keep visiting frequently!

As for your question, I don't think 26 Dex will affect your character overall too much. It might be a bit weaker than the rest at like, level 20, but it will barely be noticable, if at all at around level 50. I don't think it's too much of a problem.
    Thanks for the welcome! I plan on being here as often as possible.

Just keep leveling up the Aran then! After I get an SP reset that is. It seems some skills have changed. Do Arans get a free SP scroll with the Alliance quest? I thought I read that somewhere. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    hi i like cats too, welcome!

there are ap reset events, you can always wait for one of those
    Cat lovers unite!!! Thanks for the nice welcome! I have a Siamese cat and a dark grey cat who do get along well.

Ap event is intriguing. That would probably be in the summer or next really big patch. Not too long away. Thanks for the suggestion! Can still level up in the meantime. . .

Although I started a Wind Archer that is a lot of fun!!

Hi hi hi !
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Welcome to HS! Enjoy your stay~

switching between a KoC character (your wind archer) and your main isn't a bad idea. your KoC char gives additional weapon and magic attack for every 5 or 10 levels it obtains, i believe. the extra attack goes to all the other chars in the same world as you. so if your aran and wind archer are in the same world, and say your w/a was level 50, you'd get +wep/m.att on your aran automatically.

also gray cats are cute :)

hehehe

solelygrace+saiarain <3

Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    Hi hi hi !
    Nice to meet Ya!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    Welcome to HS! Enjoy your stay~
    I believe I shall enjoy it here, thank you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    switching between a KoC character (your wind archer) and your main isn't a bad idea. your KoC char gives additional weapon and magic attack for every 5 or 10 levels it obtains, i believe. the extra attack goes to all the other chars in the same world as you. so if your aran and wind archer are in the same world, and say your w/a was level 50, you'd get +wep/m.att on your aran automatically.

also gray cats are cute :)
    Good to know I'm doing something right! I made the WA STR-less however, finding a maple weapon is proving to be a challenge plus at some point there are diminishing returns on a 35Attk. weapon no matter how much of a main stat there is. Course, I OHKO everything right now. (Feel the Powah!!) XD

My grey cat is indeed a happy cat like the LOL cat. Hehe!

P.S. LF>Level 4x Maple Bow in Galicia anyone?
    Last edited by SoulCat; 20th March 2012 at 02:53 PM. Reason: just another random thought

i would say it doesn't really matter for KoCs to be statless on their secondary stat, since they only go up to lvl 120. so you should consider adding some str to your WA, though how much, i do not know.

i don't think anyone active plays in galicia D:

hehehe

solelygrace+saiarain <3

Beginner

Hmmm, ok I'll just make it regular stat then because it would be easier. Until 70 maybe. . .idk. . .investigation time. She's level 45 after a few hours play.

Soooo, what server do most people from HS play?